• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Can he not see how this would rub people up the wrong way what ever the circumstance.

Attachments

• 3FD3A98F-00B4-42EF-9981-EE3823E4D8D8.png
    3FD3A98F-00B4-42EF-9981-EE3823E4D8D8.png
    852.6 KB · Views: 24
You appear to expect a robot AND (IMO) your comments lack any reasonable context.
No not a robot, an £8million pound a year professional in charge of an elite football club!
Stop making excuses for him hes not a cuddly wuddly best mate!
He has done a great job and we should remember this but my club success is paramount!
I hope he turns it around but i won't turn a blind eye to his stupidity!

@BrainOfLevy but how do you explain the sheer inability at times to tackle cleanly in the midfield? It's almost like these new tactics means no tackles??

I honestly don’t know here. Maybe it’s a desire to shuttle the opposition into certain areas where we want to win the ball, draw them forward and then break? Maybe it’s less aggressive pressing and more composed holding of shape? Can’t say I’ve noticed it much myself and I don’t know the right answer, but this would all tie into the view that we are moving away from the pressing game that Poch built his rep on.

Ok, i'm sold!

In that case, can i ask you who do you envision starts in this new style/tactics if everyone is fit?

Also, how would you compare what you think Poch is trying to do to what Sarri's Chelsea were when at their best last season? I ask because i thought they had the most press-resistant team in the league last season when everyone was available

I think Sarri’s team went about things very differently. Methodical and slower possession. We seem to want to draw the opposition out deliberately. Maybe it’s more Ancelotti AC Milan?

Starting for me is probably:

Lloris

Aurier
Toby
Jan
Sessegnon

Winks

N’Dombele
Lo Celso

Dele - this was the hardest one.

Kane
Son

But actually I think we have a lot of options within it. Dele could play up top. Eriksen, Lo Celso and Lamela could play the point. Sissoko and Dier add to the middle. Haven’t even mentioned Lucas.

I think we’re just waiting for it to click. But there were a lot of good signs vs Leicester.

I think Sarri’s team went about things very differently. Methodical and slower possession. We seem to want to draw the opposition out deliberately. Maybe it’s more Ancelotti AC Milan?

Starting for me is probably:

Lloris

Aurier
Toby
Jan
Sessegnon

Winks

N’Dombele
Lo Celso

Dele - this was the hardest one.

Kane
Son

But actually I think we have a lot of options within it. Dele could play up top. Eriksen, Lo Celso and Lamela could play the point. Sissoko and Dier add to the middle. Haven’t even mentioned Lucas.

I think we’re just waiting for it to click. But there were a lot of good signs vs Leicester.
Would be nice to actually have some signings fit
I’ve even heard pundits comment its the same Tottenham and we haven’t strengthened...no brick. The players we have brought have bloody injuries

No not a robot, an £8million pound a year professional in charge of an elite football club!
Stop making excuses for him hes not a cuddly wuddly best mate!
He has done a great job and we should remember this but my club success is paramount!
I hope he turns it around but i won't turn a blind eye to his stupidity!

Haha, you sound so draconian! Still, when men were men eh?!!!!!!

By the way, your club’s success has been elevated so far beyond you could’ve expected a decade ago that you’ve lost all sight of perspective.

Come and go on about Poch’s “stupidty” in May will you? Let’s give it the season to see how that comment pans out...

...in fairness, this has been your most Cooganesque post for some time, and if I read it with a Coogan/Partridge voice, then it is much easier.

By the way, your club’s success has been elevated so far beyond you could’ve expected a decade ago that you’ve lost all sight of perspective.

Come and go on about Poch’s “stupidty” in May will you? Let’s give it the season to see how that comment pans out...

...in fairness, this has been your most Cooganesque post for some time, and if I read it with a Coogan/Partridge voice, then it is much easier.
Steff this isn’t aimed specifically at you but some posters have got to realise you can’t constantly defend a coach who constantly undermines the club in the media. Time and time again he is talking in a negative light about our club and yet some constantly make excuses. For ages he’s been doing it and the most embarrassing thing was people on here saying he didn’t really mean what he was saying and kindly explained what Poch really meant as if they know him personally - it really is ridiculous.

Some need to get their head out of this bubble thinking things are always light and fluffy and can never go wrong at Spurs. Because of the coach’s actions he can’t even have a go about players speaking out in the media, as their very leader is doing the same thing and maybe that’s part of the reason why he’s losing a bit of authority. I love the guy, but genuinely can’t think of another coach who has ever constantly rambled on to the media like this - plenty of other coaches have his pressures and don’t behave in such a way. Right now more than ever he needs to STFU and get his head down and focus because he’s losing a lot of support in a lot of areas, and I’m one of those still backing him....

Steff this isn’t aimed specifically at you but some posters have got to realise you can’t constantly defend a coach who constantly undermines the club in the media. Time and time again he is talking in a negative light about our club and yet some constantly make excuses. For ages he’s been doing it and the most embarrassing thing was people on here saying he didn’t really mean what he was saying and kindly explained what Poch really meant as if they know him personally - it really is ridiculous.

Some need to get their head out of this bubble thinking things are always light and fluffy and can never go wrong at Spurs. Because of the coach’s actions he can’t even have a go about players speaking out in the media, as their very leader is doing the same thing and maybe that’s part of the reason why he’s losing a bit of authority. I love the guy, but genuinely can’t think of another coach who has ever constantly rambled on to the media like this - plenty of other coaches have his pressures and don’t behave in such a way. Right now more than ever he needs to STFU and get his head down and focus because he’s losing a lot of support in a lot of areas, and I’m one of those still backing him....

Mou moaned all the time to the press

Mou moaned all the time to the press
Indeed,I’d said in a previous post he looks like he’s doing a Mourinho. All bright and good humoured at the start then his personality completely turned and look how that ended. Here’s hoping Poch doesn’t go the same way....

Can you give me specific examples of negative quotes please? I'm not disagreeing necessarily btw but want to see the direct quotes from him. Because in my slightly biased view of him I can't ever remember him being disrespectful towards the club. I have always seen him as very humble.

I truly loath what Poch did with his ’Im a coach not a manager’ diatribe, it sounded petulant!
Nothing to do with ’when men were men’ Poch was just plain stupid to air that in public!

Cooganesque - I like that :)

Last edited:

I.Have.Criticized.Poch. This.Season.

A few times. Maybe people missed it?

What I won’t do is blindly and stupidly dog-pile on this bizarre wave of “it might be time for him to go” gonad*s. As for time for him to “STFU and focus” I think that is inaccurate and demeaning.

As for “constantly undermines the club in the media” a list of quotes would be helpful.

I truly loath what Poch did with his ’Im a coach not a manager’ diatribe, it sounded petulant!
You mean show a little irritation because the same question is being asked again and again? The test for me is whether or not that response would bother people if we are doing well? Probably not even get a mention. Every single coach I know has responded sharply at some point to a question. Have you heard Guardiola? He is a big girl's blouse. It's part and parcel of the stress of management.

Indeed,I’d said in a previous post he looks like he’s doing a Mourinho. All bright and good humoured at the start then his personality completely turned and look how that ended. Here’s hoping Poch doesn’t go the same way....

But you said you couldn’t think of whither coach who moaned as much... Mou did much much more when at United and Madrid

You mean show a little irritation because the same question is being asked again and again? The test for me is whether or not that response would bother people if we are doing well? Probably not even get a mention. Every single coach I know has responded sharply at some point to a question. Have you heard Guardiola? He is a big girl's blouse. It's part and parcel of the stress of management.

No one would have blinked

we'll know soon enough.
poch is a very young coach and right from the start to imagine we'd win something with him is already quite optimistic.
For the purposes of tactical discussion i'd be very interested in people's view on what BOL posted earlier in this thread here: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino.6336/page-1049#post-1236987

Is poch hitting a wall? Or is what we are going through labour pains before the birth of a new Spurs under Poch?

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can you give me specific examples of negative quotes please? I'm not disagreeing necessarily btw but want to see the direct quotes from him. Because in my slightly biased view of him I can't ever remember him being disrespectful towards the club. I have always seen him as very humble.
He is in large humble I wont argue with that. Maybe our definitions of negative quotes differ, Im at work and too lethargic/busy to search for all his soundbites - Scrolling through this thread you could find several examples of things he has said that are negative and have caused a lot of fans to be unhappy with his words but like I say maybe you dont consider the things he say as particularly negative....

Ok, so we use clear daylight as the measure.

Soon enough there'll be a decision where the clear daylight is only one pixel wide and we'll have the same discussion about accuracy.

No matter what measure you choose, there will always be cases at the extremes that people will claim are unfair because they're smaller than the accuracy of the system.
If 30cm (or whatever) is the level of acuraccy, then someone needs to be a minimum 30cm offside, to be called offside. If you are 25cm offside you get the benefit of the doubt.
As it stands at the moment, the TV could show you as 5cm offside, when in fact you are 25cm onside. Also when VAR shows a player 30cm offside, no one is going to question it. If someone is 15cm offside, VAR doesn't show it/stop play, and everyone is none the wiser.
Showing someone as 1cm offside is complete nonsense and not in the spirit of the law.

Back