• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Leicester v Tottenham Hotspur OMT ***

when did we last come back from a losing position? we have lost games that we were leading though….
Quite badly too
You mean because we was actually motivated enough to put in a performance against City and win without having to concede? Or were we just not motivated, but our super talented defence just found it so easy to not concede against them? Fact is we are inconsistent, win some and lose some because we have some good players who on their day are good enough to put in a performance but no week in week out. And labelling it as they aren’t trying for the manager is just lazy…..

Last edited:
Yep, this is an easy cliché that's gets trotted out far too much. I didn't see a lack of effort yesterday, I saw a lack of basic footballing ability, as is usually the case when we have a poor result.
There was a CLEAR difference in the work rate and passion shown yesterday compared to last week! If you can't see that, you need to go to Specsavers!
Last week every player busted a gut to get back into position, chasing players down. There were high fives and chest bumps after tackles and blocks. They were flying in from all angles to block/prevent shots.

I didn't see ANYTHING of that yesterday! Players just strolling back after losing the ball, backing up and standing 2-3 meters off, allowing shots (that mostly went flying in the back of the net), no attempts to close down and block.
All in all it was a MASSIVE difference!
And it's all in the mental approach! They thought we could win without the passion and aggression we showed against City. We need the level we showed against City in EVERY game, and I seriously wonder when the players will fathom that. After every defeat they say we must learn from it, but they obviously don't!

If he hadn't smashed Haaland, Haaland wouldn't have been so quiet the rest of the game. That tackle was an important marker. Maybe he could have achieved the same while being slightly less rash, but I'm totally fine with leaving a mark on a dangerous player.
You gain something and lose something. All in all, I think he came out on top.
Nah sorry, it was pointless and reckless. If you are going to do that, tackle haarland cleanly and leave something on him. Do it cleverly tread on his toes for example, not something as blatant as clearing him out. Lamela was a master at this. And it wasn't that tackle that made Harland ineffective. It was that City failed time and again to play him in early. Instead they did their usual tippy tappy 300 hundred touches before getting the ball in the box. Which we and other teams this season are more comfortable defending against when they don't have plyers capable of running behind the backline like they have done in the past. It's why I worry they will not overturn Arsenal this year. Hope I am wrong on that one.

Last edited:
There was a CLEAR difference in the work rate and passion shown yesterday compared to last week! If you can't see that, you need to go to Specsavers!
Last week every player busted a gut to get back into position, chasing players down. There were high fives and chest bumps after tackles and blocks. They were flying in from all angles to block/prevent shots.

I didn't see ANYTHING of that yesterday! Players just strolling back after losing the ball, backing up and standing 2-3 meters off, allowing shots (that mostly went flying in the back of the net), no attempts to close down and block.
All in all it was a MASSIVE difference!
And it's all in the mental approach! They thought we could win without the passion and aggression we showed against City. We need the level we showed against City in EVERY game, and I seriously wonder when the players will fathom that. After every defeat they say we must learn from it, but they obviously don't!

Bolded bit, that's what winning teams have. Winning teams don't waste energy running around fistbumping, chest beating and all that rubbish, they focus on the game and each other.
Small teams having a good game do the showy stuff.

Winning teams don't waste energy running around fistbumping, chest beating and all that rubbish
You're so wrong there. It increases team spirit, and keeps you on your toes. Every top level player/team does it. I've seen it countless times from the likes of VVD, Ramos, Terry, Bonucci, Chiellini etc. If those aren't top level, I don't know who is. Saving a goal is equally important to scoring, so no reason not to "celebrate" it a little.

You mean because we was actually motivated enough to put in a performance against City and win without having to concede? Or were we just not motivated, but our super talented defence just found it so easy to not concede against them? Fact is we are inconsistent, win some and lose some because we have some good players who on their day are good enough to put in a performance but no week in week out. And labelling it as they aren’t trying for the manager is just lazy…..
We played great last week
Big difference was no clame on the sidelines and a clear plan for the players
We didn’t come back from behind…
We didn’t falter and have no plan B

You're so wrong there. It increases team spirit, and keeps you on your toes. Every top level player/team does it. I've seen it countless times from the likes of VVD, Ramos, Terry, Bonucci, Chiellini etc. If those aren't top level, I don't know who is. Saving a goal is equally important to scoring, so no reason not to "celebrate" it a little.

They do it in a very understated and casual manner, emphasising and building on a team spirit already there.

exactly the sane impact on the relative score line, should be celebrated the same way

saying that, goals are over celebrated imo, as the context of the final result normally isn’t there

We played great last week
Big difference was no clame on the sidelines and a clear plan for the players
We didn’t come back from behind…
We didn’t falter and have no plan B
I agree with what you say here. But that is very different from saying the players arent motivated under Conte. Conte has some clear criticisms to take on - consistently playing Son, lack of change when two goals behind, Tanganga ahead of Sanchez etc. I just don’t buy into not playing for the manager etc We just don’t have a team good enough to put in consistent performances. I bet away to Milan or next league game against West Ham we put in a very good performance and there will be no one questioning if players are trying for the manager…..

I agree with what you say here. But that is very different from saying the players arent motivated under Conte. Conte has some clear criticisms to take on - consistently playing Son, lack of change when two goals behind, Tanganga ahead of Sanchez etc. I just don’t buy into not playing for the manager etc We just don’t have a team good enough to put in consistent performances. I bet away to Milan or next league game against West Ham we put in a very good performance and there will be no one questioning if players are trying for the manager…..
Ah that’s different
I didn’t say that
I said they aren’t motivated
That’s because conte isn’t going his job
Not that they don’t want to play for him
He has to earn his money. Give the team a plan they understand and can execute. Get them playing in a Smarter way that they can actually play. then they will be more motivated as they won’t be as confused/stressed/lost
The team look lost under conte way too often. He shouts louder than anyone barking his demands. If they were coached better the uh would know what he wants before starting the game

exactly the sane impact on the relative score line, should be celebrated the same way

saying that, goals are over celebrated imo, as the context of the final result normally isn’t there

You really are an enigma. You love clean sheets and boring 1-0’s but two of your favourite players are Dier and Sanchez. It just doesn’t compute at all :D

If he hadn't smashed Haaland, Haaland wouldn't have been so quiet the rest of the game. That tackle was an important marker. Maybe he could have achieved the same while being slightly less rash, but I'm totally fine with leaving a mark on a dangerous player.
You gain something and lose something. All in all, I think he came out on top.
To my eyes, and the analysis on MOTD, Haaland was quiet because his team mates didn’t pass the ball to him. By all means leave a mark on a player, but the challenge for the first yellow was not smart.

Fans always want that and they’re important attributes to have but surely being able to do the job and actually defend are what’s most important?

You don’t get to play in the PL if you can’t, I can forgive mistakes from players who put the effort in, I can’t forgive lack of effort from players even if they are technically superior.

You don’t get to play in the PL if you can’t, I can forgive mistakes from players who put the effort in, I can’t forgive lack of effort from players even if they are technically superior.

All players make mistakes but when they repeatedly make mistakes at an alarming rate then it’s clear they are not the level we require them to be. They’re both PL quality but they’re more suited to teams like Everton or Bournemouth rather than a team who aspires to challenge for trophies.

All players make mistakes but when they repeatedly make mistakes at an alarming rate then it’s clear they are not the level we require them to be. They’re both PL quality but they’re more suited to teams like Everton or Bournemouth rather than a team who aspires to challenge for trophies.

that’s not the criteria for being a “favourite” though is it, we like who we like

some people like Dennis cirkin

Back