• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Majority of my wife's family support Arsenal. I always enjoy giving it to them.
hqdefault.jpg

Disagree, i think the way we have shut down all questions about Poch/Utd is the way to go.

It’s funny that I think even in the last couple of days, I feel the speculation has died down considerably. 20LEGEND is doing well, and we have moved up to 2nd - it just makes anyone seriously arguing the case to move right now just look a bit silly to be honest, beyond the Sunday Supplement guys and the Sky Debate Guys, who’s only actual argument seems to be ‘but it’s Manchester United’, it seems most people couldn’t really care less and are already bored. I wouldn’t be surprised if Neville and Tyler were also surprised at the backlash of shoehorning ‘the story’ into their commentary for the Everton game.

We are second in the League. We are way ahead of United, and we’re moving into a much better stadium with a much better squad. The idea that Poch would leave should be growing more ridiculous by the day, and I think it is. There is only so many times that Sky can report ‘Spurs refuse to take questions on Poch to United’ before that becomes a boring story as well, and frankly the idea that United were great once so they absolutely have to be great again is just nonsense. England is much more competitive than Spain, so the only massive clubs that have such entrenched dominance and allure our Barca and Madrid. There is more chance of us keeping our seat at the top table than there is of United ‘getting back to where they were’, and I’m surprised this isn’t blindingly obvious to those in the media commenting on it.

Bravo to the club for the way they have handled it.

Wont change a thing. So why do it?

The press would just switch to "Poch playing hard to get". Dont think for a second it would kill all the media BS.

And yet Poch never gets linked to Barcelona....

Listen, I'm not saying Poch needs to say anything. He could say something and then leave anyway. He could decide to stay and be committal in his comments throughout the season.

But I find some of the mental gymnastics a bit weird, seeing as it would be very easy to shut down the questions himself by repeating his previous comments. Do you want to manage Man Utd? I want to build a legacy here and stay 15-20 years if I'm allowed.

Pretty simple and a tad sight more concrete than I'm focused on Spurs right now.

I don't expect Poch to say anything, I don't blame him regardless of what decision he makes this summer but I just find it a bit strange that people think his comments couldn't be a bit more concrete or that the media response would be the same for someone saying 'I want to be here for 15-20 years' and 'I'm focused on here right now'.

Either way, great stuff vs Bournemouth and let's hope we pick up another 6 points from the next 2. Chugging along very nicely currently,

And yet Poch never gets linked to Barcelona....

Listen, I'm not saying Poch needs to say anything. He could say something and then leave anyway. He could decide to stay and be committal in his comments throughout the season.

But I find some of the mental gymnastics a bit weird, seeing as it would be very easy to shut down the questions himself by repeating his previous comments. Do you want to manage Man Utd? I want to build a legacy here and stay 15-20 years if I'm allowed.

Pretty simple and a tad sight more concrete than I'm focused on Spurs right now.

I don't expect Poch to say anything, I don't blame him regardless of what decision he makes this summer but I just find it a bit strange that people think his comments couldn't be a bit more concrete or that the media response would be the same for someone saying 'I want to be here for 15-20 years' and 'I'm focused on here right now'.

Either way, great stuff vs Bournemouth and let's hope we pick up another 6 points from the next 2. Chugging along very nicely currently,

It’s a good point that he doesn’t get linked to Barca, because he was more certain about it, and therefore it doesn’t happen. But at the same time, he never came out and said he didn’t want Madrid last summer. He just turned them down in private / let it be known the invitation wasn’t welcome, and that was the end of it. No public grandiose statements. He asks us to trust him, and we should do.

On the Barca thing also, I think he has on multiple occasions said he would never manage Barca, but then also followed that up with a clarification that he never said he absolutely wouldn’t, and that his quotes were taken out of context. So I think he may just like being linked. Maybe it’s some psychology / aura thing with him, like it is good for his players to view him as some sort of highly sought after managerial GHod. Or maybe it’s a trust thing, where if he tells people to trust him, he wants people to do it without needing a media story to back it up.

Part of what makes him special is that he thinks differently to most other people about these concepts of auras, trust, loyalty etc. I can’t pretend to know exactly what he’s doing but I’m very confident he’s going nowhere.

I am not sure that Poch is the right fit for United anyway. It seems to me his style of management relies on every one of the squad buying into his methods absolutely and without question. While this can work for young, talented, unproven players, I am not sure that it would work with players with massive egos - such as those who already think they are galacticos as they represent a big club, whether it is Man U, Barca or Real Madrid.

I just don't think his style (and the requirement of double training sessions) would fit in with that ethos. So while he is the perfect fit for us at our stage of development, I really don't think his approach would work at one of the so called big clubs. Unless he is given a long time to prove his approach works (i.e. several years ) he won't match their fans and chairmen's desires for instant success.

I think (and hope) Zidane will be the next United manager - unless Solskaar gets their juices flowing this season.

It’s a good point that he doesn’t get linked to Barca, because he was more certain about it, and therefore it doesn’t happen. But at the same time, he never came out and said he didn’t want Madrid last summer. He just turned them down in private / let it be known the invitation wasn’t welcome, and that was the end of it. No public grandiose statements. He asks us to trust him, and we should do.

On the Barca thing also, I think he has on multiple occasions said he would never manage Barca, but then also followed that up with a clarification that he never said he absolutely wouldn’t, and that his quotes were taken out of context. So I think he may just like being linked. Maybe it’s some psychology / aura thing with him, like it is good for his players to view him as some sort of highly sought after managerial GHod. Or maybe it’s a trust thing, where if he tells people to trust him, he wants people to do it without needing a media story to back it up.

Part of what makes him special is that he thinks differently to most other people about these concepts of auras, trust, loyalty etc. I can’t pretend to know exactly what he’s doing but I’m very confident he’s going nowhere.

He said he wouldn't manage Barca because of his links with Espanyol. It would be like Ossie managing the Goons. Just would never happen.

Agreed. And that is why I'm saying that I don't think his lack of concrete comments mean he is going. I guess its also note worthy that the Real links were cut pretty quickly as they moved to hire their new manager within a couple of weeks whereas this will likely rumble on for the next 5 months most likely.

Also, has he said that? Could you link that because all I've ever heard him say is that managing Barcelona is a big no for him, just like managing Arsenal now he is a Spurs man would be out of the question. I haven't seen any comments from him since to say otherwise.

He certainly does have some interesting ideas about.....auras haha. And like I said, I trust him. And regardless of what happens this summer, I won't begrudge him anything and I will always love him for the time he's given us, even if he does leave.

But I just find the mental gymnastics a bit strange, as if his comments are all that can be said, when we all know that isn't true. I hope he is using this as leverage with Levy though to get a bit of investment this Jan/hopefully this summer too.

I just hope we don’t do a Southampton. Potentially we could face losing Poch, Toby and Eriksen in the summer. Southampton were a solid top 8 team imo until Poch left and a number of their core players were allowed to leave, now look at them.

I just hope we don’t do a Southampton. Potentially we could face losing Poch, Toby and Eriksen in the summer. Southampton were a solid top 8 team imo until Poch left and a number of their core players were allowed to leave, now look at them.

We're nothing like Southampton though and I truly believe Poch will stay.

However regardless of what players or coach we have in place, I'm confident we'll continue along on our current trajectory.

Why? Because we're run by arguably the best operator in the league.

We're nothing like Southampton though and I truly believe Poch will stay.

However regardless of what players or coach we have in place, I'm confident we'll continue along on our current trajectory.

Why? Because we're run by arguably the best operator in the league.

The way the teams are under poch are very similar other than the quality at Poch's disposal. He went into Southampton and built a team that were playing for him and believed in his philosophy. A few of his important players were allowed to leave and he decided he wanted a new challenge and moved on. What happens if we allow Toby and Eriksen to leave due to not giving them what they wanted? Poch doesn't get money to spend, we lose 2 of our best players, he decides he has had enough? Quite similar situation other than quality of the 2 teams.

Doing a Southampton would be more like Joe Lewis's heir getting rid of Levy. Now THAT would be bad.

Back