• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Poch has not made the shortlist of this year's FIFA top ten coaches. Probably needs to win a trophy or at least make the CL final, which it seems is what got Klopp shortlisted.

Poch has not made the shortlist of this year's FIFA top ten coaches. Probably needs to win a trophy or at least make the CL final, which it seems is what got Klopp shortlisted.
Yes reaching that final has really raised Klopp's profile despite him not yet finishing above Poch in the league. Think they will do well this season. Bring in Martial and a replacement for Toby and we will be up there too imo other wise we will find it tough especially as so many of our players were involved in the WC

Yes reaching that final has really raised Klopp's profile despite him not yet finishing above Poch in the league. Think they will do well this season. Bring in Martial and a replacement for Toby and we will be up there too imo other wise we will find it tough especially as so many of our players were involved in the WC

Liverpool will push City this season, he has signed some very good talent.

We are unlikely to bring anyone in, Poch said as much today, poor window

Liverpool will push City this season, he has signed some very good talent.

We are unlikely to bring anyone in, Poch said as much today, poor window
Decision to close the window early has not helped but other clubs have been busy bringing top players in.

No question stadium costs are impacting negatively on our ability to compete in the market despite Daniel's denials. About time he stopped kidding us.

Now looking like the No 1 strategy all along has been to prioritise keeping our top players through substantially increased contracts in which case it's still been a pretty successful window.

What seems to be hurting us most though is the need to sell before we buy. We clearly needed to bring in funds from the sale of Aldereiweld, Rose and others before we could spend, but that's where it seems to have gone badly wrong. Other clubs seem to be aware of our predicament and are maybe playing Levy at his own game, holding back until the last minute.

Decision to close the window early has not helped but other clubs have been busy bringing top players in.

No question stadium costs are impacting negatively on our ability to compete in the market despite Daniel's denials. About time he stopped kidding us.

Now looking like the No 1 strategy all along has been to prioritise keeping our top players through substantially increased contracts in which case it's still been a pretty successful window.

What seems to be hurting us most though is the need to sell before we buy. We clearly needed to bring in funds from the sale of Aldereiweld, Rose and others before we could spend, but that's where it seems to have gone badly wrong. Other clubs seem to be aware of our predicament and are maybe playing Levy at his own game, holding back until the last minute.

I think the money is there, but Levy would prefer to sell first then buy. Its just more efficient in keeping a control over wage costs and means you probably get a better price for the players you want rid of.

One issue may be that Levy doesnt quite trust Poch's judgement of players anymore after the big money failures in Sissoko, Janssen and even Llorente. That's over 61 million right there that we will struggle to get back even in this crazy market.

I said in another thread that if Poch wants Zaha then imo we are financially able to complete that deal right now without selling anyone first. The money is there. The question is whether Levy thinks it's a good deal or not

One issue may be that Levy doesnt quite trust Poch's judgement of players anymore after the big money failures in Sissoko, Janssen and even Llorente. That's over 61 million right there that we will struggle to get back even in this crazy market.

It is interesting, how much responsibility or involvement did Poch have in these three signings? He seemed to reject Janssen quite early on, preferred to give Son a run of games when Kane was injured which is pretty damning considering that was the only chance he really had to get into the team. Same with Llorente but given his age it would seem odd that Levy would have been the driver behind that deal. Sissoko however gets played a lot by Poch, maybe that means he was behind his signing?!

I take our point that IF the main strategy is to keep our players then we might be successful in doing so. However if that is the main strategy, rather than say "increase overall quality of the squad" then I'm a little concerned

I'd rather we keep Rose and Toby tbh rather than sign 19 year olds who may or may not turn out to be as good as Toby and Rose are now. I know they've both said and done things which have made it hard for them to come back from but people have said far worse at other clubs and have ended up staying. If we sell one of them or both and end up with no one in return than that would be worrying.

I'd rather we keep Rose and Toby tbh rather than sign 19 year olds who may or may not turn out to be as good as Toby and Rose are now. I know they've both said and done things which have made it hard for them to come back from but people have said far worse at other clubs and have ended up staying. If we sell one of them or both and end up with no one in return than that would be worrying.

We have not been able to bring in anyone let alone the quality of those two. If I was Levy I would swallow my pride and pay Toby based on the mess that this window has been

We have not been able to bring in anyone let alone the quality of those two. If I was Levy I would swallow my pride and pay Toby based on the mess that this window has been

The issue there will be whether or not his relationship with Poch is beyond repair

Back