• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Wenger was talking from a different era
For a start there is about £100m TV money per season
Secondly we will be getting much higher commercial revenue than they did
Thirdly we are charging the worlds highest prices

Sadly the stadium will be a burden financially for how long I doubt anybody will know just yet.
Do not get me wrong I would love to magic up the money required. This is sad. People really have not learned that we cannot compete ATM with many of the top clubs.
I am just keeping my feet firmly on terra firma and expect little money available for transfers and this may lead to Pochettino moving on sadly.

Fans will continue to fill stadia no matter how much they’re dumped on. We’re not struggling to shift season tickets for next year despite their price. Football fans have short memories and the club will always mean more to them than any individual. If Poch did go - and I hope he doesn’t - we’d all still be there come August.

The club will be the one hurting in this case. That's my point.

If Levy lets Poch go as it stands, he will have an exodus on his hands. There is nothing keeping our best players here except for him - with the exception of Kane, who has personal ties to the club. Alli, Eriksen, Jan, Son...*none* of them are getting paid the market rate for their efforts, and *all* of them are only here because of their faith in Poch and in the club's upward trajectory under him.

If there is an exodus, we will struggle in the new Superdome - badly. More so because no manager with half a brain will come to a club that has made it abundantly clear that their only interest is in balancing the books, come what may, for all time.

If we struggle, we will not see people come to the new Superdome. We may sell tickets, but our stadium will look like the Emirates but in blue - rows upon rows of empty seats, some with garbage bags on them, as a limp team gets d*cked every weekend.

If people do not come to the new Superdome and fractiousness reigns, it will be difficult for ENIC to achieve their ultimate (and really, only) aim - which is to sell the club for the maximum profit they can feasibly extract.

Thus, it's not about one man. It's about what him leaving would do to the *club*. And if ENIC are unaware of this to the extent that they're willing to let a man go over a reasonable request, they will assuredly realize it when it hits them with full force post-Poch.

And good f*cking riddance when it does.

Sadly the stadium will be a burden financially for how long I doubt anybody will know just yet.
Do not get me wrong I would love to magic up the money required. This is sad. People really have not learned that we cannot compete ATM with many of the top clubs.
I am just keeping my feet firmly on terra firma and expect little money available for transfers and this may lead to Pochettino moving on sadly.
Why will it be a ‘burden’? If it was going to be a ‘burden’ then why on earth would we have chosen to build it? All you need to do is consider the Extra revenue minus the interest costs on the debt.

He doesn’t need to be a magician.

Our revenue is about to shoot up. That in itself, should give us more money to spend on wages.

He could increase it further. Currently, we spend 49% of revenue on wages. Most other clubs spend a much bigger percentage (Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool to name 3). Levy has options here and it comes down to how much risk he wants to take.

How much is it about to “shoot up”?
I do not know, is that going to translate into X amount of transfer money?

I hope all is fine.
But the fans will sadly not have a say on spending money the club doesn’t have!
As Wenger said the stadium causes problems going forward, to what extent only a few will know at the moment.
Pochettino will want more money and Levy would love to give it to him and may do so!
If the money is not available all the kicking and screaming will count for nothing.

The money is always there - has always been there. There is a man worth 4 *billion* pounds lounging on a deck chair in a super-yacht anchored in the Bahamas who has owned us for a decade and a half.

Whether it's available or not only depends on how committed Levy is to keeping Poch here, and to making his boss understand that he will struggle to earn much trying to sell a club plummeting down the table after losing its best manager in the Premier League era and selling its best players because of unbelievably short-sighted tightness.

Seriously, good riddance to them if they let Poch go after this - Levy needs to, *has to* be firm on the point and give Poch what he's asking for.

So at a minimum, even if he keeps it at 49%, he’s got a lot of room to give, right? If he increases that threshold he has even more to play with. He’s going to give that leeway to Poch, I’m sure of it.

Keeping the percentage at 49% will allow us to stand still from what I can see by giving Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Jan, Dier etc. close to the market rate and the other players their cut.

Upping the percentage, and giving a decent transfer budget pushes us to the next level.

I think Levy, being risk averse, would lean towards the former whereas Poch wants the latter. Let’s see how it plays out and what the consequences of that are.

OK...stepping out of my shell for a moment here...

I can tell you that since the turn of the year, Poch has had a laid down plan. Nothing he has said here is any different to what I heard, and none of THAT involved him leaving. The "departure" fear has NEVER changed, and was always going to be about one thing: will DL give Poch what he wants providing both know he can. The answer is yes. If there ever reaches a point where Levy did not want to back him, then it is done. But seriously -and logically- think through the thicket and read between the lines of what Poch has said.

It is as much a statement to all the whiners, the worriers and the brick-stirrers. He is reminding people that this "project" he has marshaled for 4 years has absolutely exceeded expectations, established a culture, established an expectation and been very, very successful. I suspect (and this bit I cannot be sure of, this is my speculation) that he is unhappy at how he was questioned in some quarters during the past month or so. I suspect he expected a bit more appreciation of what he has achieved here. He has known exactly where he wants to strengthen and build for some time, and he further wants to make a statement or two this summer in the market. That he has chosen to wait and share some of those sentiments until after the last game of the season is further testimony to the man.

I look forward to him getting what he wants and him continuing his evolving legacy with us. I wouldn't exactly say the ball is in Daniel's court right now (both know the score) but I would say that Poch is making sure people remember that he has been operating under restraints and remit for sometime to get us to where we are, with the understanding that establishing us as regular CL participants would then allow him better paid players and a couple of bigger, major talents. This is simply all he is saying and doing.

I am not worried at all.

Extra revenue next season I would guess between £50m and £80m. Cost of servicing debt = £8m to £12m.

Spurs will probably have the biggest percentage revenue increase of all (non promoted) PL Clubs next season.

Fingers crossed you are right.
I’ll be a little more circumspect.

The club will be the one hurting in this case. That's my point.

If Levy lets Poch go as it stands, he will have an exodus on his hands. There is nothing keeping our best players here except for him - with the exception of Kane, who has personal ties to the club. Alli, Eriksen, Jan, Son...*none* of them are getting paid the market rate for their efforts, and *all* of them are only here because of their faith in Poch and in the club's upward trajectory under him.

If there is an exodus, we will struggle in the new Superdome - badly. More so because no manager with half a brain will come to a club that has made it abundantly clear that their only interest is in balancing the books, come what may, for all time.

If we struggle, we will not see people come to the new Superdome. We may sell tickets, but our stadium will look like the Emirates but in blue - rows upon rows of empty seats, some with garbage bags on them, as a limp team gets d*cked every weekend.

If people do not come to the new Superdome and fractiousness reigns, it will be difficult for ENIC to achieve their ultimate (and really, only) aim - which is to sell the club for the maximum profit they can feasibly extract.

Thus, it's not about one man. It's about what him leaving would do to the *club*. And if ENIC are unaware of this to the extent that they're willing to let a man go over a reasonable request, they will assuredly realize it when it hits them with full force post-Poch.

And good f*cking riddance when it does.

Breathe. Step back from the rabbit hole my friend. Think of that wonderful winner today...

Keeping the percentage at 49% will allow us to stand still from what I can see by giving Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Jan, Dier etc. close to the market rate and the other players their cut.

Upping the percentage, and giving a decent transfer budget pushes us to the next level.

I think Levy, being risk averse, would lean towards the former whereas Poch wants the latter. Let’s see how it plays out and what the consequences of that are.

Can someone who has access to the latest current revenue and projections do the sums? I’m sure that the new stadium at a minimum allows us to start paying our players what they are worth with higher basics. I’ve never really thought of the new stadium putting us in a new league with regards to a transfer budget, but I think wages is the real game changer for us. We can start to pay top quality players higher basics, which means they will be happier to accept being rotated and as such we can have a deeper squad full of experience as well as keeping our best players for longer.

I’ve never been sure how Levy decides what the transfer budget should be considering costs are spread over years, but wages seems like something a lot easier to discuss and predict.

OK...stepping out of my shell for a moment here...

I can tell you that since the turn of the year, Poch has had a laid down plan. Nothing he has said here is any different to what I heard, and none of THAT involved him leaving. The "departure" fear has NEVER changed, and was always going to be about one thing: will DL give Poch what he wants providing both know he can. The answer is yes. If there ever reaches a point where Levy did not want to back him, then it is done. But seriously -and logically- think through the thicket and read between the lines of what Poch has said.

It is as much a statement to all the whiners, the worriers and the brick-stirrers. He is reminding people that this "project" he has marshaled for 4 years has absolutely exceeded expectations, established a culture, established an expectation and been very, very successful. I suspect (and this bit I cannot be sure of, this is my speculation) that he is unhappy at how he was questioned in some quarters during the past month or so. I suspect he expected a bit more appreciation of what he has achieved here. He has known exactly where he wants to strengthen and build for some time, and he further wants to make a statement or two this summer in the market. That he has chosen to wait and share some of those sentiments until after the last game of the season is further testimony to the man.

I look forward to him getting what he wants and him continuing his evolving legacy with us. I wouldn't exactly say the ball is in Daniel's court right now (both know the score) but I would say that Poch is making sure people remember that he has been operating under restraints and remit for sometime to get us to where we are, with the understanding that establishing us as regular CL participants would then allow him better paid players and a couple of bigger, major talents. This is simply all he is saying and doing.

I am not worried at all.

Thank GHod for you Steff!!

The money is always there - has always been there. There is a man worth 4 *billion* pounds lounging on a deck chair in a super-yacht anchored in the Bahamas who has owned us for a decade and a half.

Whether it's available or not only depends on how committed Levy is to keeping Poch here, and to making his boss understand that he will struggle to earn much trying to sell a club plummeting down the table after losing its best manager in the Premier League era and selling its best players because of unbelievably short-sighted tightness.

Seriously, good riddance to them if they let Poch go after this - Levy needs to, *has to* be firm on the point and give Poch what he's asking for.
That money is not cash it a total asset worth!

What is it that we have done differently/better than Arsenal in regard to the new stadium where they was skint for a few years because of it, whereas according to some on here we won’t have any financial constraints?

Back