• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

How long do we give Klopp now?
His main stock was in competing very well with other top 4/6 teams; has been battered by two of those managers that also know the pressing game and have found a way to adjust their tactics, plus they are still mediocre against the 'lesser' sides..now have negative GD and won 3 out of 9 games...

His stats are worse than Rodgers and Benitez at this stage. Much depends on how he deal with their defensive woes. If he continues to play the same players and they keep making the same mistakes, there will be considerable unrest by the end of the season unless they miraculously manage to outscore enough teams to finish in the top 4.

How was Dyche in the Championship? In the PL it's been all sitting back, counter attacking, hard work... Not sure succeeding at that is a great indicator for success at Everton with their squad?

Could they get Tuchel or will he wait for Chelsea or Arsenal to come looking?

Must be kicking themselves not being in the race for Marco Silva this summer.

Could they tempt Eddie Howe?

Dyche all day long for me, if I were in anyway invovled with Everton.

Moyes would be a laughing stock.

Pulis? Pointless. Why would you?

Allardyce is still retired and itll cost him millions to take a job. Aside from the fact he isnt what they need at all.

How was Dyche in the Championship? In the PL it's been all sitting back, counter attacking, hard work... Not sure succeeding at that is a great indicator for success at Everton with their squad?

Pretty decent actually. More function than flair, but they scored a lot of goals and dominated a lot of games.

At that level they had a decent level of player, and so played at the sort of level relevant to that.

In the premiership his players dont hold up anywhere near as well, and so organisation, effort and grit are required to level things up. And at Burnley that is never going to change.

I genuinely believe at a club like Everton, with the squad they have (+ one or two in Jan) he could do some fantastic stuff.

Short term he would have them solid and hard working. Longer term that would become a foundation to build from.

Everton is the perfect place for a manager to build a team, and profile over a few seasons.

Tuchel? He will have his eyes set much higher IMO.

Silva - absolutely looks the real deal. Ive been watching him with interest and I like him a lot. Watford pulled off a real coup there.

His stats are worse than Rodgers and Benitez at this stage. Much depends on how he deal with their defensive woes. If he continues to play the same players and they keep making the same mistakes, there will be considerable unrest by the end of the season unless they miraculously manage to outscore enough teams to finish in the top 4.

The weird thing is the fans though. They love him. Any board that sacks him will risk a riot.

It makes not sense to me! but it is what it is...

I am very unconvinced about Tuchel. Judging by the fallout after his sacking he can be difficult to get along with, he was sacked despite being relatively successful, and he likes to micromanage his players.

Good point re Marco Silva, though i wonder if the Mendes circus that is not too fat from Silva would put off a few boards...

Hard to say with him, he is onto a good thing with Bournemouth.

Its HIS club, top to bottom, and he gets a lot of slack/grace/good will as a result. He can ride a bumpy patch there with confidence.

Im not sure he would be willing to give that up easily.

That being said, Bournemouth like Burnley/Dyche are of a pretty low potential. There is only so much he can do there.

Everton are a step above, and could provide a platform for a move to a genuinely big job.

Hard to say with him, he is onto a good thing with Bournemouth.

Its HIS club, top to bottom, and he gets a lot of slack/grace/good will as a result. He can ride a bumpy patch there with confidence.

Im not sure he would be willing to give that up easily.

That being said, Bournemouth like Burnley/Dyche are of a pretty low potential. There is only so much he can do there.

Everton are a step above, and could provide a platform for a move to a genuinely big job.

There is also money to spend at Everton, which is going to make them attractive to a lot of managers.

I think they are an attractive prospect for any "up and coming" type manager who wants to step up and showcase themselves at the next level.

I dont think they are an attractive prospect at all for an already established manager of a top calibre.

Although they would have no trouble getting in an experienced type like Ranieri, but then why would you?

Can’t see Eddie Howe being tempted. He’s a GHod at Bournemouth and the previous time he went north it didn’t last long.

tenor.gif

You can see why they sacked Koeman, but I'm not sure it was the right decision. Koeman will be laughing. Doesn't have to pick up the players and find form and gets x million pay off.

They bought really poorly over the summer. How much on Siggerson alone? Then with that many players coming in you need to give a manager 6 months to let them settle and find their way of playing together.

I think Silva at Watford is hot property. He could take on a large club. Maybe Everton, with not a very good team, is probably a little below what he might aspire to. If only we could take him as a mini-Poch. Ferguson used to take on a fully fledged manager to assist. Not going to happen but concerned Silva might end up at the scum.

Former Manchester United man Ryan Giggs has admitted he would be interested in the current Everton and Leicester vacancies.

Back