• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

he’s struggling at the minute, we’re trying the same things that have worked previously but not getting the same results, I don’t have an issue with the tactics but he does seem to play favourites and the way we’ve started some games along with the lack of pressing this season makes me think motivation of the squad isn’t what it was

Pochettino will not win the league if he doesn't improve on squad management IMHO. He motivates players and has good tactical ability but needs to manage his squad better.

Do you think that he should've rotated more yesterday? What team should he have put out and how would it change the result? Was this the problem rather than a number of key players having an off day?

he’s struggling at the minute, we’re trying the same things that have worked previously but not getting the same results, I don’t have an issue with the tactics but he does seem to play favourites and the way we’ve started some games along with the lack of pressing this season makes me think motivation of the squad isn’t what it was

Managers will get spells like that. It’s been so tight and solid for so long and now we have some new players coming through (Winks, Sanchez, Aurier), some possibily past their best (Dembele) and others maybe looking at leaving or a bigger contract (Rose, Toby, Alli).
We also have the stadium issue which, in terms of short term results, is a factor.

He needs a chance to manage that and not have people knee jerk. Everyone talks about Fergie at the start of his reign but around 04-05, they were struggling badly with Chelsea being doped, Jose coming in, Keane and Van Nistlerooy getting on, Arsenal going unbeaten, finishing 3rd or 4th and going out of the CL in the group stage. I know United fans who were writing him off at that point. Yet they came back.

Managers will get spells like that. It’s been so tight and solid for so long and now we have some new players coming through (Winks, Sanchez, Aurier), some possibily past their best (Dembele) and others maybe looking at leaving or a bigger contract (Rose, Toby, Alli).
We also have the stadium issue which, in terms of short term results, is a factor.

He needs a chance to manage that and not have people knee jerk. Everyone talks about Fergie at the start of his reign but around 04-05, they were struggling badly with Chelsea being doped, Jose coming in, Keane and Van Nistlerooy getting on, Arsenal going unbeaten, finishing 3rd or 4th and going out of the CL in the group stage. I know United fans who were writing him off at that point. Yet they came back.

I’m not writing him off, just externalising my frustrations

The most important thing Poch and scouts have to address is to find some top quality attacking players. He has done well in signing defensive players but the attacking area has left a lot to be desired

Those that say that he won't win us the league can't seem to comprehend that we currently have no real right to even ask or expect it.

He is improving our team and play every year.

Seriously some of you are deluded and don't deserve to be discussing football.

Poch wants to win the league. He has said it and he knows the restrictions compared to his rivals but still he believes he has the players to do it.

We got 86 pts last season. That on its own raises expectations and shows we are not that far off. We have some really good players.

Has a lot to be desired? We scored the most goals inn the league averaged over the last three years.

Blimey

Back up.......something on the bench that can make a difference. Don't start getting arsey when there is no need to. You know exactly what I'm saying. Ylthe failures of signings like Njie, Nkoudou, Sissoko, Janssen, Llorente plus the continued absence of Lamela means we are too heavily reliant on Kane, Eriksen and Dele. That's not healthy

Back up.......something on the bench that can make a difference. Don't start getting arsey when there is no need to. You know exactly what I'm saying. Ylthe failures of signings like Njie, Nkoudou, Sissoko, Janssen, Llorente plus the continued absence of Lamela means we are too heavily reliant on Kane, Eriksen and Dele. That's not healthy

Getting arsey is one thing and also not saying what you implied that I said ... some one any one?

Of course we could do with more as could real Barca etc ... but lamela will be back and the other players mentioned were not exactly chump change.

Which big game player would come to us to sit on the bench?

This is pointless.

That’s a fine stat.

But it hides the fact we still struggle to break down teams, once we have we score
2/3 goals.

Didn't struggle so much at the lane last year with the same/ similar team.

But I understand your point that we could do with more ... but how is that pochs fault or a time to nit pick when things don't go our way for a relatively miniscule time.

No manager will win all of their games or have the team selection right all of the time.

Poch wants to win the league. He has said it and he knows the restrictions compared to his rivals but still he believes he has the players to do it.

We got 86 pts last season. That on its own raises expectations and shows we are not that far off. We have some really good players.

Without him we wouldn't even be close

Without him we wouldn't even be close

Is anyone really saying anything different?

Actually we are doing well this season imo. It's Emirates Marketing Project who are being exceptional and are better than the rest. We are doing as well as Chels, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arse.

Getting arsey is one thing and also not saying what you implied that I said ... some one any one?

Of course we could do with more as could real Barca etc ... but lamela will be back and the other players mentioned were not exactly chump change.

Which big game player would come to us to sit on the bench?

This is pointless.

It's not pointless. Everyone can see we need a pacy creative player. This player will get enough games because Lamela it seems cannot be relied upon. Imagine if we could have signed a Mane or Salah. That's all I'm saying. Poch and the scouts have to find this type of player.

Is anyone really saying anything different?

Actually we are doing well this season imo. It's Emirates Marketing Project who are being exceptional and are better than the rest. We are doing as well as Chels, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arse.

I think it's the immediate backlash of stupid small things that fans think they know about poch and the job he has done gets this sort of "talk" start ...

But you are spot on Emirates Marketing Project exceptional

It's not pointless. Everyone can see we need a pacy creative player. This player will get enough games because Lamela it seems cannot be relied upon. Imagine if we could have signed a Mane or Salah. That's all I'm saying. Poch and the scouts have to find this type of player.

Let's assume that you are right as poch has mentioned this before in regards to the pace to the team.

However due to limited budget I believe that we may have had priorities elsewhere in the team to heavily invest in, like Sanchez.

Agreed next year provided we can keep the same team together that sort of player could make the difference, or at the very least give us options.

However should lamela come back to the first team I think he is as reliable as most out on the market.

This year we have suffered from key players like big Vic and older out. Both defensive players allow our team to fully commit in attack.

Not always a player needed as the current crop staying fit.

Anyway anything to better our team I'm all ears.

But a backlash at poch (not saying you) is a little ridiculous

Do you think that he should've rotated more yesterday? What team should he have put out and how would it change the result? Was this the problem rather than a number of key players having an off day?

Not just now but also for the last three years. Pochettino needs to utilise the second squad more so that the first team can rest more.

Back