• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Time to do some changes for the next game. Want to see a more positive side with more attacking players.
Switch Davies for Rose, better going forward as well as defending.
Dier has been ok, but is never going to be a midfielder, replace with Alli who seem like the real deal.
Give Bentlaleb the chance even if he has not been great the first two games, still have high hopes for him.
Throw Njie in, we seriously need some speed.

Lloris
Walker - Toby - Vert - Rose
Alli - Bentaleb
Njie - Eriksen if fit else Dembele - Chadli
Kane

I'm behind Poch,but I'm still waiting for this amazing all singing all dancing system to come to fruition that was justifiable for getting rid of Sherwood, someone who had us playing better football and more productive points wise. Can't just blame the squad of players either, because I guarantee if Redknapp came here and took over this team tomorrow he would get us playing better than this instantly....

This team/squad is country mile from challenging for the top 4. And after Everton we'll be more than 10% of the way through the season. If you're not a quality enough squad, you need something extra like the pressing game or flair/speed/counter attack. We just don't have any of those things at the moment. Very disappointing so far. We need some steel in midfield and some spark in attack.

i think for the Everton game id like to see

.........................Lloris
Trippier..Alderweireld..Vertonghen..Rose
.................Mason.....Bentaleb
.........................Alli
..........Njie....................Pritchard
........................Kane

its not going to happen, but i would just completely shake things up in attack

This team/squad is country mile from challenging for the top 4. And after Everton we'll be more than 10% of the way through the season. If you're not a quality enough squad, you need something extra like the pressing game or flair/speed/counter attack. We just don't have any of those things at the moment. Very disappointing so far. We need some steel in midfield and some spark in attack.

Nobody is asking for top 4, just to actually get the job done against mid tier PL opposition.

i think for the Everton game id like to see

.........................Lloris
Trippier..Alderweireld..Vertonghen..Rose
.................Mason.....Bentaleb
.........................Alli
..........Njie....................Pritchard
........................Kane

its not going to happen, but i would just completely shake things up in attack

A lof of that I agree with - the three who play behind Kane are for me the core of our problem. Lamela shouldnt be in the team and I dont particualrly rate Chaldi (though he does pop up with a few goals). Really want Pritchard in the team as he'd give us some drive and desire in that '3'

[QUOTE="harr1984, post: 727739, member: 409 Can't just blame the squad of players either, because I guarantee if Redknapp came here and took over this team tomorrow he would get us playing better than this instantly....[/QUOTE]

Hmm shall we pop along to QPR and see how that worked out for them?

[QUOTE="harr1984, post: 727739, member: 409 Can't just blame the squad of players either, because I guarantee if Redknapp came here and took over this team tomorrow he would get us playing better than this instantly....

Hmm shall we pop along to QPR and see how that worked out for them?[/QUOTE]
What relevance is that to me talking about him taking over this squad of players? In much the same fashion he took over from Ramos' squad who also had some very good players. He wasn't successful at QPR, but he has improved most clubs he's been at I'm afraid....

I'm behind Poch,but I'm still waiting for this amazing all singing all dancing system to come to fruition that was justifiable for getting rid of Sherwood, someone who had us playing better football and more productive points wise. Can't just blame the squad of players either, because I guarantee if Redknapp came here and took over this team tomorrow he would get us playing better than this instantly....

James-Franco-Drinking-Water-laughing-to-shock.gif

A motivation manager who would do the basics right would improve this squad right now (get defense to stay in position, lose the suicidal high line, quasi-pressing brick, pick the right players).

What Poch has to show is that there is some upside to what he is doing, because it seems like all we get is AVB Mk11

I agree wholeheartedly with you Raziel.

However, despite being a massive Poch critic, I'd like to give him this season and next. Really give him a chance. We've never done that. We're hardly going anywhere between now and getting the new stadium so let's see how he gets on unless relegation is a real possibility of course.

A motivation manager who would do the basics right would improve this squad right now (get defense to stay in position, lose the suicidal high line, quasi-pressing ****, pick the right players).

What Poch has to show is that there is some upside to what he is doing, because it seems like all we get is AVB Mk11

You make it sound like we've been TOTALLY brick all season. I think not; see first half vs Stoke last week.

I think he'd be helped by having an actual DCM/DCM-minded player in the middle, some pace up front and dropping lax defenders like Vertonghen

Oh anyone SERIOUSLY thinking that Harry "Spend all your money and if you go bankrupt it aint my fault" Redknapp would get better out of this squad then you are amnesic/deluded

maybe he is doing an AVB and trying to make Levy take notice of the need for better players.

That's what I thought last season... he persisted with a poor lineup and a poor selection of players in August, into September, October... many people were very confused why Kane couldn't get a look in until Christmas was on the way... was it a message to Levy, was Poch REALLY giving the senior players a super-long-run-to-prove-they-weren't-good-enough-when-it-was-bloody-obvious-for-all-to-see?

This year, same again... strange selections, giving poor players ample ample ample time to string themselves up by their own incompetence... meanwhile we're dropping points.

That's what I thought last season... he persisted with a poor lineup and a poor selection of players in August, into September, October... many people were very confused why Kane couldn't get a look in until Christmas was on the way... was it a message to Levy, was Poch REALLY giving the senior players a super-long-run-to-prove-they-weren't-good-enough-when-it-was-bloody-obvious-for-all-to-see?

This year, same again... strange selections, giving poor players ample ample ample time to string themselves up by their own incompetence... meanwhile we're dropping points.

Who do you mean here? Vertonghen?

You make it sound like we've been TOTALLY **** all season. I think not; see first half vs Stoke last week.

I think he'd be helped by having an actual DCM/DCM-minded player in the middle, some pace up front and dropping lax defenders like Vertonghen

Actually I think when we look good, we are doing what I call false domination, lots of possession, neat passing, but all in non threatening areas.

Jan had a bad day, but I wonder how many defenders Poch has to rotate through before we figure out it may not be the defenders

Actually I think when we look good, we are doing what I call false domination, lots of possession, neat passing, but all in non threatening areas.

Would you say that was the case last week vs Stoke? Would you say the good parts of that game we had (first 60 mins or so) were "false domination"?

Jan had a bad day, but I wonder how many defenders Poch has to rotate through before we figure out it may not be the defenders

You may have a point - until i realise Jan has been brick under multiple Spurs managers and in that case you ask how many CB partners, systems etc does HE have to play brick in before the spotlight turns on him?

Would you say that was the case last week vs Stoke? Would you say the good parts of that game we had (first 60 mins or so) were "false domination"?

You may have a point - until i realise Jan has been ****e under multiple Spurs managers and in that case you ask how many CB partners, systems etc does HE have to play ****e in before the spotlight turns on him?

How many real opportunities did we create against Stoke? and it was the same issue, even in the first half when dominating their player had 2 point blank chances against us.

Re Jan, sorry, its now Dawson, Kaboul (ok .. I admit he's brick), Vlad, Fazio, Dier, Jan and probably a few I've forgotten have been exposed, yet we play bottom half teams and their defense looks better, despite the fact none of their defenders would walk into our team. Read Toby's comments last week .. he's right, the system exposes them too much and at this level 1:1 usually only ends one way.

How many real opportunities did we create against Stoke? and it was the same issue, even in the first half when dominating their player had 2 point blank chances against us.

Re Jan, sorry, its now Dawson, Kaboul (ok .. I admit he's ****), Vlad, Fazio, Dier, Jan and probably a few I've forgotten have been exposed, yet we play bottom half teams and their defense looks better, despite the fact none of their defenders would walk into our team. Read Toby's comments last week .. he's right, the system exposes them too much and at this level 1:1 usually only ends one way.

I look at it as we threw away two points s Stoke (as we did today) due to defensive frailties. Would you prefer us to go more gung-ho and look to blast Stoke and leave ourselves even more vulnerable? We scored two goals in that period remember. It was our game to lose (which we did due to our defence NOT a lack of attacking intent).
Also remember that Stoke are not a pushover and have never been for us mostly. And we actually LOST the equivalent match last year.

Playing with a good DCM would help things as Poch himself wants (based on the transfer targets we've had this year) so it's not as if he doesn't want to have more protection for our defence.
When that protection isn't there then it's a case of looking at the individual defenders to see how they DEFEND and compensate. Sorry Verts has been found lacking under previous managers and yes i believe you can make a case for him being individually to blame for his poor performances. IMO he should be benched now,

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that Levy decides the tactics.
Too many similarities with AVB. When the fudge did Southampton play like us?
I jest of course but this is nothing like I expected, in terms of playing style.
I get that we have different players, but a lot of his Southampton team was about organisation and work ethic, not doing the crossbar challenge or Cruyff turns.

Watching MOTD; just the tempo of Bournemouth looks entertaining!

Back