• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

It depends on what we want to achieve. If we want to stay in the top 4 and win a trophy we should be fine, if we dont lose key players. We can alsi afford to develop from within and also lose some deadweight as suggested above.

But its going to be hard to win the league!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

Well firstly a player who will take us to the next level has to a. Be available b. Want to come to us and C. We need to be able to afford them.

As an example when Madrid still had Zidane there was a possibility of a shake up in playing personal, and us snagging Modric even Bale. But with a new manager why would they want to sell these two stars?

A player like Pulsic would be amazing but there are a lot of clubs he could go to and he’s probably happy developing as he is now and then signing for elite money at Barca, Madrid, City or United. It’s only if they are not interested can we compete. If thy are he’ll bide his time where he is.

Which leaves us with signing players who are not a clear upgrade on what we have. Therefore it can be better to develop players who have a foundation with us.

We have to appeal to the Pulsic’s that we will develop and play them, and that we’re a close friendly young team going places.

As I said this season the Stadium is the star, and signing players for the sake of it just weakens us in following windows.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Pochettino: “But of course football is always about adding more quality every season like different clubs, our contenders are doing. If we cannot do that we need to try to be creative and of course the help from the younger players would be amazing"

The man is class

Serious fears that he might walk out on us in relatively near future...

I said this based purely on this window. Anyone that cares to look back can see my venomous support of Levy and the club and Poch so this does not come as some agenda or long term doom and gloom but I don't see him here much longer.

This window is abit of a disaster, we have 2 and a half wantaways in Toby, Dembele and Rose which we lose serious quality if sold and don't replace or we keep and its a year of Toby on the bench because Poch will never play him ala Walker. If they were happy we should have been looking to improve in other areas anyway so we are doubly behind any ideas of an upward curve player wise.

I just don't see Poch starting a season without any freshness or increase in quality and thinking its a good thing.

He should have been putting pressure on the board earlier.

I said same thing to a mate. Marco SIlva managed to negotiate Evertons splash when he signed, you think Poch would do same in his contract extention, this is a guy who organises his staffs with his contract so if he did not gain assurances you have to wonder.

Poch stock is huge now, maybe some would say its too classy for him to do but I can't see why he would not put some markers down.

I said same thing to a mate. Marco SIlva managed to negotiate Evertons splash when he signed, you think Poch would do same in his contract extention, this is a guy who organises his staffs with his contract so if he did not gain assurances you have to wonder.

Poch stock is huge now, maybe some would say its too classy for him to do but I can't see why he would not put some markers down.

I don't think its a case of being classy, if you word it correctly there is nothing wrong with a gentle nudge in the boards direction.

I don't think its a case of being classy, if you word it correctly there is nothing wrong with a gentle nudge in the boards direction.

My Sentiments exactly, its your own legacy your dealing with.

Ultimately I think we go backwards in this window without any additions based on what I said about the 3 before, all in all not good.

I can't see that tweet for some reason. Can someone copy and paste the comments

"Yes. We are working so hard but still we are like it's the first day of the transfer window – with no signings."
"I think I am not the person to explain it," he added. "Of course, people expect the manager to explain that but, for different reasons, it's been difficult to add players who can help us. But in the last week many things can happen."
"I'm not relaxed because I'm a coach and you cannot be relaxed," he said. "I think you need to be confident and trust in the people we have and the way that we work."
"Of course, football is all about adding more quality every season like our rivals are doing. If we cannot do that, we need to try to be creative and, of course, the help of younger players will be amazing and they showed they can help us if, in the end, we cannot sign players."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1533294248

I said this based purely on this window. Anyone that cares to look back can see my venomous support of Levy and the club and Poch so this does not come as some agenda or long term doom and gloom but I don't see him here much longer.

You got that transferitis, I see. Happens to most, every window.

What do we actually know? I think its fair to say, the square root of fudge all.

We know we havent signed anyone.
We know Poch is somewhat frustrated with that.
We know Poch recognises he isnt the one doing the deals.
We know there is still a week to go - despite the doom and gloom the window is actually still open.
We know Poch just signed a new contract, so presumably, at least as of a couple of weeks ago, he was very happy in the job and with its long term prospects.
We know several players have also been signed to longer term deals, I would assume this made him happy.

We dont know what deals we are pursuing.
We dont know who or how many players.
We dont know the quality.
We dont know the status of these deals, maybe they are nearly complete?
We dont know how Poch feels about them. He has always struck me as pragmatic, and understanding that the business side of things is seperate from the football.

For all we know, we have a few deals in the works that Poch believes will see us challenge for the league - and he is actually delighted - with these comments being nothing more than frustration that they arent over the line yet.

And theres the crux of it.

People spin comments like these with their own paranoia and then go off on one.

So I have to ask, is the whole media narrative around our lack of signings getting to you?

"Yes. We are working so hard but still we are like it's the first day of the transfer window – with no signings."
"I think I am not the person to explain it," he added. "Of course, people expect the manager to explain that but, for different reasons, it's been difficult to add players who can help us. But in the last week many things can happen."
"I'm not relaxed because I'm a coach and you cannot be relaxed," he said. "I think you need to be confident and trust in the people we have and the way that we work."
"Of course, football is all about adding more quality every season like our rivals are doing. If we cannot do that, we need to try to be creative and, of course, the help of younger players will be amazing and they showed they can help us if, in the end, we cannot sign players."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1533294248

Well unlike some i do not see anything in that which points to him throwing his toys out of the pram ( like some fans seem to be doing). Like Nayim says above People spin comments like these with their own paranoia and then go off on one.

Last edited:
So I have to ask, is the whole media narrative around our lack of signings getting to you?

Not really, like most of us we are Spurs junkies by nature so I don't need the media to sway my thought process on things. On face value this is a poor window based on the facts and that is we are 6 days away and there is nothing, not even a Foyth for the future esq signing.

Poch loves Spurs its clear and clear from his book but we would all be romantic fools to believe he cares about the Spurs project as much as Levy regardless of how much we all want to believe it.

Not really, like most of us we are Spurs junkies by nature so I don't need the media to sway my thought process on things. On face value this is a poor window based on the facts and that is we are 6 days away and there is nothing, not even a Foyth for the future esq signing.

Poch loves Spurs its clear and clear from his book but we would all be romantic fools to believe he cares about the Spurs project as much as Levy regardless of how much we all want to believe it.

Ive never stated or inferred Poch is in love with the club or anything like it, I dont actually know why you mention it.

The window is still open. While it would have been nice to have done our business already, it hasnt actually closed and so its a bit premature to call it a poor window at this point.

Should we finish up, in a few days, with Zaha/Martial and Kovacic in, while holding onto Rose and Alderweireld - would it have been a poor window?

Or would it have been well worth holding off on buying lesser players just to have them in early?

With the team we have, is there even any need to go over board on buys this window? Are we in desperate need of certain positions?
Assuming no sales, almost certainly not.

Well unlike some i do not see anything in that which points to him throwing his toys out of the pram ( like some fans seem to be doing). Like Nayim says above People spin comments like these with their own paranoia and then go off on one.

Yeah, can't say it worries me too much either, but especially the "I'm not relaxed" comment, without the context of how the question was asked, is a bit ... irking, considering what Donna Cullen just went out and said a few days ago.

Ive never stated or inferred Poch is in love with the club or anything like it, I dont actually know why you mention it.

The window is still open. While it would have been nice to have done our business already, it hasnt actually closed and so its a bit premature to call it a poor window at this point.

Should we finish up, in a few days, with Zaha/Martial and Kovacic in, while holding onto Rose and Alderweireld - would it have been a poor window?

Or would it have been well worth holding off on buying lesser players just to have them in early?

With the team we have, is there even any need to go over board on buys this window? Are we in desperate need of certain positions?
Assuming no sales, almost certainly not.

I never said you said that, I am saying that

Also the point you keep ignoring is I said "iF" we don't sign anyone it will be a poor window one in which I maintain. I put it to you, if we sign no one is it a good window? Keeping Toby on his current contract he is clearly unhappy with is not going to bring out the Toby of a year ago so I would say that weakens us because he was the best defender in the league by some way too.

Their being a WC and a Transfer window does not restrict you like people make out, we all knew the WC was coming and the teams voted on when the window closed and like Liverpool if you are savvy you can sign players in previous windows for future and is negates those hurdles.

To your last point you fail to acknowledge that teams around you can and most likely will improve.

Yeah, can't say it worries me too much either, but especially the "I'm not relaxed" comment, without the context of how the question was asked, is a bit ... irking, considering what Donna Cullen just went out and said a few days ago.

I think that phrase is felt by most coaches no matter who they are with, lets be honest the pressure on managers/coaches in todays game is massive, add to that the different in natural language and i do not read much into it.

You are right - its all context. And I would suggest, given its clickbait, you can almost guarantee comments will be taken out of context.

He is about to embark on a new season, hasnt got his first team together yet, is taking on the CL again, and has an expectation to finish top 4 - would you be relaxed in his shoes?

I never said you said that, I am saying that

Also the point you keep ignoring is I said "iF" we don't sign anyone it will be a poor window one in which I maintain. I put it to you, if we sign no one is it a good window? Keeping Toby on his current contract he is clearly unhappy with is not going to bring out the Toby of a year ago so I would say that weakens us because he was the best defender in the league by some way too.

Their being a WC and a Transfer window does not restrict you like people make out, we all knew the WC was coming and the teams voted on when the window closed and like Liverpool if you are savvy you can sign players in previous windows for future and is negates those hurdles.

To your last point you fail to acknowledge that teams around you can and most likely will improve.

If we were like Liverpool we would currently be £150,000,000 in the hole, and christ knows how much on wages. You call that savvy?

Improvement is not only driven by purchasing. All our players are young and continually improving. Many have stepped up just over the summer! We now have Moura hitting his stride, and Sanchez established. We have Lamela properly fit. Compared to this time last year I think we are better off. And thats without buys - which at no point do I deny as a good thing.

Of course I have ambitions, of course there are areas Id like to improve - but a little perspective please.

Back