• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

You can see why they sacked Koeman, but I'm not sure it was the right decision. Koeman will be laughing. Doesn't have to pick up the players and find form and gets x million pay off.

They bought really poorly over the summer. How much on Siggerson alone? Then with that many players coming in you need to give a manager 6 months to let them settle and find their way of playing together.

They should have bought players with a system in mind, not just stock up on similar ones, but with a clueless manager it would never come together. He kept picking unbalanced sides and they continued to play poorly.

They should have bought players with a system in mind, not just stock up on similar ones, but with a clueless manager it would never come together. He kept picking unbalanced sides and they continued to play poorly.

Honestly Everton are fudging deluded

- They can pretend they are big boys (their turnover has never indicated that, they are behind Saudi Sportswashing Machine & West Ham in revenue, and about 40% of Pools), spend stupid money, try to hire name managers and will just crash and burn each time.
- or buy smarter, invest in academy, make occasional smart, expensive buy and they can be best of the rest most years, aim for some progress in EL and maybe concentrate on a domestic cup run.

The idea that a one time $100M+ splash (that included a stupid amount of money for Siggy) suddenly was going to make them top 4 contenders is so naïve/idiotic you feel it was fans running the club. Said it before, I quicker see them going the way of Villa vs. truly challenging for anything.

I hope when our fans look at Everton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and even Pool & the Scum, they realize how well Levy has run this club over last decade and incrementally improved our position year over year.

Lost the fans, seemed to have lost the players, looked clueless and incapable of turning things around. Had to go really.

Expensive mistake having him spend all that money first. But hey, you have to back the manager, right... right?

- They can pretend they are big boys (their turnover has never indicated that, they are behind Saudi Sportswashing Machine & West Ham in revenue, and about 40% of Pools), spend stupid money, try to hire name managers and will just crash and burn each time.
- or buy smarter, invest in academy, make occasional smart, expensive buy and they can be best of the rest most years, aim for some progress in EL and maybe concentrate on a domestic cup run.

The idea that a one time $100M+ splash (that included a stupid amount of money for Siggy) suddenly was going to make them top 4 contenders is so naïve/idiotic you feel it was fans running the club. Said it before, I quicker see them going the way of Villa vs. truly challenging for anything.

I hope when our fans look at Everton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and even Pool & the Scum, they realize how well Levy has run this club over last decade and incrementally improved our position year over year.
Had to spend the Lukaku money sooner or later. Sooner is a good choice.

Spending it on that collection of players though... baffling.

Arsenal’s financial management has been excellent and Levy has used a very similar model.
Agree with most of the rest.

as said in the everton thread. Look at the fixture list. The odd result was home defeat to Burnley. The other results were pretty much as expected.

The board behind Koeman's sacking should've been sacked.

He’s not been given a chance, you should always get a year imo, a club either wants to change structure or it doesn’t.

It’s a great opportunity for someone, a blank canvas with no real expectation.

Everton are a big name, Dyche, Howe et al are unlikely to take a bigger single step, maybe Benitez or Bilic would see it as an escape route?

Former Manchester United man Ryan Giggs has admitted he would be interested in the current Everton and Leicester vacancies.
So much for waiting for the right job to come along.
Man Utd, Swansea, Everton, Leicester...
Any job, more like.

as said in the everton thread. Look at the fixture list. The odd result was home defeat to Burnley. The other results were pretty much as expected.

And more money thrown away on release package(s) when they are looking to build a new ground. Classy !

A couple other poor results looking at all competitions.

It's not just the results though. It's the manner they've lost in. They've looked clueless and without a chance.

So, shall we set the Bilic timer for about 2 hours?

I think he will be ok tonight. No one gives a toss about league cup.
If goes down heavily against Palace, then he’s a gonna!
But I doubt they will lose to Palace, mind I thought that about Bright!

Sissoko :eek:

:) Miracles can happen!

Back