• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luke Shaw

I'd be really surprised if United changed their transfer targets on the basis of one game

Would be very surprising indeed, especially considering who's in charge of Blind's national team. Whoever they're going to sign will have been decided long ago.

Shaw was linked with them whilst Moyes was still in charge. LVG has worked with Blind and lets face it, he is already the finished product

If he stayed with us for 10 seasons then £20m would be money well spent IMO. £30m not so sure.

Lol Lovren is likely worth £12-14 million alone. £40 million for the pair with a few add ons may well tempt them but 30 would be derisory

No thanks. £30m could be better spent on a more reliable key position player, not this years Wayne Bridge (potentially).

Ricardo Rodriguez looked good last night. Two assists as well. Cost Wolfsburg a fair chunk but will be less than Shaw.

Ricardo Rodriguez looked good last night. Two assists as well. Cost Wolfsburg a fair chunk but will be less than Shaw.

He would cost over 20 mill, Shaw will go for 25 plus add ons I guess

I'd be happy for either, but Blind would be the cheaper clever option I think.

If he is available, Shaw is a no brainer for me.

If we pay £25m plus add ons, and keep him for 10 years, its cost us £2.5m a season

If he goes after 3/4 years we double our money minimum

I still stand by that he will be the one if any we will sign before Lallana or anyone else from Saints

Is Shaw really that good? I have to admit I haven't seen a whole lot of him but every time I have seen him I'm left scratching my head wondering what all the fuss is about. The figures that are being touted just seem outlandish for what I see as a bit of a gamble.

Where Spurs are right now, we shouldn't really be spending £30m on a left back. I think we are all so tired of watching Danny Rose that we feel we need a BIG sticking plaster to seal the wound.

There are 2 left backs at every club in the world, we must be able to find a really good one somewhere else, e.g. Germany, Austria, Croatia, there must be players slightly more developed than Shaw available for £15m or so and sell BAE to get a little back.

Where Spurs are right now, we shouldn't really be spending £30m on a left back. I think we are all so tired of watching Danny Rose that we feel we need a BIG sticking plaster to seal the wound.

There are 2 left backs at every club in the world, we must be able to find a really good one somewhere else, e.g. Germany, Austria, Croatia, there must be players slightly more developed than Shaw available for £15m or so and sell BAE to get a little back.

I agree that £30m for Shaw seems a bit much for us. However, good left backs are super hard to find. Just look at other top clubs. A lot of money being spent and quite a few clubs failing to find a left back they're happy with.

Is Shaw really that good? I have to admit I haven't seen a whole lot of him but every time I have seen him I'm left scratching my head wondering what all the fuss is about. The figures that are being touted just seem outlandish for what I see as a bit of a gamble.

Exactly the same for me

I agree that £30m for Shaw seems a bit much for us. However, good left backs are super hard to find. Just look at other top clubs. A lot of money being spent and quite a few clubs failing to find a left back they're happy with.

Not necessarily.... There is one available for nothing currently (Ashley Cole). Upgrade on Rose, no fitness issues and a true winning mentality.

Another 'experienced' option who would offer an upgrade to Rose for a season or two would be Evra. Not as good as he once was, but would still provide us with an upgrade for now.

We have already talked about Daley Blind - surely he would be available for no more than £12 to £15 million - so half of Luke Shaw's probable fee?

Ricardo Rodriguez is another who has been spoken about (although probably unobtainable for us).

I thought the Bosnian left back Sead Kolasinac looked really good in their game against Argentina last night - I think I heard/read that he plays for Shalke). I think I also saw something about Man Utd wanting him - so perhaps we're too late on this one already? If not though then I'd be all over us having a punt on him.

If Pochettino would like a countryman to play left back for him then there is Christian Ansaldi - a pacy, tough tackling left back who can also play on the right. 27 years of age, currently playing over in Russia for Zenit and they only signed him last year for £7 million so he might not be 'cheap' but could perhaps be prised away.

Alternatively also from Zenit what about Domenico Criscito? The former Italian international certainly has the quality and at 27 is a good age for a move. He cost Zenit 11 million euros 3 years ago, so perhaps with 2 years left on his contract and them now having Ansaldi it would be a good time to buy him?

Others that could be worth an investment for either now or the future....

Samuel Umtiti at Lyon who certainly has potential and can fill in as an emergency centre half if need be.

Bastian Oczipka from Eintracht Frankfurt - solid 25 year old left back good both defensively and when attacking

Jetro Willems at PSV Eindhoven?... Probably one for the future rather than one for now as he is still developing - but has loads of pace and might be a good option as an additional player if we were to sign an experienced pro like Cole or Evra?

Perhaps even Ben Davies at Swansea? Already proven in the PL and playing for a possession based team.

Erik Pieters at Stoke......attacking, strong defensively, I'd say 10 mill and he is ours

I thought he had already signed for Villa?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back