• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy - questions

Depending on what clauses they have in the contracts, they REALLY need that improved tv money. I seem to remember last January there was talk about some of their signings not having any relegation clauses.

exactly, spending madly now could be the lesser of 2 evils, if they go down they are fudged anyway

They're being funded by their owner. How could they possibly afford to have several players on higher wages than our top earners?

They've attempted to buy success with no real plan or long term strategy. How about the other teams that can't just throw money at their problems? It's supposed to be a competition of football, not how rich your owner is.

back to this thing again. i dont know how we can be so stuck up and turn our noses up at poorer clubs just cause of our own income. just cause we have had the fortune of location and wealth doesnt mean that we have a right to be one of a few teams that operate on a high level financially

so for you, QPR should be stuck there for eternity till they can luck out with a string of gems who will chose that club over financial and career advancemnet....all increasing the liklehood QPR remain at the boot of london football clubs for however long

here is a thought. lets make football fair.....put a wage and salary cap on this...how about that? until then if you can afford to do something then you cant really act holier than thou. especially when you yourself operate on a higer pay scale

its like some rich banker pointing fingers at a factory worker for coming into the lottery...not taking into account the banker comes from a rich old money family.

If they stay up, they'll start moving along the bricks on huge money like Bosingwa and Cisse and clearing up the wage bill a bit. But they need to stay up.

If they stay up, they'll start moving along the bricks on huge money like Bosingwa and Cisse and clearing up the wage bill a bit. But they need to stay up.

to make matters worse, it doesnt seem that the prices on these players heads are THAT big, they are getting guys in on the cheap but paying them higher wages. we're going to start slinging judgements on that too? shouldnt it be fee PLUS wages = "whoa can you sustain that /.......you may go bankrupt "

Greg was on here the other day giving it the biggun' about Remy. "He turned you lot down last year,now he's signing for us"

Hahahaha.

african we haven't had fortune blah blah blah... we've built what we've got through hard work season after season, bit by bit.

I think you're just being deliberately punchy on this; QPR are just like Cheat$ki should be, a division 2 club that occasionally gets a season with the big boys, not an established Premier club.

african we haven't had fortune blah blah blah... we've built what we've got through hard work season after season, bit by bit.

I think you're just being deliberately punchy on this; QPR are just like Cheat$ki should be, a division 2 club that occasionally gets a season with the big boys, not an established Premier club.

actually not really. i genuinely hate emperialistic behaviour. not a fan of it at all

why 'should' these clubs remain in those lower leagues if they dont have to be?

back to this thing again. i dont know how we can be so stuck up and turn our noses up at poorer clubs just cause of our own income. just cause we have had the fortune of location and wealth doesnt mean that we have a right to be one of a few teams that operate on a high level

Sorry to post snip but I wanted to address this point in particular.

AFAIK, QPR have been around as long as us with an arguably richer 'catchment area' of fans.

It's not location that has set us apart, it's being a club that people want to support. If we have built a large fan base by being exciting and playing football how it should be played then we have earned that financial superiority.

I don't think it's right that that can be corrupted by rich people turning another club into their latest status symbol or toy.

Sorry to post snip but I wanted to address this point in particular.

AFAIK, QPR have been around as long as us with an arguably richer 'catchment area' of fans.

It's not location that has set us apart, it's being a club that people want to support. If we have built a large fan base by being exciting and playing football how it should be played then we have earned that financial superiority.

I don't think it's right that that can be corrupted by rich people turning another club into their latest status symbol or toy.

if by richer catchement area your talking about income bracket then yeah i would imagine so...though i dont know what the state of londons socio economic divide was in he early 1900s.

but would rich people be more a loyal fan base than the general populace that have nothing but football to spruce up their week? you'd get more loyalty from the common man i would feel than a rich man

the good thing about this line of discussion for me is that its getting me to know more about the history pre world war 2

As said before with Remy, glad they've got him in, the more points QPR take off our rivals the better as we don't have to play them again. Will be interesting to see how he turns out. Did seem to divide opinions on here but I can't really say I'd seen enough of him to judge.

back to this thing again. i dont know how we can be so stuck up and turn our noses up at poorer clubs just cause of our own income. just cause we have had the fortune of location and wealth doesnt mean that we have a right to be one of a few teams that operate on a high level financially

so for you, QPR should be stuck there for eternity till they can luck out with a string of gems who will chose that club over financial and career advancemnet....all increasing the liklehood QPR remain at the boot of london football clubs for however long

here is a thought. lets make football fair.....put a wage and salary cap on this...how about that? until then if you can afford to do something then you cant really act holier than thou. especially when you yourself operate on a higer pay scale

its like some rich banker pointing fingers at a factory worker for coming into the lottery...not taking into account the banker comes from a rich old money family.

The could work their way up the same way Swansea did.
Go watch the QPR documentary "The Four Year Plan" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006869/ and see what way the club has been run.
The way the owners treated the players and the 12 managers they had in 4 years was a disgrace.

if by richer catchement area your talking about income bracket then yeah i would imagine so...though i dont know what the state of londons socio economic divide was in he early 1900s.

but would rich people be more a loyal fan base than the general populace that have nothing but football to spruce up their week? you'd get more loyalty from the common man i would feel than a rich man

Not sure about loyalty but in the UK, the west end of cities has always been more affluent due to westerly prevailing winds.

The could work their way up the same way Swansea did.
Go watch the QPR documentary "The Four Year Plan" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006869/ and see what way the club has been run.
The way the owners treated the players and the 12 managers they had in 4 years was a disgrace.

Agreed totally on Swansea.

African, there's nothing 'wrong' with what QPR are doing. It's legal I guess. They have an owner and if they want to break free from their natural position then fine. But it's just a bit tainted isn't it? We are up there competing with the top 4 season after season despite there not really being any reason why we should be that far beyond the likes of Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and until previously (although we are still better) Everton. But we have done it through wise investments, and good strategic planning. We lose players along the way to the bigger clubs and in return we take players from the smaller ones, but the point is, if we have lost a player we have reinvested those funds intelligently, and built the club up to be where it is sustainably and without a cheat code. QPR, like Emirates Marketing Project, aren't doing that.

Swansea are doing it. There's a club to be proud of. Again, it's not that QPR are doing anything wrong, it's just that any success they ever get won't be as impressive as it should and could be.

Agreed totally on Swansea.

African, there's nothing 'wrong' with what QPR are doing. It's legal I guess. They have an owner and if they want to break free from their natural position then fine. But it's just a bit tainted isn't it? We are up there competing with the top 4 season after season despite there not really being any reason why we should be that far beyond the likes of Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and until previously (although we are still better) Everton. But we have done it through wise investments, and good strategic planning. We lose players along the way to the bigger clubs and in return we take players from the smaller ones, but the point is, if we have lost a player we have reinvested those funds intelligently, and built the club up to be where it is sustainably and without a cheat code. QPR, like Emirates Marketing Project, aren't doing that.

Swansea are doing it. There's a club to be proud of. Again, it's not that QPR are doing anything wrong, it's just that any success they ever get won't be as impressive as it should and could be.

Arrogant much?

In my opinion I'd like to see a few more of the so called "little" clubs breakthrough regardless of the how and why. It's nice to break up the establishment and give the fans of those clubs something truly worthwhile to enjoy. It's also good for the standard of football in this country and for the economy.

harry-loads.gif

They're being funded by their owner. How could they possibly afford to have several players on higher wages than our top earners?

They've attempted to buy success with no real plan or long term strategy. How about the other teams that can't just throw money at their problems? It's supposed to be a competition of football, not how rich your owner is.

And it still is a competition of football. As QPR have proven, they can be near the top of the league for spending money on wages and fees, but bottom when it comes to football.

I don't see why QPR shouldn't spend money the owner is willing to waste, just because others can't. Someone has to win, someone has to lose. I don't understand this theory some people have that is only happy if big clubs stay at the top forever. The only way smaller clubs can get to the top now is by spending money. You can implement a great strategy and plan, and still get no where near the top. We should know, Levy has made us a well run club but the reality is we've won nothing and miles away from doing so consistently. Until a billionaire willing to recklessly spend takes over that wont change. I'm convinced we will be the next it happens to, only so long before Levy gets bored of putting in so much hard work just to stay top 5.

Back