• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

What is it that we have done differently/better than Arsenal in regard to the new stadium where they was skint for a few years because of it, whereas according to some on here we won’t have any financial constraints?

But I am going to guess TV money means we can take out loans at more favourable rates? And that Wenger has always paid a high average wage to the squad, so the benefit in wages wasn’t to be felt as much as with us, and it was mainly transfer funds held back?

But yes I have no idea on this one.

Thank GHod for you Steff!!

Unless something has significantly changed since last week (and I have no reason the believe that is the case) then it is as that. I know he does not want to fudge around in the transfer window. We have been working on ideas since two windows ago. I would speculate that making the qualification a little harder than it could've been in the end might've added a layer of tension, as the diff between CL and non-CL interns of attraction and wages is massive. The Goons have had to massively overpay to get a couple of big names in, and they are shafted in terms of a squad. Look, if Poch turns around and says he wants Ronaldo, then obviously we are in big trouble. But people have to trust their relationship. It has got us from an under-achieving, entertaining but ultimately soft echo of glory to a crisp, solid, fit, strong over-achieving club Wirth a re-written structure, excellent facilities and one of the best new stadiums in Europe. I cannot see either man being stupid enough to throw it all away now, and once again, we will have to recognize that media will spin everything into a negative hole if they can...

Sadly the stadium will be a burden financially for how long I doubt anybody will know just yet.
Do not get me wrong I would love to magic up the money required. This is sad. People really have not learned that we cannot compete ATM with many of the top clubs.
I am just keeping my feet firmly on terra firma and expect little money available for transfers and this may lead to Pochettino moving on sadly.

It’s a mortgage but one that can be as comfortable as we want and really shouldn’t be a burden

It’s a mortgage but one that can be as comfortable as we want and really shouldn’t be a burden

Sadly I think we are all going to be disappointed!
I’m just readying myself for all eventuality.

Levy really has done a very good job.
I see no reason to not trust him ATM.
If Pochettino leaves it will be a shame but these things happen.

But I am going to guess TV money means we can take out loans at more favourable rates? And that Wenger has always paid a high average wage to the squad, so the benefit in wages wasn’t to be felt as much as with us, and it was mainly transfer funds held back?

Yeah I’m assuming because we are more stringent with wages and our consistent net spend of practically zero. But so many are adamant it will have an impact on us, I don’t know if there’s more to it....

That money is not cash it a total asset worth!

To a man worth 4 billion pounds, surely scrounging up 50m-100m shouldn't be too hard? It's 1/80th - 1/40th of his worth, for Christ's sake. I mean, it would hurt, but if someone asked me to come up with a few thousand for a cause I loved and could *also* potentially make a great deal of money on, I'd manage it. It's the same with him, and it would give us the leeway we need.

It's all academic, because Steff has calmed me down. But this 'where will the cash come from?' stuff just doesn't sit right with me. We are owned by a man who wants to make a billion pounds selling us on - putting in some money to guarantee that high sale price shouldn't be beyond him.

What is it that we have done differently/better than Arsenal in regard to the new stadium where they was skint for a few years because of it, whereas according to some on here we won’t have any financial constraints?

Couple of things (but it’s subject to how the financing works)..

They needed to sell the flats built on the old ground but they couldn’t be built until they moved. They also didn’t buy land and do enabling works as things went along like we have

They also have to hold onto a BIG pot of money as a security (£100m plus from memory)as their then owners were not that rich

They also started paying their players a lot more a lot quicker hence bentner getting £64k when he was gash

Their commercial income from sponsors wasn’t a patch on where were at now (we have better deals now than them in some cases)

TV money is about 400% higher to help fund it

Sadly I think we are all going to be disappointed!
I’m just readying myself for all eventuality.

Levy really has done a very good job.
I see no reason to not trust him ATM.
If Pochettino leaves it will be a shame but these things happen.

Ground revenue will be £100M plus

Loan would be approx £30m a season IMO including capex

We will have naming rights sold for a chunk of that

I’d honestly expect profit from the ground to be £20/30m

But we will finally have the TV money to spend which I think has been used to fund the developments to date

Ground revenue will be £100M plus

Loan would be approx £30m a season IMO including capex

We will have naming rights sold for a chunk of that

I’d honestly expect profit from the ground to be £20/30m

But we will finally have the TV money to spend which I think has been used to fund the developments to date

Hope for the best and prepare for the worse M8, that all I’m saying!

1. Built it at a time of much easier credit.
2. Funded it far more sensibly than Arsenal.

They needed to sell the flats built on the old ground but they couldn’t be built until they moved. They also didn’t buy land and do enabling works as things went along like we have

They also have to hold onto a BIG pot of money as a security (£100m plus from memory)as their then owners were not that rich

They also started paying their players a lot more a lot quicker hence bentner getting £64k when he was gash

Their commercial income from sponsors wasn’t a patch on where were at now (we have better deals now than them in some cases)

That 100M explains a lot and is interesting...why they always showed up as having cash in the bank but not spending it every year. And to @DubaiSpur ’s point, maybe a benefit to having Lewis as the owner...

And not forgetting base rates were averaging out at around 5% then.

I'm sure we can lock in at some lovely low rates once finished and the product proven.

I’m also genuinely curious as to the answer to this question.

In addition to what others have mentioned above, Arsenal where in serious need of money to finance the stadium, and therefore had to accept a rather poor Stadium naming right and shirt deal with Emirates, that lasted 10 years, with no yearly increase.
We're in a MUCH better position.

I really can't see Levy changing our policy, he doesn't take risks, and it can be just as brave to stay the course at times as it is to try something new.

And not forgetting base rates were averaging out at around 5% then.

I'm sure we can lock in at some lovely low rates once finished and the product proven.

Their first loan was at 9% ish IIRC
Just done some quick googling and it appears that even only 4 years ago they were only paying off £6M capital per season

Last edited:
OK...stepping out of my shell for a moment here...

I can tell you that since the turn of the year, Poch has had a laid down plan. Nothing he has said here is any different to what I heard, and none of THAT involved him leaving. The "departure" fear has NEVER changed, and was always going to be about one thing: will DL give Poch what he wants providing both know he can. The answer is yes. If there ever reaches a point where Levy did not want to back him, then it is done. But seriously -and logically- think through the thicket and read between the lines of what Poch has said.

It is as much a statement to all the whiners, the worriers and the brick-stirrers. He is reminding people that this "project" he has marshaled for 4 years has absolutely exceeded expectations, established a culture, established an expectation and been very, very successful. I suspect (and this bit I cannot be sure of, this is my speculation) that he is unhappy at how he was questioned in some quarters during the past month or so. I suspect he expected a bit more appreciation of what he has achieved here. He has known exactly where he wants to strengthen and build for some time, and he further wants to make a statement or two this summer in the market. That he has chosen to wait and share some of those sentiments until after the last game of the season is further testimony to the man.

I look forward to him getting what he wants and him continuing his evolving legacy with us. I wouldn't exactly say the ball is in Daniel's court right now (both know the score) but I would say that Poch is making sure people remember that he has been operating under restraints and remit for sometime to get us to where we are, with the understanding that establishing us as regular CL participants would then allow him better paid players and a couple of bigger, major talents. This is simply all he is saying and doing.

I am not worried at all.
Neither am I @thfcsteff .

2 things are happening here (and maybe a third!)

Poch is a tad frustrated. He is a victim of his own success. He made us competitive far too quickly (he rightly thinks he was just doing his job). He probably feels he is not getting the recognition he deserves, and any praise is drowned out by the stick he gets for what he hasn't done.

He's smart though, and if you strip it down you could quite rightly say that the last 3 seasons have been groundhog Day, successful in many respects but repeatedly banging our head on a glass ceiling. What Poch is thinking is 'im performing miracles' but even he can see, I can't perform 'that' miracle. 3 seasons of nearly ness have kinda proved that...he's milked it to the max, now he needs more.

Of course, a by product of 'groundhog day' is it breeds apathy and familiarity and non progression itus, not just the fans but more importantly the players. Poch fears even they may be harder to remotivate every season if the outcome is the same. He needs to switch it up and reenergise before we really start flagging.

Levy will sign up, no worries. Poch is the glue here, levy knows that. Luckily Poch is a reasonable man. He doesn't want the earth, he wants some stars, to go with the ones he's got to give it a real look of achievable. The players already here need to feel that as well.

The third (conspiracy) theory, is Poch and Levy have colluded already to trot this narrative out, to excite the fans and current squad to keep things buzzing along, when in effect not a lot will change and the typical transfer activity will persist and of course Poch will get a big bump in wages!

Back