• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy - questions

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Apologies, if there's already a thread on this specifiic topic.

So it seems Loic Remy is signing for QPR, after having been heavily linked to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and seemingly already rejected QPR as he didn't want to be in a relegation dogfight (i.e. QPR in a worse position when compared to Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

To me there are a number of questions that arise from this transfer:

• 8m for a supposedly decent striker seems like it could have been good business for us; why are we not in for him with our paucity of options up front; plus Remy seems to be able to play in a front 3 or on the wing by all accounts
  • Does this QPR move show that it was in fact Harry that was really keen on him at Spurs all along and Levy/the board were not? If this is the case, what makes him so loved by Harry?
  • would it be fair to say his £80k wage would be far too steep for us given his current level?
  • would Remy have in fact accepted a lower wage seeing as he coming to a club 'going places' and he is being put into a situation where his arm is being twisted by QPR saying 'yes we're in a relegation dogfight, but look at how much Wonga you can ear?'
  • Actually does this proposed transfer show that Remy is a money-grabbing bleep?
  • There was a report of a tussle between Saudi Sportswashing Machine, QPR and an unnamed third club; could that in fact be us??

Overall it seems that paying 8m for another forward player that has shown he can score regularly in January to add to our relatively thin forward options is a no-brainer; those of you who study AVB's tactics and methods closely, could Remy fit into an AVB team?

Some great questions there.. I'd be interested to hear what wages he is on and if he would have taken a slight drop to sign for us.. Our top earner is Ade on around 75K a week apparently so there's not much difference there, thats why i was disappointed we didnt go in for Ba.. You'd think a player of Remy's calibre would have been the sort of signing Levy would go for at a knock down price?

Harry's just been on Sky Sports News saying he watched Remy many times last season and personally went to meet him last year but the price quoted then was 20 million so Spurs obviously didnt feel that was good business at the time but you would have thought Spurs also would have keep tabs on him unless of course AVB didnt fancy him? i aswell am trying work out why his value has dropped so much and why he would sign for team bottom of the premiership from a side that were in the Champions League..

The thing that seems to becoming clearer for me is, 'arry clearly is pretty good at doing business when given money. I feel he wasnt given any funds in the last season he was in charge at spurs and was only given scraps as the chairman clearly didnt agree with him on the players he wanted to sign, with next to no budget he signed a bunch of free transfers and Parker for 2.5 mill and took us to 4th which isnt bad.. You could almost see Levy was looking past 'arry. When 'arry came in when we were bottom he actually had a budget and signed the likes of Palacios and Defoe for big money and those players took us up the league. Probably his only turkey was Keaneo.

Last edited:
Great questions, I'll do my best to offer some contribution to them...
Apologies, if there's already a thread on this specifiic topic.

So it seems Loic Remy is signing for QPR, after having been heavily linked to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and seemingly already rejected QPR as he didn't want to be in a relegation dogfight (i.e. QPR in a worse position when compared to Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

To me there are a number of questions that arise from this transfer:

• 8m for a supposedly decent striker seems like it could have been good business for us; why are we not in for him with our paucity of options up front; plus Remy seems to be able to play in a front 3 or on the wing by all accounts

I believe he was considered too expensive, and too much of a gamble, for the money. 8 mill here and 7 mill there for us would absolutely leave us stretched in the summer IMO.

• Does this QPR move show that it was in fact Harry that was really keen on him at Spurs all along and Levy/the board were not? If this is the case, what makes him so loved by Harry?

I believe so, yes. And I believe again, had Harry been signed up to manage us for 3 years, we'd have seen him.

• would it be fair to say his £80k wage would be far too steep for us given his current level?

Good question. It's on the border that's for sure.

• would Remy have in fact accepted a lower wage seeing as he coming to a club 'going places' and he is being put into a situation where his arm is being twisted by QPR saying 'yes we're in a relegation dogfight, but look at how much Wonga you can ear?'

In a nutshell, I'd say so. Agents are powerful.

• Actually does this proposed transfer show that Remy is a money-grabbing bleep?

TBF, if QPR survive (and I believe they will) there's nothing to say they won't compete with newcash next season. Plus it's London. Never underestimate location to foreign players.

• There was a report of a tussle between Saudi Sportswashing Machine, QPR and an unnamed third club; could that in fact be us??

Nah. My guess would've been the dippers.

Overall it seems that paying 8m for another forward player that has shown he can score regularly in January to add to our relatively thin forward options is a no-brainer; those of you who study AVB's tactics and methods closely, could Remy fit into an AVB team?

Is he a consistent goalscorer though? And in terms of player, I'd say Willian is far more an AVB player than Remy.

A less responsible site owner would probably answer most of those questions with "Agent. Backhander".

I'm not one, so I won't.

he had a potential heart condition.. we discovered this during a medical whilst redknapp was in charge.. that would have killed levys interest there and then i imagine.

I'm guessing Remy has a clause in case they get relegated which is probably when Levy will step in, should AvB rate him.

Fair play to QPR, they are giving this relegation fight some real funding.

I'm guessing Remy has a clause in case they get relegated which is probably when Levy will step in, should AvB rate him.

Fair play to QPR, they are giving this relegation fight some real funding.

Only the fourth transfer window in a row they're doing that. Fair? Not really.

he's been injured most of the season, not on form at all now he's back. Harry says he wasn't keen on QPR until the last minute (increase in his salary by £20k a week).

Marseille are happy to get rid of him for half the price they were asking last season.

Have the alarm bells stopped ringing yet?

Perhaps AVB does not rate him and has better targets lined up (Willian?).

Perhaps Levy at the time thought the asking price was excessive

Absolutely - that would probably make him one of our top earners and he's nowhere near that talent/ability-wise

Doubt it - Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in Europe this spring, massive stadium, fanbase, fighting for EL every season, yet he still chose the money instead.

Include agents in here

Doubt it - Levy would not be held cuckold by greedy agents and bent so and sos

So Harry has said last season he went and saw Remy a few times when he was manager of us, he also said he spent 3 or 4 hours talking to Remy, surely this is major tapping up, we all know it happens but talk about be obvious about it H ??

Think that if he is turning down Saudi Sportswashing Machine to play for QPR then it tells you all you need to know about Remy, his motivations and why we aren't in for him.

Said at the time i thought it was a 'Redknapp' deal and i guess that has now been proven to be the case?

Think that if he is turning down Saudi Sportswashing Machine to play for QPR then it tells you all you need to know about Remy, his motivations and why we aren't in for him.

Said at the time i thought it was a 'Redknapp' deal and i guess that has now been proven to be the case?

I'm not so sure.

Seems very likely that he has some relegation release clause where he will be able to leave QPR fairly cheaply if they get relegated.

As long as he does well he will be able to find another good club in the summer, just look at Ba post West Ham. Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren't a big club, they just sold Ba and Ben Arfa and Collocini are both making noises about leaving for different reasons. As long as QPR keep spending money like this I could see them overtake Saudi Sportswashing Machine next year or the year after that as long as they don't go down this season, and if they do go down Remy will just find a new club.

Of course money also played a part, it always does, but I don't think this says much if anything about Remy's character compared to other footballers.

We don't think he's good enough. I don't see the big mystery.

And he's never been good enough.
He's definitely not what we need now.

He need a consistent striker who can hold the ball up.
Or we need a player with vision who can unlock a 10 man defence.

Remy is a fast striker who can play on the wing, has a decent shot. He's a wiltord.
He cant hold the ball up effectively. He isnt the greatest passer of the ball. He's can't create a chance from nothing for another player like VDV or Modric could.

He is not what we need in our team.

Back