• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luke Shaw

Solid signing imo, for about the kind of price you have to expect for a player like that without contract issues at a club without financial problems.

Weren't reactions very similar when they signed Rio and Rooney?

If Shaw is as good and talented as he seems to be I see no problem with this kind of signing. I have more of a problem with "the English premium" when it's established good, but no great players at the peaks of their careers.

So much for having to be in the CL to sign good players. United are still such a pull in football terms that even with no European football at all they can still sign quality

So much for having to be in the CL to sign good players. United are still such a pull in football terms that even with no European football at all they can still sign quality

Directly and indirectly at least partially as a result of 20+ years of consecutive CL football.

But he is just "good" and not "top quality" just yet, so they haven't tried to sign a superstar yet.

Weren't reactions very similar when they signed Rio and Rooney?

If Shaw is as good and talented as he seems to be I see no problem with this kind of signing. I have more of a problem with "the English premium" when it's established good, but no great players at the peaks of their careers.

I hardly think Shaw is in that category ... honestly like most from Southampton, I'd be worried th system made him look better than he is.

Re needing CL, didn't ****ing Harry say it, players want "CL wages"

I hardly think Shaw is in that category ... honestly like most from Southampton, I'd be worried th system made him look better than he is.

Re needing CL, didn't ****ing Harry say it, players want "CL wages"

Were Rio and Rooney in that category when they were signed by United? Perhaps Rio was slightly more proven as Leeds had a good run, but not by much.

Of course if the system made him look better than he is and he's overrated it's too much money.

Players want CL wages, but they also want CL football. And for most clubs CL wages follow from CL participation. United are a financial super club, in part as a result of constant CL participation since the money influx in football. The two are not separate. Also, although not in the CL this season a club like United will be very likely to return there sooner rather than later. At 19 Luke Shaw might not put much stock into just the next season, but think about his long term future. Say Everton offered the same money as United, I'm almost certain he would pick United ahead of Everton despite neither being in the CL and part of that would be the higher chance of future CL participation and trophies at United.

27m for an 18 year old with heaps of talent and potential who could be the United and England LB for at least the next 10-12 years or 25m for Lallana a much older player who has had one decent year, I know who i'd rather have

£28m Fellaini.
£38m Mata.
£29m Herrera.
£30m Shaw.

£125m in less than a year.

Man Utd fans: "Emirates Marketing Project are ruining football"

27m for an 18 year old with heaps of talent and potential who could be the United and England LB for at least the next 10-12 years or 25m for Lallana a much older player who has had one decent year, I know who i'd rather have

Lallana is massively overpriced as well, no mistake. The difference is Lallana would hopefully closer to delivering consistent results at his peak, Shaw is probably still a couple of seasons away from being dependable at that level (if he steps up).

Look, players are worth whatever someone is willing to pay, United has lots of cash, but can't help thinking that when City/Cheat$ki are buying Toure/Silva/Fabregas level players and United are buying Fellaini/Shaw/etc, just bad call ...

Back