• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

It is, that's been taken wildly off topic.

This is on topic, we have someone saying he's awful, but when pressed so others can make up their mind, we're met with abuse/vitriol, not actual matches.

you haven't been paying attention. I've given clear FOOTBALLING reasons in about 5 different boxes

It seems he is highly rated. The odd blooper. But young. Not the tallest. Lots of interceptions. Very few yellow cards. Means he reads the game well and doesn't dive in. Probably decent positionally. Also he helped Villareal to 6th. I am happy to trust Pochetinno on this one. If we need to spend big on the right CB then so be it. And there isn't a load of quality players in this position up for grabs.

dives in way too much.

Veron the problem is that you seem convinced he is awful. I think if you had said you remember seeing him a few times and he didn't impress you then none of this reaction would have occurred. You are insisting your unqualified opinion is gospel. Not cool.

La Liga games on Sky almost always involve one of Real Madrid or Barcelona. And if not, then they will involve a team challenging for the top 4 in La Liga. So the chances are that you will have seen Villareal games against Barca, Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid.

If you had been in Spain, tuning into Premier League games, the chances are that you would have watched Spurs against Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Chelsea. You wouldn't have had a very good impression of Spurs defenders either.

ive conceded to that fact already

I thought this thread had jumped up a load of posts because he'd signed. Turns out we have more in fighting again. I know next to nothing about this guy, but from just watching a single clip on the interweb (not the OG one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssN5wgvGXng), he looks like a player who can read play well and gets into the right place at the right time. Doesn't look like he has great distribution skills or blistering pace although that isn't to say he looks slow.

Personally I think he is the right type of signing for us. 24 this summer with 3-4 years of La Liga experience in a team that is effectively at the same level as ourselves. We aren't going to prise away top top defenders of Champions League quality, we have to go for the best of the next rung down or hope to blood our own (Dier).

I think ive made it clear that youre talking bull****. You may indeed have watched villarreal last season but to believe you watched and the guy was so bad he stuck out to you on all FOUR occasions is laughable. Weve only been linked this summer so I doubt youd have watched with a keen eye on him to begin with.

The fact you cant mention what games you saw proves my point. You saw us linked with a centre half youve NEVER heard or seen before, saw it was for 15m and ran with it.

my question was why would i or anybody make that up? for what gain or purpose? run with what? what would i achieve by convincing you he is a bad defender if in fact he was a great defender? you'd learn soon enough anyway wouldn't you? so in your rational what does lying about a footballer achieve?

i find it hard to understand your motivation to scrutinise an opinion about a footballer on what is in fact a football forum dedicated to peoples opinion. or have you forgotten that?

oh lordy!!!

main thing is he has a cool name! even better if he grows a moustache!!! im all for it!

As he only had 2 yellow cards they must have been good dives.

like i said in my original reservations about him. diving in looks great but concedes possession. you win the ball but it goes out for a throw in or loosely to the opposition. if you look at the times he is diving in its not needed which could then lend to the argument he is out of position alot and/or makes bad decisions.

Veron the problem is that you seem convinced he is awful. I think if you had said you remember seeing him a few times and he didn't impress you then none of this reaction would have occurred. You are insisting your unqualified opinion is gospel. Not cool.

again. read in full and you will find i have conceded on MANY occasions this is just my opinion and i could very well be wrong. i can say it one more time if you wish.

Veron, everyone here wants a discussion. You've seen him more than we have. We understand that you have an OPINION (which may be right, or may be wrong).

BUT

To help us form our own opinions, and debate/discuss with you, we'd like to see the same stuff.

It would lead to good discussion.

You said you saw him in 4 lives games.

Please tell us which ones.

Please :/

Veron, everyone here wants a discussion. You've seen him more than we have. We understand that you have an OPINION (which may be right, or may be wrong).

BUT

To help us form our own opinions, and debate/discuss with you, we'd like to see the same stuff.

It would lead to good discussion.

You said you saw him in 4 lives games.

Please tell us which ones.

Please :/

I guess he's finding it difficult to find what Villarreal games were live on Sky last year.

I guess he's finding it difficult to find what Villarreal games were live on Sky last year.

Play nice! He may well be telling the truth, just as much as he may not.
You watch a lot of Roma, and other teams.
I watch a lot of European football too.
Veron23 could do, just as easily as we do.

Let's try and be civil :p

Play nice! He may well be telling the truth, just as much as he may not.
You watch a lot of Roma, and other teams.
I watch a lot of European football too.
Veron23 could do, just as easily as we do.

Let's try and be civil :p

I watch Roma as I support them. I watch Serie A more than Premier League. I have seen Villarreal play last year, dos Santos scored in those I had seenn and Musacchio never stood out. I wasn't specifically looking out for him though, so my opinion of him would be the same as those who havent seen him. So if he signs ill be excited at the fact we signed a player our manager trusts for 15m.

nice try. ignoring my response or?

i saw games v barca and madrid off course. and by the way i don't just watch sky, that comment was just in case you didn't realise people don't just watch epl. I didn't respond to you personally but as others have asked politely and objectively... i also saw him against volcano and I'm pretty sure against sociedad.

on youtube highlights welcome to spurs it shows him making a tackle against barca and the scene skips to another team etc. if you watch that game live you will see he goes on to simply dribble and run with no pressing and somehow just keeps running until he runs off the pitch.

feel free to answer my question now. in your twisted mind why would somebody make up a fact about a footballer not being so good?

if you care to see my comments regarding eric dier or whatever his name is, you would read me asking who the hell the guy is

I know next to nothing about this guy, but from just watching a single clip on the interweb (not the OG one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssN5wgvGXng), he looks like a player who can read play well and gets into the right place at the right time. Doesn't look like he has great distribution skills or blistering pace although that isn't to say he looks slow.

Personally I think he is the right type of signing for us. 24 this summer with 3-4 years of La Liga experience in a team that is effectively at the same level as ourselves. We aren't going to prise away top top defenders of Champions League quality, we have to go for the best of the next rung down or hope to blood our own (Dier).

I know as much as you do about this chap but agree with your thoughts. Poch must know him well so trust the boss. This dude + Verts + kaboooom + vlad and dier is about what we need at CB for 4 competitions next year. Sign him up DL!!!!

I watch Roma as I support them. I watch Serie A more than Premier League. I have seen Villarreal play last year, dos Santos scored in those I had seenn and Musacchio never stood out. I wasn't specifically looking out for him though, so my opinion of him would be the same as those who havent seen him. So if he signs ill be excited at the fact we signed a player our manager trusts for 15m.

what is your view on pjanic? serious question

Back