• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Serious fears that he might walk out on us in relatively near future...

The way we are heading we will not be winning anything soon.

Out first IX are great and settled which is not going to help as they genuinely need competition for places.

Levy not playing ball at the moment but we shall see what happens.

I wouldn't blame Poch or any of our players to leave after this season.

Jesus, you two must be great fun to be around. You come across like Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide!! :)

Seriously, though, how do you really know that Levy isn't playing ball, Gazza? Comments about why it's hard for us in our unique position to actually find the RIGHT players to go for have been posted a million times in this thread yet you decide to blame Levy.

I'd guess that you don't have any real facts to back that up - if you do, please share!?

We haven't even kicked the season off yet we have people on here certain that Poch and all of our stars will be off by the end of it.... wow.

Scara should look at sorting a partnership deal with Prozac for this place, I reckon :)

I remember it well, 3rd in the league absolutely flying, 2 decent signings would’ve won us the league and Levy did a well a Levy

Easy to blame Levy for that. I think not remembering our manager at the time's total inability to commit might also have been a major factor. Those days the budgets were even tighter, and as such, buying mega players for a manager that might not be there in 4 months would've been ludicrous. I blame the manager for that season, all of it.

Easy to blame Levy for that. I think not remembering our manager at the time's total inability to commit might also have been a major factor. Those days the budgets were even tighter, and as such, buying mega players for a manager that might not be there in 4 months would've been ludicrous. I blame the manager for that season, all of it.

Well if you buy players for the long term then it would not happen, I agree that Redknapp was hard to buy for. I honestly think a director of football means you sign players for the long term. Sometimes you need a short term boast but like then as with now. We could have a plan and it feels to me like we dont.

Am not bothered if we dont sign anyone, think it would be brave to not sign anyone and give the youngsters a chance and if we are 11th in the league in January I would be saying the same thing. Just think we might be in a position where our manager the best manager we have had in decades is unhappy.

Didn’t Redknapp ask for Messi or something that window? (Can’t remember the exact player but it was completely unrealistic, may have been Aguero?)

That's great, however there will be an issue next summer with the likes of Verts, Dembele and Alderweireld. The first two can walk away for free and Toby can leave for 25 mill.

Try replacing those three for 25 mill with our sell to buy policy.

That’s a year away, plenty of time to renew contracts between now and then, decide it’s time to move them on or blood a few of our promising youngsters.

Hasn’t Verts renewed recently?

We’re good at this, what’s the outlay on our current squad compared to what they would all fetch on the open market.

Sliding doors moment that match - momentum may have carried the team through had we won and we certainly had our chances to

We’d have walked it had we turned that around.

Similar to the home defeat to Leicester a couple of seasons ago, had the result matched the performance they would have fallen apart and we’d have run away with it.

Just another transfer window.
As I keep saying we know sweet feck all as to any of the details.
It is illogical to think Levy will not doing his best for ‘his’ club.

Levy might be doing what he thinks is best for the club but that doesn’t mean it is.

If he doesn’t make a couple of quality signings then he’s let Poch, the club and the fans down.

I remember it well, 3rd in the league absolutely flying, 2 decent signings would’ve won us the league and Levy did a well a Levy

Yep. Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha, our great, envelope-pushing signings in the window we really needed some.

Not really applicable to the Poch thread, but it sort of summed up Levy's mindset at the end of the day - a mindset which exists, entirely unchanged, down to today. Six years on and with not a single trophy in the intervening period.

Yep. Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha, our great, envelope-pushing signings in the window we really needed some.

Not really applicable to the Poch thread, but it sort of summed up Levy's mindset at the end of the day - a mindset which exists, entirely unchanged, down to today. Six years on and with not a single trophy in the intervening period.

The one person we needed in that window was a fudging manager who kept his skirt well and truly down, his knickers pulled up and his eye on the job. Good grief, the man was telling courts willingly that his dog had a better understanding of business than he did! Sorry, between that and the absolutely disgraceful hawking for the England job, I cannot blame Levy for not giving him 50 million to spend. In fact, looking at his transfer record, we'd have been in deep, deep brick for several years!!!!! The man tried to move Bale on and turned down the likes of Suarez!

Apologies BTW, but whenever that season and specific time-frame comes up, I get PTSD mate, LOL...

The one person we needed in that window was a fudging manager who kept his skirt well and truly down, his knickers pulled up and his eye on the job. Good grief, the man was telling courts willingly that his dog had a better understanding of business than he did! Sorry, between that and the absolutely disgraceful hawking for the England job, I cannot blame Levy for not giving him 50 million to spend. In fact, looking at his transfer record, we'd have been in deep, deep brick for several years!!!!! The man tried to move Bale on and turned down the likes of Suarez!

Apologies BTW, but whenever that season and specific time-frame comes up, I get PTSD mate, LOL...

No doubting Harry did a job for us, a very good one - but the above should not be forgotten when people go on about him being a great manager for us.

Undid all his previous work

Can I ask what it is Harry did that really cost us? It’s easy to say he took his eye off the ball, but unless he was camped outside the FAs office day and night begging them to employ him instead of being at Spurs training ground I fail to see how his interest in being England manager really affected us? Just seems like an easy stick to beat him with for people who never really liked him(and there are a lot of them). If there’s actual evidence of things he did then fair enough but ive never heard of anything....

Levy might be doing what he thinks is best for the club but that doesn’t mean it is.

If he doesn’t make a couple of quality signings then he’s let Poch, the club and the fans down.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Pochettino ends up leaving partly fuelled by the lack of transfer activity. We are at our ceiling. Not sure how we can push past this point by standing still whilst all others are moving forwards.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Pochettino ends up leaving partly fuelled by the lack of transfer activity. We are at our ceiling. Not sure how we can push past this point by standing still whilst all others are moving forwards.

Not totally buying that everyone has moved forward.
Liverpool have a glaring problem in goal and they've sorted it, maybe.
But who else has made signing that will significantly improve their team?
City are so far ahead it doesn't matter who they sign.
Man u are stock piling defenders
Chelsea could lose their three best players
Arsenal need a rebuild and haven't signed anyone of note.

Not totally buying that everyone has moved forward.
Liverpool have a glaring problem in goal and they've sorted it, maybe.
But who else has made signing that will significantly improve their team?
City are so far ahead it doesn't matter who they sign.
Man u are stock piling defenders
Chelsea could lose their three best players
Arsenal need a rebuild and haven't signed anyone of note.

This is a classic case of schadenfreude, everyone's in the brick so I don't feel so bad, it is all we are really have left with...so it will have to do. ;)

Liverpool and City look good

Can I ask what it is Harry did that really cost us? It’s easy to say he took his eye off the ball, but unless he was camped outside the FAs office day and night begging them to employ him instead of being at Spurs training ground I fail to see how his interest in being England manager really affected us? Just seems like an easy stick to beat him with for people who never really liked him(and there are a lot of them). If there’s actual evidence of things he did then fair enough but ive never heard of anything....

rumours were thats exactly what he was doing! It was said he went othering at training to the point of being either disinterested, or absent elsewhere in the area while the coach’s took it!

This is a classic case of schadenfreude, everyone's in the brick so I don't feel so bad, it is all we are really have left with...so it will have to do. ;)

Liverpool and City look good

I don't think everyone is in the brick, I just don't think they are any better off than us, except city of course.
Liverpool do look good, but imo they flatter to deceive.
Three times theyve got to finals under klopp and been pumped, twice after going ahead.cann you imagine if that was us? Bottling hoodoo ridden spurs.
Liverpool in the CL this year was like England in the WC, struggled through the group, lucked out in the knock out and thumped and the first good team they played.
Ok England weren't thumped, but I'm sure you get my point

Back