• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

I think I'd trust Poch when it comes to Argentinian Centre Backs.

Going by his work at Sothampton, and them signing big and strong Lovren while he was there, I think he's well aware of the need for aerial power at centre back.

I would have said that Chiriches is more likely to leave than Kaboom. Maybe a quarter of Verts, Kaboul, this argie chap and Dier?

Possibly. But Kaboul's injury problems are a real worry if we want to rely on 4 centre backs in our squad. If he can all of a sudden have another season essentially without any good run of fitness we're down to 3 centre backs.

It might be that Poch, Baldini and the medical team feel that they can trust Kaboul to be reasonably fit this season, but for me at least if he's one of our centre back options I think we need 5 rather than 4 senior centre backs. Signing a young player like Dier might make sense in a situation like that.

Kaboul
Musacchio
Vertonghen
Chiriches
Dier
Veljkovic

?

That to me would make sense. I don't think Veljkovic is ready to be trusted to be a starter at centre back this season in a PL game so I wouldn't really count him as an option any more than Capoue.

I would have said that Chiriches is more likely to leave than Kaboom. Maybe a quarter of Verts, Kaboul, this argie chap and Dier?

It would be odd to sell Chiriches - he was our most impressive CB last season (damning with faint praise perhaps). He's got huge potential and would be ideal to step up if Verts goes to Barca in 12 months.

Kaboul has averaged 15 games a season through his career. Not someone you can rely on.

Kaboul
Musacchio
Vertonghen
Chiriches
Dier
Veljkovic

?

You only need four senior CBs. We certainly couldn't fit six into our 25 man squad (and take up 5 of our 17 oversees quota with them). If Musacchio and Dier are capable in the air, you wouldn't see the need for keeping Kaboul.

You only need four senior CBs. We certainly couldn't fit six into our 25 man squad (and take up 5 of our 17 oversees quota with them). If Musacchio and Dier are capable in the air, you wouldn't see the need for keeping Kaboul.

Do you still only need four senior centre backs if one of the centre backs can't be relied on because he's averaged 15 games a season throughout his career?

Both Dier and Veljkovic are under 21 and so wouldn't take up any non home grown slots. Edit: For the league anyway, slightly different for Europe where he would take up a slot as I think about it.

It would be odd to sell Chiriches - he was our most impressive CB last season (damning with faint praise perhaps). He's got huge potential and would be ideal to step up if Verts goes to Barca in 12 months.

Kaboul has averaged 15 games a season through his career. Not someone you can rely on.

Four there. You wouldn't need to register Dier or Milos.

Great. Liverpool get Lovren and we end up with this clumsy idiot

5 million more wasn't worth getting a) a better player b) one with epl experience was it Levy?

Whats better levy? a 20m sure thing or a 15m gamble?

**** sake

Last edited:
Great. Liverpool get Lovren and we end up with this clumsy idiot

5 million more wasn't worth getting a) a better player b) one with epl experience was it Levy?

Whats better levy? a 20m sure thing or a 15m gamble?

**** sake

Why are you so angry? Relax.

Any signing is a gamble. Who is to say that Lovren will play well under Brenton's leadership? Perhaps he might not be as strong as he was last season. Perhaps he might turn out more performances, like the one against us, for Liverpool rather than the excellent performances that he is capable of.

Why are you so confident that this signing is an abomination? Why would Lovren signed for us ahead of Liverpool, anyway?

the same reasons all big players sign for teams they really shouldn't. such as being first, being more aggressive, having a manager he is familiar with, having potentially better prospects, luck, timing and so on and so on

it happens

id rather play in front of lloris, next to verthongehn and in front of sandro than minolet, skrtel and an ageing gerrard
but thats just me

back to the point for all i know this guy could turn out to be amazing but spending 15m on another foreign import who doesn't look that great in a slower league when a sure thing is available for 5m more doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I think that if Lovren would have wanted to sign for us, ahead of moving to Liverpool, then we would have signed him. I think it's likely that we knew that he would have preferred the move to Liverpool.

So, what's wrong with Musacchio?

For what it's worth, I think that if Lovren would have wanted to sign for us, ahead of moving to Liverpool, then we would have signed him. I think it's likely that we knew that he would have preferred the move to Liverpool.

So, what's wrong with Musacchio?

a) hes clumsy b) hes clumsy is a slower league with more time on the ball. hows he gonna do in a frantic paced league where he's constantly pressed

Id back Levy and Poch's judgement over you a young chap on a message board who plays football manager every evening

and thats your judgement on me. which as you expressed over a message board means i shouldn't pay attention to you according to YOUR OWN theory so why you even here?
not too clever are you

We'll see. If we do sign him, and he turns out to be awful, I'll acknowledge that you were right but equally if he turns out to be good, I expect you to state that you were wrong about him.

I think we will have done our scouting work on him before we make any decision to sign him. Don't forget that Poch signed Lovren in the first place, so clearly he is capable of recognising solid defenders. I have no idea who he, or Dier, really are and that's why I've asked why you don't rate him, it's interesting to gain some perspective on the player.

Id back Levy and Poch's judgement over you a young chap on a message board who plays football manager every evening

did you back Levys judgement when he sanctioned a £26 million package for Soldado?
you really shouldn't talk anymore

We'll see. If we do sign him, and he turns out to be awful, I'll acknowledge that you were right but equally if he turns out to be good, I expect you to state that you were wrong about him.

I think we will have done our scouting work on him before we make any decision to sign him. Don't forget that Poch signed Lovren in the first place, so clearly he is capable of recognising solid defenders. I have no idea who he, or Dier, really are and that's why I've asked why you don't rate him, it's interesting to gain some perspective on the player.

no problem. i hope i am wrong. I'm just questioning the rational in such a transfer

Back