• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Not just now but also for the last three years. Pochettino needs to utilise the second squad more so that the first team can rest more.

Whilst the win in Dortmund was fun, it wasn’t really needed was it? There was no need to play such a strong side.

Ferguson would have played the stiffs and backed the players to get the job done in the last game at home

Didn't struggle so much at the lane last year with the same/ similar team.

But I understand your point that we could do with more ... but how is that pochs fault or a time to nit pick when things don't go our way for a relatively miniscule time.

No manager will win all of their games or have the team selection right all of the time.

He has to take the blame for the approach at home games this season, we know how the lower teams will approach us and we don’t really try anything different.

That’s not me calling for a new manager, but pointing out holes in current tactics/selections that I believe need to be changed.

He’s done a good job so far, but he’s not beyond criticism when people believe it’s due.

He has to take the blame for the approach at home games this season, we know how the lower teams will approach us and we don’t really try anything different.

That’s not me calling for a new manager, but pointing out holes in current tactics/selections that I believe need to be changed.

He’s done a good job so far, but he’s not beyond criticism when people believe it’s due.

it’s funny really, we know how these teams will approach it yet we start slow and let them settle into defensive shape, yet when we played Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool at home, teams with pace that could potentially hurt us, we went for it from the off and put the game out of sight before half time

Not just now but also for the last three years. Pochettino needs to utilise the second squad more so that the first team can rest more.

What makes you think this? We finished last season brightly and there was little evidence of the first team being fatigued. I'd say a feature of Poch's time with us is that we tend to peak after New Year which again does not suggest a problem with over use of players.

it’s funny really, we know how these teams will approach it yet we start slow and let them settle into defensive shape, yet when we played Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool at home, teams with pace that could potentially hurt us, we went for it from the off and put the game out of sight before half time

It was so turgid yesterday, slow sideways football - easy to defend against.

I assume Dembele is really badly injured as he is the one player that takes a player out the game every time he gets the ball.

I assume Dembele is really badly injured as he is the one player that takes a player out the game every time he gets the ball.

we need to open the play book a bit against teams that sit deep, Eriksen, Kane, Son and Alli have all shown they can beat a player and get a shot away, we should be aggressive against such teams in the first 10, win the game, then play keep ball

the tactic of tiring the opposition into mistakes isn’t working this year, most of the late goals in our games have been in the wrong end

Winks is 'Mr Sideways'. Or should that be Master Sideways?

Dembele was like a breath of fresh air when he came on

Sidewinks.....

It’s ok having one player in the team doing that- seemed everyone was.

There was movement ahead of him - we just released the ball too slowly

Very good Sidewinks

We all love Winks, but we need more at times. I love bringing youngsters through love it!

But if it doesn't put point on the board we need options. Dembele is looking nearer my age of 64!

We can't go for top 4 without greater quality in depth. Especially when we are 'attempting' to play twice a week!

We look so leggy yesterday and what is worse, no Spurs fan was that surprised!

Last edited:
If we're playing at home against a brick team and it's davies and trippier's turn to be in the side, then it can no longer be as wing backs. It will have to be in a back 4.

When trying to break down these brick teams at home, those two are useless as wing backs. They have little pace and the opposition knows it and the two lads know it themselves by not playing high enough up the pitch (which is where we need our wing backs to be when playing at home against brick teams) cos they know they don't have the legs to get back if it breaks down. They also don't have the athleticism to beat a man or even take them on, so they both constantly cut inside. In summary they are utterly useless as wing backs at home against the brick sides in this league.

In such games with these two players, we must play a back 4 and get an extra attacker in, preferably a wide attacker with pace.

Whilst the win in Dortmund was fun, it wasn’t really needed was it? There was no need to play such a strong side.

Ferguson would have played the stiffs and backed the players to get the job done in the last game at home

Show me one example were Ferguson put out a second string side in the Champion's League when they hadn't already got top spot mathematically.

It was either put out a strong team on a tuesday and playing West Brom on a saturday or
put out a strong team on a wednesday and play stoke on a saturday and then 3 days later play league games 6 games in 22 days.

I'd rather the rest before Christmas rather than playing 11 games in 39 days without one.

If we're playing at home against a brick team and it's davies and trippier's turn to be in the side, then it can no longer be as wing backs. It will have to be in a back 4.

When trying to break down these brick teams at home, those two are useless as wing backs. They have little pace and the opposition knows it and the two lads know it themselves by not playing high enough up the pitch (which is where we need our wing backs to be when playing at home against brick teams) cos they know they don't have the legs to get back if it breaks down. They also don't have the athleticism to beat a man or even take them on, so they both constantly cut inside. In summary they are utterly useless as wing backs at home against the brick sides in this league.

In such games with these two players, we must play a back 4 and get an extra attacker in, preferably a wide attacker with pace.
agree

Pace is the best weapon against bus Parker’s and city have shown tha today

Show me one example were Ferguson put out a second string side in the Champion's League when they hadn't already got top spot mathematically.

It was either put out a strong team on a tuesday and playing West Brom on a saturday or
put out a strong team on a wednesday and play stoke on a saturday and then 3 days later play league games 6 games in 22 days.

I'd rather the rest before Christmas rather than playing 11 games in 39 days without one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8994314.stm

There you go.

No Berba/Scholes/Giggs

Gibson starting

Poch is the bet manager we have had here since Burky and i love the way that he is building our team. There are so many fans in todays game that think Poch needs to improve his tactics and is doing things wrong at time, football manager and the likes have turned a lot of fans into experts.

We are competing with money doped teams and are doing it the only way we can ( for now), questioning the best manager we have had for years seems to be naive at best.

Poch is the bet manager we have had here since Burky and i love the way that he is building our team. There are so many fans in todays game that think Poch needs to improve his tactics and is doing things wrong at time, football manager and the likes have turned a lot of fans into experts.

We are competing with money doped teams and are doing it the only way we can ( for now), questioning the best manager we have had for years seems to be naive at best.
It is certainly a challenge, especially on a weekend when L'Arse luck an injury time pen and Emirates Marketing Project win with a lucky rebound, to maintain perspective of where we are and where we SHOULD be. Poch is undoubtedly as you describe him as our best manager since Burky (and a few of us old 'uns remember how he transformed us from relegation to that cup-winning, swashbuckling side on the early 80's).

He is also still learning, along with the young squad, and there will be slumps like our last four league games. The worry that sneaks up on me is what we do if some of our more important players are tempted away like Walker for money and the chance to win trophies now.

But I have no doubt that these recent set backs will motivate much thinking at Hotspur Way as to how to eradicate mistakes and develop.

What annoyed me was that we would eventually work the ball into Alli or Son and they would dribble their way backwards and pass it back to Winks or Vertonghen, and actually look as though they had achieved something. Then those guys would pass it back and forth and 10 passes later we get it into Alli or Son and they dribble backwards and manage to get it back to the defence and we start again... so pointless and frustrating. This was not really probing for spaces and trying to catch out WBA and find a hole, it was too ponderous. We needed Alli and Son to really dart and dribble and win a penalty or get a lucky deflection... to do that we had to get them the ball quickly, not once 3 men were marking them.

Winks is 'Mr Sideways'. Or should that be Master Sideways?

Dembele was like a breath of fresh air when he came on
There where moments when I thought Scotty Parker was playing. He's tidy and all that, but in games like that, he's not creative or adventurous enough. He goes for the very safest option too often.

There where moments when I thought Scotty Parker was playing. He's tidy and all that, but in games like that, he's not creative or adventurous enough. He goes for the very safest option too often.
Or perhaps our movement wasn’t good enough to give him options. We were uncharacterically lethargic. Winks has a fine range of long and short passing normally.

Back