• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

And he's gone

West Ham United can confirm that Slaven Bilic has today left his position with the Club.

The Chairmen and board of West Ham United would like to place on record their thanks and gratitude to Slaven and his team for their services over the past two-and-a-half years, but believe a change is now necessary in order for the Club to move forward positively and in line with their ambition.

West Ham United can confirm that Bilic’s coaching assistants Nikola Jurcevic, Edin Terzic, Julian dingdongs and Miljenko Rak have also left the Club with immediate effect.

The Club’s search for a new manager to take West Ham United forward is underway and an announcement regarding Bilic’s successor is expected to be made over the coming days.

It's getting ridiculous in the PL, begin to look like possibly 8 managers will be sacked by the end of the season, nobody is allowed to build a team or develop players or a system.

The club boards are running scared due to the money involved.

Full marks to Burnley, Brighton, and Huddersfield for showing some bottle.

Last edited:
As one of the better Norwegian pundits put it in an article today: "Why does the club have to wait for a crisis to emerge before doing anything? Everybody saw this coming since last season. This proves that the leaders at the club have not got a clue. West Ham have a player problem, a manager problem, and a club leadership problem. Removing one of them won't solve the others."

Palace, West Ham and Everton are the best example of muddled board thinking.

With Hodgson, Moyes and Alladyce one again seen as the rescuers.
Talk about history repeating it’s self!
When will these clubs learn?

As one of the better Norwegian pundits put it in an article today: "Why does the club have to wait for a crisis to emerge before doing anything? Everybody saw this coming since last season. This proves that the leaders at the club have not got a clue. West Ham have a player problem, a manager problem, and a club leadership problem. Removing one of them won't solve the others."

Perfectly put.

I never thought Id say this, but I do feel somewhat sorry for the West Ham fans.

I lurk on KUMB occasionally. It used to be just for the entertainment value, reading all their delusions. The the new stadium happened and I was interested in their views considering it was happening to us next. And then I realised just how clearly they see the problems, and how helpless they are.

90% of the posters on there know the board is the problem, and know theres nothing they can do about it, they just get to watch their club slowly dying.

Sounds like they've got the right man for the job (securing relegation that is):
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/07/west-ham-david-moyes-sunderland-ellis-short

Thats a good piece.

Heres the thing. Many people write off his time at Sunderland as "Well its Sunderland, no one could succeed..." or some such - but they completely forget what Allardyce did.

It took time for him to get some traction, but he did. He got the solid. He got them grinding results. And by seasons end he actually had them playing some football. They didnt look like relegation fodder then, they looked like a mid table side.

Had Allardyce stayed there I am sure that is exactly what they would have been.

Moyes took over a team that was on the up, that should have been positive, he should really have just been trying to ride that wave.

Instead he promptly announced they were fudged and basically sucked the life out of them.

I maintain, firmly, he isnt a good manager - and is most certainly not the man to get West Ham anywhere.

That was my thinking.....Bilic should go to Everton with that kind of logic....
I quite like Slaven and think it was more the club setup than the manager.

He seems like a nice guy, a decent character - but he is lower level manager at best.

His record is distinctly average, and many of the issues in that West Ham side are due to him. Its not all the board.

Back