• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy - questions

The surprising thing about this deal and the MVila one which Saggyface has said that they're close to doing in not the wages, release clauses etc - its the fees to the clubs.

If, and thats a big if, you believe reports they're paying £8m for Remy and £7m for MVila. But, according to Harry Rennes were offered £28m for MVila 2 yeras ago, we offers £15m last year but now they're selling for £7m? Doesnt stack up. Same with Remy - we offered £15m last year but were turned down but now they're selling for £8m??

Release clauses etc as mentioned above dont impact the selling club (unless perhaps the player would return back to that club if QPR are relegated) - doesnt seem to me at all that the prices quoted in the press can be right given recent history and as these are young French internationals

And he's never been good enough.
He's definitely not what we need now.

He need a consistent striker who can hold the ball up.
Or we need a player with vision who can unlock a 10 man defence.

Remy is a fast striker who can play on the wing, has a decent shot. He's a wiltord.
He cant hold the ball up effectively. He isnt the greatest passer of the ball. He's can't create a chance from nothing for another player like VDV or Modric could.

He is not what we need in our team.

Agreed. Which is why I am really really interested to see how Harry plays him.

The surprising thing about this deal and the MVila one which Saggyface has said that they're close to doing in not the wages, release clauses etc - its the fees to the clubs.

If, and thats a big if, you believe reports they're paying £8m for Remy and £7m for MVila. But, according to Harry Rennes were offered £28m for MVila 2 yeras ago, we offers £15m last year but now they're selling for £7m? Doesnt stack up. Same with Remy - we offered £15m last year but were turned down but now they're selling for £8m??

Release clauses etc as mentioned above dont impact the selling club (unless perhaps the player would return back to that club if QPR are relegated) - doesnt seem to me at all that the prices quoted in the press can be right given recent history and as these are young French internationals

I think Remy was just overrated before. He's 26 now actually, a bit beyond the "young" description and more of a once hot talent that didn't deliver what he once promised to do. Now QPR take a punt and Marseille are alright with letting him go for this amount knowing that no one will ever pay what they once asked.

M'Vila has had some issues off the pitch I think, so his reputation has suffered a bit as a result of that. I think he might turn out to be the best signing of the two.

Edit: That's just my understanding of it based on what I've read and heard, I haven't seen either player more than 3-4 times.

Last edited:

I think in both cases their clubs want to get rid really. With Remy it's his poor form, while M'Vila was constantly whoring himself everywhere this summer and has even managed to get himself banned from the French national team for 2 years. His mental state is questionable.

I think in both cases their clubs want to get rid really. With Remy it's his poor form, while M'Vila was constantly whoring himself everywhere this summer and has even managed to get himself banned from the French national team for 2 years. His mental state is questionable.

Wish some other clubs outside England will sign both. Just don't want us to regret not signing them if they do well there. Have a feeling M'Vila might do well for QPR.

both Remy and MVila are 'damaged' goods in one way or another. Injuries, loss of form, off the field problems all contribute to fallen reputations and thus lower transfer fees.

There are these bargains out there if one looks hard enough. Risky but someone like Redknapp has an eye for this type of purchase

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are dropping like a stone, there isn't as much between them and qpr as at first appears

Only the fourth transfer window in a row they're doing that. Fair? Not really.

With all due respect, honestly there is no personal malice in what i am about to say, but i consider the above statement a bit silly

what do you expect them to do? seeing as i am assuming they dont want to get relegated.

With all due respect, honestly there is no personal malice in what i am about to say, but i consider the above statement a bit silly

what do you expect them to do? seeing as i am assuming they dont want to get relegated.

I don't expect them to do anything in particular, but I don't think it's fair to spend money they don't really have. Just like I have nothing but contempt for Chelsea and City. They have brought this on them self through poor decisions and mismanagement.

Think that if he is turning down Saudi Sportswashing Machine to play for QPR then it tells you all you need to know about Remy, his motivations and why we aren't in for him.

Said at the time i thought it was a 'Redknapp' deal and i guess that has now been proven to be the case?

how come you thought it was a redknapp deal? seems to fly in the fact of what people said is redknapps type of siginings...no?

I don't expect them to do anything in particular, but I don't think it's fair to spend money they don't really have. Just like I have nothing but contempt for Chelsea and City. They have brought this on them self through poor decisions and mismanagement.

you know they dont have the money? someone else might not agree with you cause they are clearly getting funding from somewhere

so because they have made a mistake or two...they should stop trying to fix it?

let me ask you something else.....what poor decisions and mis management have they made that should make them worthy of contemption?

i thought they did have money, Fernandes is a very wealthy bloke

I think he's referring to money generated via sustainable means - profit, i.e. merchandise, gates, player sales, etc. - much like we've managed over the Levy years

There is now way signing 80k/week players with a 18 000 stadium can be seen as the 'right way about doing things' - same for City, Chelsea, etc. Someone mentioned R's wages to turnover % is over 220% - that's plain ridiculous and will put the club in real financial trouble should they be relegated and Fernandes calls it a day.

I suppose it's all about the alleged sell on % :-"

you know they dont have the money? someone else might not agree with you cause they are clearly getting funding from somewhere

so because they have made a mistake or two...they should stop trying to fix it?

let me ask you something else.....what poor decisions and mis management have they made that should make them worthy of contemption?

They're being funded by their owner. How could they possibly afford to have several players on higher wages than our top earners?

They've attempted to buy success with no real plan or long term strategy. How about the other teams that can't just throw money at their problems? It's supposed to be a competition of football, not how rich your owner is.

I think he's referring to money generated via sustainable means - profit, i.e. merchandise, gates, player sales, etc. - much like we've managed over the Levy years

There is now way signing 80k/week player with a 18 000 stadium can be seen as the 'right way about doing things' - same for City, Chelsea, etc. Someone mentioned R's wages to turnover % is over 220% - that's plain ridiculous and will put the club in real financial trouble should they be relegated and Fernandes calls it a day.

ah right, well i'd say we are in the minority when it comes to sustainable spending, if Fernandes is willing to throw his money away they could have some degree of success, city and chelsea are in that risky situation but its not hurt them so far

He's Malaysian Airlines wealthy. I think Lakshmi Mittal still owns a part, he dwarfs even Roman in the wealthy stakes.

Mittal keeps his hands firmly in his pockets when it comes to football.

Malaysian Airlines wealthy?? pure peanuts compared to someone like Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour

I dont think Fernandes realised how much money could disappear into a football club. Imo he doesnt have money to uselessly throw around

Depending on what clauses they have in the contracts, they REALLY need that improved tv money. I seem to remember last January there was talk about some of their signings not having any relegation clauses.

Back