• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Where the fudge is Njie and Proctahrd? Our bench is embracing today, embarassing. And no cobblers about Njie just joining, he's been here all week, Newcast;e had Thauvin on the bench! Fact is, we don't have the luxury of bedding these players in, we have nothing on th bench to turn this game around, NJie is that something different that could, Pricthard too. Again, he isn't injured, Poch has named him in the squads to pick from, he is fit, but nothing. Instead Onomah who has potential but preseason showed he was well out of his depth, and Carroll, bang averagege.

Last season I was excited with Poch, then I saw the way we played, and more worrying his awful awful decisions. And this season, again was excited to see HIS TEAM, but again, his decision making is so fudgeing amateur. And again, slowest build up imaginable, no creativity, and persisting with what must be the weakest midfield in the league!!!! And what do we have to bring on? No striker and just loads of midfielders, none of which are particularly attacking, creative players...

I thought i last year, it's starting disastrously, I really think we have an awful manager.

But I still think we should give him the whole season whatever happens, we need stability, but it's heartbreaking watching this team, this squad and his tactics and decision....

good try

I think the right thing to do is to see where we are after 10 league games played, like Poch has suggested.

Things are not all rosy in the garden at the moment, but there are still signings to be made and many things to work on in training.

I wont deny I am worried at the moment, I really believe 2-3 decent signings that we need would lift the mood and change our fortunes, that is a winger, striker and a centre midfielder, ideally we need to sign 2 strikers if we can shift on Ade....somehow.

I havent seen the game so I am going to be careful what I say here...I would ask that we dont write off Poch as clueless just yet, I really want us to keep a manager for a decent length of time and try and build something with what I think is a young talented squad.

We need to keep it together...improve on our weaknesses midweek and make significant signings that improve our first 11. Its hardly panic stations for me just yet, some signings made and a win next week and the outlook is completely different. We drew against a confident team who were two wins on the bounce, clearly we have much to do if we want any kind of success/progression this season.

i didnt enjoy watching Spurs last season for most of the time and im not enjoying it this season either

i understand its a changing period at the club, but all i want is to see some free flowing creative football going forward. However we are predictable, slow, lacking any ideas in attack

all our play goes down the middle, our wide attackers are tucked in and offer no width. We dont supply Kane with any quick balls

I just hope after the international break that Poch rips this up and brings in Pritchard, Alli, Njie and another forward into the starting line up

the whole thing needs freshening up. We are so predictable and the opposition teams are very comfortable in keeping us at bay

Where is the much vaunted pressing game? I'm simply not seeing it? Is it me, or is anyone else wondering where it is?

We need pace, we need new faces, and we need something to go our way.

The first can be partially addressed by playing N'Jie somewhere, the second can only be kicked up to our lord on high(tm) in the hope that he does something, and the third will come with time, I suspect.

While we're conceding stupid and unlucky goals with a CB stuffed awkwardly in at DM and a knackered Kane chasing shadows up front by himself, I don't expect miracles.

Where is the much vaunted pressing game? I'm simply not seeing it? Is it me, or is anyone else wondering where it is?

its locked away in a vault back at Southampton and they are flatly refusing to sell it to us

yeah its a complete mystery

sounds like it wasnt possible today with the weather:)

would have been like doing non-stop star-jumps for ten mins whilst being locked in a sauna.

i didnt enjoy watching Spurs last season for most of the time and im not enjoying it this season either

i understand its a changing period at the club, but all i want is to see some free flowing creative football going forward. However we are predictable, slow, lacking any ideas in attack

all our play goes down the middle, our wide attackers are tucked in and offer no width. We dont supply Kane with any quick balls

I just hope after the international break that Poch rips this up and brings in Pritchard, Alli, Njie and another forward into the starting line up

the whole thing needs freshening up. We are so predictable and the opposition teams are very comfortable in keeping us at bay

This .. that display in my opinion put Poch's job at risk ..

- when given the space/time to control the game, we play AVB style, useless, over slow possession in non threatening areas
- we remain remarkably vulnerable to mid tier players running at us
- we compress the center so much, creativity is almost impossible
- poor team selection - how the fudge to you justify starting Lamela after last week?
- poor subs again - really Dembele off? 2nd week in a row you have taken off your most effective players
- poor response - no idea how when struggling to create you leave Rose & Trippier on the bench
- poor man management - if someone can tell how Lennon wouldn't be useful as an option ...

I'm not seeing the upside here ... and I don't think its the players

sounds like it wasnt possible today with the weather:)

would have been like doing non-stop star-jumps for ten mins whilst being locked in a sauna.

But it hasn't just been missing today, it was missing most of last season and all of this so far. This was supposed to be Poch's trademark, his style of play and we have just not seen it.

- when given the space/time to control the game, we play AVB style, useless, over slow possession in non threatening areas
- poor team selection - how the fudge to you justify starting Lamela after last week?
- poor subs again - really Dembele off? 2nd week in a row you have taken off your most effective players
- poor response - no idea how when struggling to create you leave Rose & Trippier on the bench
- poor man management - if someone can tell how Lennon wouldn't be useful as an option ...

yep agree with that

the only thing saving Poch at the moment imo is that hasnt been able to bring in the attacking players he wanted early in pre season so that he had a chance to bed something down on the training field.

thats the only excuse i can afford him

we shall see

Agree with all of this. The bizarre starting selections and substitutions do make me wonder if it's Poch trying to make a point to Levy.

Will we see this team? Would it be more robust?

Walker Dier Alderweireld Rose
Bentaleb Alli
Dembele Eriksen Chadli/NJ
Kane​

To be fair Poch was missing Eriksen today. The problem is there are so many question marks and things to decide on in that team. Is Dier a DM? Who is the first choice back 4? Is Dembele a long term right sided midfielder? Does Chadli provide enough? Who will make up the first choice CM spots? Answers on a post card! So many questions, it feels like we are far from a settled team.

I still believe in Poch though some decisions are baffling me:
- what has Lamela done in his 2 years + 2 games to deserve to start?
- we rely on our full backs for width yet we hve our most attacking and best LB on the bench
- we put 4 midfielders on the bench rather than using one spot for Njie. If Ken had of got injured we would have had Chadli as our CF

The main grumble I have about the way we play is the lack of pace, which makes the Rose and Njie decisions mentioned above even worse.

My other main grumble is that the 3 which we play behind Kane has no consistency. Chadli and Eriksen get some goals but vanish for long periods, Dembele doesn't create or score (his scoring record is terrible) and Lamela needs to be put down. I want Pritchard in there so that at least we have some drive and work rate

I would also say that a win next week so 5 points from 4 games plus 2 signings before the end of the window and life might not seem quite as bad

All valid points Adam, but it is our defence that is the biggest issue. We let a lead slip last week and this, and conceded a silly goal at Old Trafford when we'd probably played better than them. 5 points lost due to bad defending/ team setup.

Defence is an issue but not the defenders. This is another reason I think porch is a bit brick. He said about us Shipping goals so bought defenders... But tripper and simmer haven't played a minute, and if dier or fazio was playing instead of alderwereld would we have let more in? No. Like was obvious to all bar poch, it's our tactics, and our midfield as to why we let in so many goals. If we didn't buy those 3 defenders and instead a midfielder winger and striker, would we have scored more? I think so. I also think we'd have conceded less, keeping the ball more, better protection, being more on the front foot etc.

Just back from the game.... My big worry is that looked an awful lot like an AVB performance, having almost all of the ball but creating so little. Having said that we still should've won the game. It was a game where a goal for either team looked likely to be the decider. We got that goal but then (yet again) didn't get ourselves set properly for the other team kicking off, absolutely criminal.

Dier is not a holding midfielder, we either to buy one or go back to the Bentaleb, Mason partnership.

Lamela doesn't deserve a place on the bench let alone in the team, for him to have looked so good in Italy can only mean that the standard of that league is appalling, I doubt he would even stand out in the Championship.

If we do not bring somebody in to help Kane up front then it won't be long before he is asking to leave, the workload we're putting on him is ridiculous and we're getting him so little support that it makes us easy to defend against.

Today we looked like we have gone backwards not forwards since last season.

Back