• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy - questions

I'm wondering should Spurs interject on the M'Vila transfer now that Sandro looks to be out for a while. I like Jake and think he'll develop into a solid pro but he's not ready to drive this team into a CL spot if Parker gets crocked. Actually we could give QPR Jake on loan to...em.. ease the pain of us shafting them.

I'm wondering should Spurs interject on the M'Vila transfer now that Sandro looks to be out for a while. I like Jake and think he'll develop into a solid pro but he's not ready to drive this team into a CL spot if Parker gets crocked. Actually we could give QPR Jake on loan to...em.. ease the pain of us shafting them.

'Loic Remy - questions'..

:p

Rather get Holtby in early than go and buy someone else. If we need the cover, we know Holtby is going to be spurs in the future, why not just get him in now.

At the fee quoted, that seems an excellent suggestion. My only concern would be why the fee appears to have dropped so quickly, considering that Rennes were reportedly asking for more than double that in the summer.

M'villa would be a great signing, he is far more then a DM and has the ability to turn into a very good payer.

hehe

where is milo when you need him. :lol:

No, I'm happy to explain. Harry has one set of principles when it comes to transfer policy. Levy has another. Which you prefer is your call But they are very, very different. That was basically the jist of what I'm saying.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I find it interesting that those who have expressed a deeper affection for Harry than others are curiously silent when it comes to tactically discussing/evaluating his squad at QPR. There's some (IMO) interesting discussions going on over in that "Harry' thread again, so come on over ;)

Not IMO.
Unless the player coming in was proven/acclimatized, it would be a massive gamble. Makes more sense to trust squad players who know the manager and set-up than to suddenly not trust them.
I would absolutely take Livermore over M'Vila right now. Yes folks, you can quote me on that! Put simply, he is ours, he knows us, we know him and we all know that whether he is less talented than M'Vila or not, the man will put a proper shift in.
M'Vila is a massive gamble for a side/squad that has a system and style. QPR just need anything they can get, so he will be an upgrade.

Not IMO.
Unless the player coming in was proven/acclimatized, it would be a massive gamble. Makes more sense to trust squad players who know the manager and set-up than to suddenly not trust them.
I would absolutely take Livermore over M'Vila right now. Yes folks, you can quote me on that! Put simply, he is ours, he knows us, we know him and we all know that whether he is less talented than M'Vila or not, the man will put a proper shift in.
M'Vila is a massive gamble for a side/squad that has a system and style. QPR just need anything they can get, so he will be an upgrade.

agreed with this, but not on the idea that livermore is on M'villa's level. but everything else is about spot on

plus you dont make first team purchases like this on account of an injury. thats what the squad is for

like saying that if RVP gets injured then just because of that united should go out there and buy falcao..............i dont thinkfootball today resembles a computer game THAT much

Arrogant much?

In my opinion I'd like to see a few more of the so called "little" clubs breakthrough regardless of the how and why. It's nice to break up the establishment and give the fans of those clubs something truly worthwhile to enjoy. It's also good for the standard of football in this country and for the economy.

No, not arrogant. It's a fact based on support, stadium size, wages, turnover, commercial appeal etc.

There's nothing legally wrong with doing it, nor really morally actually. I'd just much rather see clubs get success by being intelligent and doing things sustainably. If we end up challenging at the top of the league it won't be because of a cheat code, it will be because we made clever decisions over a number of years that paid off. Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, QPR...yeah it's nice to have different teams at the top but their success will never means as much if they go that way about it.

agreed with this, but not on the idea that livermore is on M'villa's level. but everything else is about spot on

plus you dont make first team purchases like this on account of an injury. thats what the squad is for

like saying that if RVP gets injured then just because of that united should go out there and buy falcao..............i dont thinkfootball today resembles a computer game THAT much

I think sometimes your hand is forced by injury. The squad should cover argument is valid but only if your squad is deemed of sufficient quality otherwise you should be looking to improve it at every opportunity.

Spurs goal is obviously a CL spot and having Parker and Jake as our defensive midfield cover is big gamble in my opinion. Jake is not ready for this responsibility if Parker gets injured and at Parker's age this scenario is not that unlikely. Jake may well become that player, and he has shown good signs last season, but he's not there yet. Add to that Parker is in the twilight of his career then a combination of factors sometimes mean you go to the market to buy cover. In this case I would see it as Parker's potential replacement. Is M'Villa that player? Who knows but there is a valid argument for it IMHO. The computer game jibe is trite and unnecessary.

The RVP comparison is not the same. Utd have almost the best set of strikers in the league and have quality cover in that department for the foreseeable future.

On a tangential subject I do not think even with Sandro's injury that DM is the most critical position we should be buying for, but sometimes a good deal comes along a little earlier than you you need and you just have to grab it. Lloris is a prime example.

Last edited:
I think sometimes your hand is forced by injury. The squad should cover argument is valid but only if your squad is deemed of sufficient quality otherwise you should be looking to improve it at every opportunity.

Spurs goal is obviously a CL spot and having Parker and Jake as our defensive midfield cover is big gamble in my opinion. Jake is not ready for this responsibility if Parker gets injured and at Parker's age this scenario is not that unlikely. Jake may well become that player, and he has shown good signs last season, but he's not there yet. Add to that Parker is in the twilight of his career then a combination of factors sometimes mean you go to the market to buy cover. In this case I would see it as Parker's potential replacement. Is M'Villa that player? Who knows but there is a valid argument for it IMHO. The computer game jibe is trite and unnecessary.

The RVP comparison is not the same. Utd have almost the best set of strikers in the league and have quality cover in that department for the foreseeable future.

On a tangential subject I do not think even with Sandro's injury that DM is the most critical position we should be buying for, but sometimes a good deal comes along a little earlier than you you need and you just have to grab it. Lloris is a prime example.

point taken...but united are in it to win it all. including FA and CL and premiership..you could argue that they need more than one player up front on RVPs level or near aboouts the same inflluence.....in order to compete on all 3 fronts? so RVP gets injured and all you REALLy have is rooney. little peanut and wellbeck arent even close to those two though they can do a job. thats what i am talking about...we have two dominant DMs..one is injured ..so now we have one..then there is a drop in quality,......but this is the nature of the squad game for a team in our tier IMO...

BUT..having said that...the price of 7 million is financially sound for someone at that age with that kind of prospects. but i still dont think that is good squad management.........we would just be stacking up players for the sake of it or just because of injury..soon to have a bloated squad of unhappy players etc etc etc. bad harmony i think?

point taken...but united are in it to win it all. including FA and CL and premiership..you could argue that they need more than one player up front on RVPs level or near aboouts the same inflluence.....in order to compete on all 3 fronts? so RVP gets injured and all you REALLy have is rooney. little peanut and wellbeck arent even close to those two though they can do a job. thats what i am talking about...we have two dominant DMs..one is injured ..so now we have one..then there is a drop in quality,......but this is the nature of the squad game for a team in our tier IMO...

BUT..having said that...the price of 7 million is financially sound for someone at that age with that kind of prospects. but i still dont think that is good squad management.........we would just be stacking up players for the sake of it or just because of injury..soon to have a bloated squad of unhappy players etc etc etc. bad harmony i think?

Yes indeed Utd are in a different league to us in almost every sense, but it is a model to aspire to. We are a level below them there is no doubt, but we need to start thinking like the big boys to become of them (did I actually say that brick?). I look at it as 2 senior pros + 1 junior per position. As of now that's Sandro + Parker + Jake. To sign another DM might seem flahoolick, and it certainly is not the most pressing position we need to cover, but M'Vila was only a year ago valued at €28 mil by his own club. Obviously way overpriced and his value for some reason has dropped, but at 7mil or whatever this might be a shrewd investment. Parker has maybe only 1-2 years left at the sharp end of the league. We can loan Jake out for some much needed playing time and rotate Parker and M'Vila for the remainder of the season in the different comps. Then flog Parker to Harry for 7mil next season \o/

Actually I'll admit I don't know if M'Vila is any good really but the point stands.

Yes indeed Utd are in a different league to us in almost every sense, but it is a model to aspire to. We are a level below them there is no doubt, but we need to start thinking like the big boys to become of them (did I actually say that brick?). I look at it as 2 senior pros + 1 junior per position. As of now that's Sandro + Parker + Jake. To sign another DM might seem flahoolick, and it certainly is not the most pressing position we need to cover, but M'Vila was only a year ago valued at €28 mil by his own club. Obviously way overpriced and his value for some reason has dropped, but at 7mil or whatever this might be a shrewd investment. Parker has maybe only 1-2 years left at the sharp end of the league. We can loan Jake out for some much needed playing time and rotate Parker and M'Vila for the remainder of the season in the different comps. Then flog Parker to Harry for 7mil next season \o/

Actually I'll admit I don't know if M'Vila is any good really but the point stands.

wait...what is you view on united's model? what do you think it is exactly?

Agree with all you say here mate...indeed, Jake is not on MVilla's level, but perhaps the advantage will be that Jake is already acclimatized...

wait...what is you view on united's model? what do you think it is exactly?

Ferguson utilises his first team squad almost like no other manager. He has some go to guys, but you'd be hard pushed to pick the Utd starting team from one match to the next. What enables him to rotate as he does is the quality in depth he has at his disposal. So he can swap in a player of comparable quality for fitness or form reasons and thus maintain a push on all fronts. Having to cope with the matches is fine, but to compete is a different matter. It's not something we've had to worry about much as the PL was our priority, the cups less so. If we want to be competitive in both the PL and CL we must have our '2nd' player in the position almost as good as the 1st, and given game time to keep sharp.

I am kinda focusing in on Parker and Jake because the game is lost or won in midfield as they say. If Jake is our DM then I don't think we'll a make it to the CL, but the same argument could be made to few other positions. Dembele springs to mind.

France striker Loic Remy was finally persuaded to leave Marseille for the Premier League after being challenged to a computer football game by Queens Park Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes.

Fernandes spent four hours in transfer talks with Remy before going for a more personal touch by playing "FIFA 12."

Remy says "it showed to me what a good person Tony is. He showed his human side to me as an owner of the club."

Remy's Bayern Munich beat Fernandes' Argentina in their first game.

QPR broke its transfer record to sign striker Remy on Wednesday, paying Marseille a reported 8 million pounds ($13 million).

France striker Loic Remy was finally persuaded to leave Marseille for the Premier League after being challenged to a computer football game by Queens Park Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes.

Fernandes spent four hours in transfer talks with Remy before going for a more personal touch by playing "FIFA 12."

Remy says "it showed to me what a good person Tony is. He showed his human side to me as an owner of the club."

Remy's Bayern Munich beat Fernandes' Argentina in their first game.

QPR broke its transfer record to sign striker Remy on Wednesday, paying Marseille a reported 8 million pounds ($13 million).

:ross:
You know, Santa delivered my pressies this Xmas too...

Back