• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

People don't have to agree with your criticism of him - valid point from Rob imo, our movement in the final third was poor on Saturday and we didn't give Winks (or any other player in the ball in deeper positions) much to pick out
The point was that the game didn't suit him. He's not the type (yet) that finds that genius pass on a regular basis, or shakes off a couple of defenders like Dembele. That's not the same as saying he's not good enough. It got better when Dembele came on, and I think Dembele works better in those kind of games. But of course no one knew that we would go behind after 5 minutes, so I have no issues with Winks starting the game. But Moussa should have come on at half time.

Or perhaps our movement wasn’t good enough to give him options. We were uncharacterically lethargic. Winks has a fine range of long and short passing normally.

The movement was there.

Both full backs spent most the game unmarked on the touch line an the was way too slow in getting to them.

Alli/Kane made runs that got ignored as well

It wasn’t just Winks of course.

Poch is not above any criticism whatsoever, but I do find some of the negative points here baffling at times. It seems like context is completely lost when delivering that criticism.

We are still finding our way at Wembley and it's not exactly easy to play against teams who do park the bus. Let alone teams that are auditioning for any new manager. Yes we looked ponderous at times, and I think we do miss a player that can produce a different sort of magic to a Kane, Eriksen or Alli i.e. someone that can dribble past people, commit them and create space, but we don't have that player. Question why. Well we were in for Sane, but the fact is that we didn't get it done. Is that Poch's fault or just circumstance that we cannot (or are unwilling) to compete on wages. We don't have a de Bruyne, or a Salah or a Hazard, and to tell you the truth, there are not many out there at all, let alone in our price range.

We have the same amount of points as compared to last season at this stage. That's quite impressive given we are playing in a new stadium that is not home, and have been outspent again in the transfer market. However, we have done considerably better in the champions league compared to last season. Injuries have affected us with Rose not being available (as well as having his funny turn) as well as Dembele (who regularly commits and creates space) and Wanyama who gives our wingbacks more confidence to push up further. Dele has not been his usual self, neither has Toby or Dier. Poch is playing the cards that he has been dealt, and to be fair with him I think that on the whole he is doing so admirably and with great skill.

It's all very well saying that he needs to rotate the squad more, but if you critically look at who has won the league in the past seasons, it tends to be those teams that rotate the least! We do need more invention, but we also need our players to step up and take responsibility. Leadership and drive is what we are missing, which is not surprising given the relative experience of our team. Someone to demand that everyone ups their game. I think Dele, Harry and Eriksen are those people in our team, but they are not quite there yet.

Having read Poch's book, I have to say that one thing I do know; whatever criticism is dealt to him on this board, he will have asked himself those same questions and will make the necessary changes needed. He will have definitely made the call for the right reasons and of course there will be times where he will make mistakes. But we should not demand perfection. If we really do believe that we need to win the league, then people need a reality check. That's not where we are yet. We can still win it but if we do it will be a completely exceptional performance and would rival any achievement that any other team has done. We can still challenge and we can still qualify for the champions league. To have Champions league football in our new stadium will be immense and important.

Perhaps better to be honest about it rather than always sugar coating.

Can see where Pochettino is coming from, as I’ve been to all bar 2 of our fixtures at Wembley this season and it still doesn’t feel much like home; despite the best efforts of some of the more vocal fans to get a few songs going and drown out the Away section.

I see in the results comparison thread that we’re 7pts down on our corresponding Home fixtures from last season but thankfully that has been cancelled out by the improvement in Away form...

Fixture_Comparison_13.png

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/results-comparison-thread-2017-18.9231/

Said in the match thread.

Releasing the book was a mistake, you don’t realise stuff that’s gone on in the dressing room/behind closed doors.

Hopefully the drop of form and the book release are just a coincidence.

Said in the match thread.

Releasing the book was a mistake, you don’t realise stuff that’s gone on in the dressing room/behind closed doors.

Hopefully the drop of form and the book release are just a coincidence.

I have to say, when the book come out, I was quietly nervous. Don't like that stuff, but trust in Poch. I still do. But I think there might well be something to this, sadly...p.s. I did enjoy it though.

I have to say, when the book come out, I was quietly nervous. Don't like that stuff, but trust in Poch. I still do. But I think there might well be something to this, sadly...p.s. I did enjoy it though.

I’m not sure there is, but at the same time people are asking questions that didn’t need to be.

Did we need to know Dier had his head turned?

I just think if it was a player they would be gone by now.

Was a stupid thing to do.

I don’t believe the book is a major factor but it was a needless thing to do.

I can’t for the life of me understand what Poch thought he’d gain from it. The book could become an issue too if this run continues and people start looking for any reason they can find to explain it.

However, I’ve still got absolute faith in him to turn it around.

I’m not sure there is, but at the same time people are asking questions that didn’t need to be.

The players are now probably thinking there will be a volume two also

Maybe a certain trust has been broken, who knows

Setting aside this book stuff, I think this is the biggest challenge which Poch has had in his time at Spurs so far. Our form looks terrible at the moment, players looked tired, some look half-injured...Man management skills are one of his main strengths and he needs to show them now and get the team going again

Remember we also beat Madrid and Dortmund since the book, and Palace. The home games have followed a similar trend all season, including before the book. We lost tough games to Arsenal and Man United away, and this was dissapointing but on the balance of chances, unlucky.

I really hope this run is nothing to do with the book.

I thought most of the Dier stuff in the book came from Dier himself? ( as explained by Balagué,even though the book is written as if it’s a diary by Poch, in reality it’s not all from Poch, rather its made up of input from lots of contributors). The recent press interview with Dier certainly indicates that he is more than happy with Poch.

I’ve not gotten any sense that the book has been a problem. If it were, I would have expected the media to be on it like a ton of bricks.

Back