• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy - questions

:ross:
You know, Santa delivered my pressies this Xmas too...

I don't understand this comment Steff, and I don't understand the story Jordinho pasted about Fernandes playing Fifa 12 with Remy.

Surely I am missing a joke somewhere, but what is going on here?

No, I'm happy to explain. Harry has one set of principles when it comes to transfer policy. Levy has another. Which you prefer is your call But they are very, very different. That was basically the jist of what I'm saying.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I find it interesting that those who have expressed a deeper affection for Harry than others are curiously silent when it comes to tactically discussing/evaluating his squad at QPR. There's some (IMO) interesting discussions going on over in that "Harry' thread again, so come on over ;)

By deeper affection, do u mean don't irrationally hate him for absolutely no reason at all? I'd imagine most people with a brain see no reason not to think of him as a good man who did a great job for us, and gave us more entertainment than the current boss is. People insinuate he is dodgy, but he is the most investigated manager ever and they found nothing. I hate to think of what u will say about AVB after the new manager period has worn off.

As for QPR - brick squad. I didn't realise how bad it was until I saw the team sheet against us. They have a lot of players well past their best. HR is trying to bring in young quick players but it might be too late given the gap. Although they might get lucky if Southampton go on a massive losing run with the new manager. I give Harry more of a chance than most, they have some tough fixtures and will be well off the pace after the next 6/7. March/ April will be the period they possibly go on a run.

Djibril Cisse was good for them for half a season last year too, had a better record in France as well.

Last edited:
Personally I have no problem with us not signing Remy, I just find it hard to believe that there is not a striker somewhere in the world that we can afford without bankrupting us, that will not drastically improve us offensively

Personally I have no problem with us not signing Remy, I just find it hard to believe that there is not a striker somewhere in the world that we can afford without bankrupting us, that will not drastically improve us offensively

trouble is, potentially we're going to be a one forward in the line up side (433/451 whatever) next season, so do we sign a player to compete with those two or sign a player to push in front of them in the pecking order? personally i think we're looking to do the latter, but that is a tricky situation. firstly you have to find a player that is a level or so better than Defoe and Adebayor, then you have to prepare for the fall out when one or either of our previous forwards don't take too well to being gazumped in the team.

absolutely no point in signing a player at the same level as these two for a short term solution when we possibly are going to only be playing 1 at a time from next season and when we are also quite possibly going to be in the market for a player a level or two higher in the summer.

trouble is, potentially we're going to be a one forward in the line up side (433/451 whatever) next season, so do we sign a player to compete with those two or sign a player to push in front of them in the pecking order? personally i think we're looking to do the latter, but that is a tricky situation. firstly you have to find a player that is a level or so better than Defoe and Adebayor, then you have to prepare for the fall out when one or either of our previous forwards don't take too well to being gazumped in the team.

absolutely no point in signing a player at the same level as these two for a short term solution when we possibly are going to only be playing 1 at a time from next season and when we are also quite possibly going to be in the market for a player a level or two higher in the summer.

It is a no brainer, of course we have to sign a player better than both Defoe and Ade.

But would we still sign that player if we did not make CL football? And why the fudge could we not sign such a player last summer instead of putting all our eggs in the Adebayor basket who has so far been underwhelming this season

I don't understand this comment Steff, and I don't understand the story Jordinho pasted about Fernandes playing Fifa 12 with Remy.

Surely I am missing a joke somewhere, but what is going on here?

Oblique, yes. I was suggesting that if I believe a game of FIFA with Tony Fernandes showed Remy how 'human' he was, and that THIS is what swung his decision rather than the much larger weekly pay-packet Mr Fernandes threw at him versus Saudi Sportswashing Machine's offer, then I would also believe that the pressies I got at Xmas this year came from Santa. EDIT: I don't believe Remy.

But would we still sign that player if we did not make CL football? And why the fudge could we not sign such a player last summer instead of putting all our eggs in the Adebayor basket who has so far been underwhelming this season

perhaps you should have lent the club your crystal ball that showed you in the summer that Adebayor, who scored 17 and assisted 11(?) last season in the league, would have a poor injury blighted season this year?

It is a no brainer, of course we have to sign a player better than both Defoe and Ade.

right, so how many players better than Defoe and Adebayor are both available and affordable?

and out of those - which ones would be allowed to leave their clubs in the January transfer window?

Last edited:
8 mil and "equivalent to defoe" is a good buy, considering defoe's age and that we could still ship him out for some money. its like renewing a lease at a good rate.

According to the BBC he has been arrested on suspicion of rape, police say.

I really do think these guys should get anonymity before they found guilty or innocent. Very easy to throw mud at someone, obviously we have no idea whether he is innocent or guilty at this stage.

I really do think these guys should get anonymity before they found guilty or innocent. Very easy to throw mud at someone, obviously we have no idea whether he is innocent or guilty at this stage.

Tend to agree with this... should be anonymity on all parties until the trial

Back