• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I dont think it is at all.

I think its a nonsense distraction people are applying far more meaning too than they should.

IE - "any"
No because these concerns were made at the time of the book coming out, not just now and the results since havent done anything to suggest this was in anyway helpful. Poch revealing about cosy conversations between Dier and Mourinho etc, what gain is there in announcing this to the world? Low and behold Dier's form has been to be polite poor. But we was told by some on here its fine, Poch is the most intelligent psychological expert in the world who can do no wrong and its all part of his masterplan and behind closed doors he is doing the complete opposite to the things he reveals in his book.....

Correlation is not the same as causation.

This is classic 2+2=5 stuff. As happens in a forum like this, people get a bit too caught up in minor things.

You think the players werent completely aware of the book?
You think they sit stewing over it instead of focusing on the season at hand?
You think its got anything to do with anything? Really?

come on...

Correlation is not the same as causation.

This is classic 2+2=5 stuff. As happens in a forum like this, people get a bit too caught up in minor things.

You think the players werent completely aware of the book?
You think they sit stewing over it instead of focusing on the season at hand?
You think its got anything to do with anything? Really?

come on...

I doubt most of them read books

And hell some of them were quoted in it

Many of the players (including Dier) were interviewed for the book. And even though written in a Poch-diary style, much of the content, according to the author, came from those being interviewed. It was then, stylistically, presented as if it were said by Poch.

I just think that if there was any truth in the book being the cause (or one of the causes) of our drop-off in form (such that it is) then we would have heard more about it. There would have been rumours of discontent in the camp linked to the book and unless I've missed something, that doesn't seem to be the case.
The article linked above says nothing of the sort either. Just "Poch published a book". " Spurs have dropped points". There's an implication, but based on nothing even speculative, never mind factual.

No because these concerns were made at the time of the book coming out, not just now and the results since havent done anything to suggest this was in anyway helpful. Poch revealing about cosy conversations between Dier and Mourinho etc, what gain is there in announcing this to the world? Low and behold Dier's form has been to be polite poor. But we was told by some on here its fine, Poch is the most intelligent psychological expert in the world who can do no wrong and its all part of his masterplan and behind closed doors he is doing the complete opposite to the things he reveals in his book.....
String Poch up pronto. That book has also caused huge fissures in the foundations of the new stadium and has delayed completion until 2022. AND it directly lead to Brexit. And Arsenal’s resurgence.

String Poch up pronto. That book has also caused huge fissures in the foundations of the new stadium and has delayed completion until 2022. AND it directly lead to Brexit. And Arsenal’s resurgence.
What an odd over reaction. I said it’s right to question doing it, some people get so over sensitive about criticising Poch it’s hilarious.You can speculate about the negatives releasing that book has done - you sure as hell cant find any positives from it....

What an odd over reaction. I said it’s right to question doing it, some people get so over sensitive about criticising Poch it’s hilarious.You can speculate about the negatives releasing that book has done - you sure as hell cant find any positives from it....
I just think that attributing the coincidence of a run of poor results on the book is crazy. And there have been plenty of positives (which you may well refute) - people glowing about how stable our club is, how strong our project is, how much potential there is, how committed to the club that Poch is. But hey, if you want to suggest that since publication the book has caused the players to lose focus and knock the wheels off, carry on...

I just think that attributing the coincidence of a run of poor results on the book is crazy. And there have been plenty of positives (which you may well refute) - people glowing about how stable our club is, how strong our project is, how much potential there is, how committed to the club that Poch is. But hey, if you want to suggest that since publication the book has caused the players to lose focus and knock the wheels off, carry on...
As I said these question marks were raised at the time the book was released, this isn’t something being raised just because we’ve gone on a bad run. I’m not even attributing the form down to it, but I’m saying it’s a legitimate point to be raised.....

As I said these question marks were raised at the time the book was released, this isn’t something being raised just because we’ve gone on a bad run. I’m not even attributing the form down to it, but I’m saying it’s a legitimate point to be raised.....
Not to get all spiritual, but everything can/does effect everything else.

I have to say I find the book a bit weird and out of character for pochettino, but judging only from the excerpts I've read admittedly. I just don't see the point of doing it, as these types of books always generate a lot of negative press. Even more surprised to see levy involved as well. Having said that, I find it hard to believe that the book has had any impact on our team's mentality at all. We've lost a few matches and struggle to break down buses at home - and we've been unlucky in our last two matches. Nothing to cry about.

On the book thing, it's interesting to read Jonathan Wilson's latest article on the Guardian. Somewhat ironically (given that he praised us to the hilt against Arsenal 2 weeks ago) he says that some people may say the threat from Tottenham to Arsenal could be over-stated, particularly if it transpires that Pochettino has followed the Hoddle and O'Leary acts of 'self immolation by diary'.

As much as this poor run of form should be a coincidence (the fact that we have still won our CL group, the fact that we have a bunch of injuries to key players and other key players are mentally drained), it probably does need to be said that literally no good has come from a book being released while a person is still in the post he is talking about. As people have said, it will never be proven that it is the cause of problems, but there is absolutely nothing to say it can do any good at all.

Poch is a proud man, and a principled man. Maybe he expects players to be concentrated on the game, and expects them to be honest, and thinks if the book is honest, it should not cause any problems. He probably went through with it because the very principles that cause him to be so good at reading people and being a leader, are the same that allowed him to think this wouldn't be an issue. But maybe it is. We'll never know. And it really should be a coincidence that this bad run has happened now. But we'll see.

Back