• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just read those quotes again - firstly I think Levy is going to appreciate what he has with Poch as he didn’t make a power play during the season and let it potentially impact the team. He waited until it was over. That’s when you know you have a man of class.

I think the key is going to be, no more N’Koudou’s or N’Jie’s, they are going to need to be more established. Real depth so we can rotate properly. Some real top class in one or two that we bring in. Bale.

Levy has always operated on rules that enable us to be sustainable long term. The new stadium allows us to shift up a gear. Poch is applying the pressure to get as much as he can and I’m certain Levy isn’t going to let him down.

I think that this may be the most significant bit

"Maybe I'm talking too much after 10 months [of] competition," he added. "Maybe I should breathe. Don't take this in [a] negative way, this always happens at the end of the season at all clubs, the manager speaks to owners, sporting director and chief executive to analyse the season and thinking how to improve."

This! People are freaking out over this interview. Jesus, calm down. Poch will stay. :)

This! People are freaking out over this interview. Jesus, calm down. Poch will stay. :)

60/40 on the previous page! 60/40!!!

Where is he gonna go? Tuchel will be on at PSG. It’s a bloody bold strategy to assume you’re getting the Madrid job when you’d need to replace a club legend and CL winning manager...

He’s staying. He’s applying some pressure as he should be doing, because he wants this club to win. Breathe people.

In that case, Levy can f*ck off and stay f*cked off. And that's a quote.

And I also think that, for the first time in a long while, a large number of Spurs fans might agree with me on that one.

Let's see what happens. I think Levy might be a bit freer with the money in the light of this request, though - he's tight, but he's certainly not stupid, and he knows the value of what we've got here.

Owners sell or they rules. F#cking off is not an option.

1AEADC4D-52D2-46AE-8D07-90BA0141E143.png

Where is he gonna go? Tuchel will be on at PSG. It’s a bloody bold strategy to assume you’re getting the Madrid job when you’d need to replace a club legend and CL winning manager...

He’s staying. He’s applying some pressure as he should be doing, because he wants this club to win. Breathe people.

I agree
He is being sensible by saying small things publicly
To understand sensationalism ... particular with our press just look at this

Owners sell or they rules. F#cking off is not an option.

That can be made to happen. Even in English football, where fans have lost the most power relative to almost any other country in Europe.

I'm deadly serious about this - lose Poch, lose the players that will inevitably leave in the aftermath of a popular manager going because his chairman was too incorrigibly stingy and unambitious, and it will not matter how many new stadiums you build with the club's own money.

The fans will not stand for it. At least, I f*cking hope not. And that can change things - *especially* when ENIC are relying on the fans obediently shuffling into the new Superdome to maximize the value of the asset they want to sell on to someone else.

That can be made to happen. Even in English football, where fans have lost the most power relative to almost any other country in Europe.

I'm deadly serious about this - lose Poch, lose the players that will inevitably leave in the aftermath of a popular manager going because his chairman was too incorrigibly stingy and unambitious, and it will not matter how many new stadiums you build with the club's own money.

The fans will not stand for it. At least, I f*cking hope not. And that can change things - *especially* when ENIC are relying on the fans obediently shuffling into the new Superdome to maximize the value of the asset they want to sell on to someone else.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again - if we lose this manager, it’ll be the worst thing to happen to Tottenham since we were relegated in the 70s.

Time for Danny to earn that big salary.

I hope all is fine.
But the fans will sadly not have a say on spending money the club doesn’t have!
As Wenger said the stadium causes problems going forward, to what extent only a few will know at the moment.
Pochettino will want more money and Levy would love to give it to him and may do so!
If the money is not available all the kicking and screaming will count for nothing.

I hope all is fine.
As Wenger said the stadium causes problems going forward, to what extent only a few will know at the moment.
Pochettino will want more money and Levy would love to give it to him and may do so!
If the money is not available all the kicking and screaming will count for nothing.

Wenger was talking from a different era
For a start there is about £100m TV money per season
Secondly we will be getting much higher commercial revenue than they did
Thirdly we are charging the worlds highest prices

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again - if we lose this manager, it’ll be the worst thing to happen to Tottenham since we were relegated in the 70s.

Time for Danny to earn that big salary.

Danny is the chairman not a magician. He has done great job so far, he will carry on along the same lines.

I hope all is fine.

With respect to Wenger, he knows bugger all about how we’ve financed our stadium. And we have been operating like a lower half side in terms of wage budget, and are about to have a serious increase in revenue.

This should seriously be the most optimistic time in our club’s history since the early 60s. Absolutely baffled at the pessimism here. Maybe it’s because we are so close to glory and we are afraid it is going to be taken away, but we need to get that kind of DNA out of our club. That negative juju. We are consistently at Europe’s top table now. We have one of the best training grounds. One of the best stadiums. And a Chairman and a manager that have both tracked consistent improvement year over year since they joined this club, and especially since they started working together. Things are looking up, not down!!!

He doesn’t have to go anywhere immediately. He might take some time out; plenty of managers do. It’s in an all-consuming job.

Makes me laugh...why did we bother building the stadium in the first place if we couldn’t increase spending?

It took Arsenal a long time to begin to balance the books.

Fans will continue to fill stadia no matter how much they’re dumped on. We’re not struggling to shift season tickets for next year despite their price. Football fans have short memories and the club will always mean more to them than any individual. If Poch did go - and I hope he doesn’t - we’d all still be there come August.

With respect to Wenger, he knows bugger all about how we’ve financed our stadium. And we have been operating like a lower half side in terms of wage budget, and are about to have a serious increase in revenue.

This should seriously be the most optimistic time in our club’s history since the early 60s. Absolutely baffled at the pessimism here. Maybe it’s because we are so close to glory and we are afraid it is going to be taken away, but we need to get that kind of DNA out of our club. That negative juju. We are consistently at Europe’s top table now. We have one of the best training grounds. One of the best stadiums. And a Chairman and a manager that have both tracked consistent improvement year over year since they joined this club, and especially since they started working together. Things are looking up, not down!!!

I’ll be optimistic in August whoever is in charge (hopefully Poch). That’s the nature of the football fan.

He doesn’t have to go anywhere immediately. He might take some time out; plenty of managers do. It’s in an all-consuming job.

It took Arsenal a long time to begin to balance the books.

Fans will continue to fill stadia no matter how much they’re dumped on. We’re not struggling to shift season tickets for next year despite their price. Football fans have short memories and the club will always mean more to them than any individual. If Poch did go - and I hope he doesn’t - we’d all still be there come August.

If he did want the Madrid job, he needs to prove he can manage egos and go deep in Europe. He decides to sit at home now all he’s proven is he can take a top 6 club into the top 3. It’s great, and amazing for us, but it’s not the CV Madrid will look for. If he does want to prove he has those skills, there’s no better place than our club. He isn’t going anywhere.

Danny is the chairman not a magician. He has done great job so far, he will carry on along the same lines.

He doesn’t need to be a magician.

Our revenue is about to shoot up. That in itself, should give us more money to spend on wages.

He could increase it further. Currently, we spend 49% of revenue on wages. Most other clubs spend a much bigger percentage (Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool to name 3). Levy has options here and it comes down to how much risk he wants to take.

He doesn’t need to be a magician.

Our revenue is about to shoot up. That in itself, should give us more money to spend on wages.

He could increase it further. Currently, we spend 49% of revenue on wages. Most other clubs spend a much bigger percentage (Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool to name 3). Levy has options here and it comes down to how much risk he wants to take.

So at a minimum, even if he keeps it at 49%, he’s got a lot of room to give, right? If he increases that threshold he has even more to play with. He’s going to give that leeway to Poch, I’m sure of it.

Back