• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Coming from a kid posting an own goal to try and prove a point? :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

You should look up a few words in the dictionary before you start rambling that bull**** about support.

When did I say he had a magic wand? No coaching can help Dawson and it's whether Kaboul canbbe trusted with regards to his injury problems. We need to improve that position, it's a weak spot. I don't see how signing Mussachio can be a bad thing, if Poch, you know, the ex professional footballer, professional manager of the club you SUPPORT thinks he's good enough to come in and partner Vertonghen.

hand shaking much?

I'm happy to go with the view that Poch knows a few things about:
A. Being a CB
B. CBs in Spain whilst he was managing there
C. CBs playing in the PL

Seriously, fella?

You want us to judge him on the basis that he scored an own goal?

How many central defenders HAVEN'T ever scored an own goal?

I'm more interested in his all round play - his footballing brain; his positional sense; his ability on the ball; his aerial ability etc. I haven't the foggiest whether or not he'd be a good buy for us but my guess is that, if true, we wouldn't be paying £15m for him unless our scouts and Pochettino thought he was worth it. I'll trust their judgement until I'm given good reason to believe otherwise.

I've seen him live 3 maybe 4 times. looked very shaky, passing from the back was terrible and gave the ball away ALOT. He also showed a TERRIBLE first touch and the ball was nicked of him quite alot by strikers. Id be worried if we signed him

i REALLY don't like him.

just my opinion off course, not fact at this stage

I've seen him live 3 maybe 4 times. looked very shaky, passing from the back was terrible and gave the ball away ALOT. He also showed a TERRIBLE first touch and the ball was nicked of him quite alot by strikers. Id be worried if we signed him

i REALLY don't like him.

So what games have you supposedly watched live. I'd like to know, I can get a copy of every Villarreal game from last season so I'd be interested in knowing what you watched and see if you're telling the truth or not. Because more than likely you're not and like I said you're opinion of him is coming from the fact hes worth 15m he's from Villarreal and you've never heard of him.

i REALLY don't like him.

A necessity for being a Spurs player these days, some of the fans showing an intense dislike towards you.

he is not a good player mate

people also thought i knew nothing when i bet 100quid at the beginning of the world cup for germany to win.
they also thought i knew nothing when i said moyes wouldn't take ute to the champions league
they also said i knew nothing when i said AVB would have us playing the worst football possible
they also said i knew nothing when i said soldado would flop

Betting on Germany to win the World Cup is akin to betting on Chelsea to win the Premier League.
Predicting that Moyes would fail at Utd is akin to predicting that it will rain during the Wimbledon fortnight.
By definition, the "worst football possible" couldn't have earned us 5th place - one point off fourth.
Soldado had a bad season, like most of our team. Other players, to name but two, to have had poor starts after big transfers - Chris Waddle at Spurs and Dennis Bergkamp at Arsenal. Were they flops too?

So be honest, how much of Musacchio have you really seen? How carefully have you followed him in games? How much do you really know about his strengths and weaknesses? What do you genuinely know of his potential? What is it that you understand that Pochettino and Spurs' scouts don't? Why is it, when Poch could turn a lemon like Lovren into a £20m player for Liverpool, that he couldn't make Musacchio a top player for Spurs?

Proper answers, please. No Football Manager guff.

So what games have you supposedly watched live. I'd like to know, I can get a copy of every Villarreal game from last season so I'd be interested in knowing what you watched and see if you're telling the truth or not. Because more than likely you're not and like I said you're opinion of him is coming from the fact hes worth 15m he's from Villarreal and you've never heard of him.

you are prepared to go sit down and study 360 minutes of football matches not for your entertaining but just to see if somebody you don't know is telling the truth or not. 360 minutes? just for that? thats 6 hours by the way.

3 words spring to mind.
get
a
life

this is football forum, a place for opinions not arguments. I'm not interested

Betting on Germany to win the World Cup is akin to betting on Chelsea to win the Premier League.
Predicting that Moyes would fail at Utd is akin to predicting that it will rain during the Wimbledon fortnight.
By definition, the "worst football possible" couldn't have earned us 5th place - one point off fourth.
Soldado had a bad season, like most of our team. Other players, to name but two, to have had poor starts after big transfers - Chris Waddle at Spurs and Dennis Bergkamp at Arsenal. Were they flops too?

So be honest, how much of Musacchio have you really seen? How carefully have you followed him in games? How much do you really know about his strengths and weaknesses? What do you genuinely know of his potential? What is it that you understand that Pochettino and Spurs' scouts don't? Why is it, when Poch could turn a lemon like Lovren into a £20m player for Liverpool, that he couldn't make Musacchio a top player for Spurs?

Proper answers, please. No Football Manager guff.

i gave my opinion on why i don't like him above.
what i really don't like from the games I've seen is he gives away alot of throw ins and possession in general unnecessarily. He concedes possession and puts his team on the back foot when he doesn't need to by either an over ambitious pass, a reckless clearance and mostly just by a bad touch and the ball just strays away from him

A necessity for being a Spurs player these days, some of the fans showing an intense dislike towards you.

not at all. I'm not mr pessimist by any stretch. I'm just not mr oh lets look for a reason to like him just cos he plays for us
even tho if he played for somebody else i wouldn't think twice of him (ben davies, chadli, musacchio)
i ADORE eriksen, lamela, adebayor and bentaleb. I will also adore Schnederlin when he comes!

i gave my opinion on why i don't like him above.
what i really don't like from the games I've seen is he gives away alot of throw ins and possession in general unnecessarily. He concedes possession and puts his team on the back foot when he doesn't need to by either an over ambitious pass, a reckless clearance and mostly just by a bad touch and the ball just strays away from him

Hadn't seen your earlier post before posting mine. And if that's your opinion of him, fair enough.

However, I'm sure you'll concede that Poch and our scouts will have seen more of him and know more about him than you do.

you are prepared to go sit down and study 360 minutes of football matches not for your entertaining but just to see if somebody you don't know is telling the truth or not. 360 minutes? just for that? thats 6 hours by the way.

3 words spring to mind.
get
a
life

this is football forum, a place for opinions not arguments. I'm not interested

so you didnt watch him at all then. Thought not.

I haven't watched him. Stats say he makes more blocks and clearances than Vlad(possibly due to having to defend more) whilst Vlad wins every other category, including aerial duels %. Why must we buy players, see faults, ship them out and find another? Can we not persist with one for a little while before discarding them? I'm shocked if it's true that Vlad isn't even being considered by Poch, hopefully it's just vicious rumours at this point.

I haven't watched him. Stats say he makes more blocks and clearances than Vlad(possibly due to having to defend more) whilst Vlad wins every other category, including aerial duels %. Why must we buy players, see faults, ship them out and find another? Can we not persist with one for a little while before discarding them? I'm shocked if it's true that Vlad isn't even being considered by Poch, hopefully it's just vicious rumours at this point.

i think Poch is willing to give him an oppertunity.

Chiriches as backup to Vert. Kaboul as backup to Musacchio.

Hadn't seen your earlier post before posting mine. And if that's your opinion of him, fair enough.

However, I'm sure you'll concede that Poch and our scouts will have seen more of him and know more about him than you do.

like i said. i want to be wrong. why wouldn't i want him to be the greatest defender ever? but from the games I've seen thats what I've picked up. for all i know they are the only bad games he's ever had and he's actually the best defender since stuart nethercott.

in all seriousness do you not concede that managers can make mistakes? for all kinds of reasons? is it not conceivable that he's a panic buy? panic buys do exist, they are not myths. is it not possible that this is Pochs first big job and he may be getting a bit nervous that every team above him has done good business and feels the need to buy somebody before the season starts? just because theres millions of pounds involved it doesn't mean its done with any sense. remember Man Ud sanctioning david moyes to waste 27million on Fellaini?

is it not possible that if we buy Musacchio its a result of no other targets becoming available and he is a last resort as opposed to some highly precise and shrewd scouting.

Last edited:
and the point went over your head. move along you muppet

gotta be honest Veron23, i would quite like to know which games also so i could try and see some examples of his weaknesses

as we know most players can be made to look like muppets or superstars on youtube vids and you have clearly seen something more substantial, so i would like to share in that

gotta be honest Veron23, i would quite like to know which games also so i could try and see some examples of his weaknesses

as we know most players can be made to look like muppets or superstars on youtube vids and you have clearly seen something more substantial, so i would like to share in that

i just said I've watched about 4 live games where he played and thats what my opinion is based on

Back