• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Leicester v Tottenham Hotspur OMT ***

How many players talk positively about him when he leaves? lukakus the only one I can recall
I think that’s horsebrick. Is that how you measure a manager’s worth? “How many players talk positively about him”? Not the kind of thing I’d be arsed researching but off the top of my head Fabregas spoke very highly of him. I’ve no doubt there are plenty more. Attack him on style of football and/or results.

He isn't even near the worse at Spurs, Bentacur is and he showed it again with his yellow in the first 15 mins today. His first Red card for us only 8 yellows all last season

He isn't anywhere near what people paint hi. out to be in terms of discipline

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I’d be critical of Romero’s aggression but this is actually true. He gets a lot of yellows for overly aggressive challenges but he always manages himself very well afterwards. Last Sunday he was unfortunate that he was hung out to dry with a dreadful pass by Davies and poor control by PEH that left him needing to make a challenge.

I’d be critical of Romero’s aggression but this is actually true. He gets a lot of yellows for overly aggressive challenges but he always manages himself very well afterwards. Last Sunday he was unfortunate that he was hung out to dry with a dreadful pass by Davies and poor control by PEH that left him needing to make a challenge.
If he hadn’t picked up a thick yellow for a needless hack at Haaland 15 or so yards in their half that tackle would have not seen him march. You can’t blame it all on the mistakes that lead up to the second caution.

Last edited:
If he hadn’t picked up a think yellow for a needless hack at Haaland 15 or so yards in their half that tackle would have not seen him march. You can’t blame it all on the mistakes that lead up to the second caution.

Yeah I think that's fair comment. It was needless and I called it as such at the time. And he does it too often. I think that's his first red for us though so my point was, yeah he gets reckless yellows but he usually manages his game well after he's booked. Sunday, he was left exposed by some dreadful basic play by others.

your trying to deflect from conte
2 of that back 3 were outstanding last week
Maybe you missed that game
The difference was we were much organised

@DubaiSpur...I think in your continued tirade of hate against Dier, you've missed several frankly fudging awful things before a ball was kicked.

1) Our keeper out. Our RCB out. So we bring in the SLOWER and less positionally aware understudy and pair him up with a debutant plus reserve keeper? Three sessions together tops?

2) This in turn renders Deccy half as effective.

3) You give Dier license to push up, yet have an inexperienced clown show behind him when he gets caught with the turning speed of the Valdez? Not smart.

4) Whatever about Sanchez, him, Royal and Deki were part of three clean sheets to end last season. Away from home? THAT'S what we should be doing.

Again, FWIW I wholly agree that Dier was very poor today.

It's both. Today (and many previous defeats) was just about mentality. We didn't work as hard or concentrate as much as we did vs City last week. Leicester wanted to win more than we did.
That's both players and managers fault.

With Conte's system, every piece has to be on point and every fully functioning. We were two pieces down before KO and selection compounded that.

No better the day after on MOTD. Defenders crap, no protection from midfield either who were crap...again flooded by the other side in that area of the game.

Nice to see Porro pay tribute to Burt Bacharach with his Diane Warwick reprise

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I do understand those saying Conte out etc, hell I’ve said it myself before after a poor display. But let’s not forget we are going through a rebuild which is going to be a bumpy provide and provide many inconsistencies - ask Liverpool, ask Chelsea! Even cast your minds back to when Poch got sacked - we were flirting with relegation then.

Yet here we are, going through that rebuild now and two points off fourth place albeit having played a game more. Saudi Sportswashing Machine won’t be as consistent this half of the season, and we are still in two cups so plenty for play for. Yes the football can be better, but Conte has been dealt a rough hand with injuries and we saw second half of the season what a Conte team can do when firing on all cylinders.

Best just to get behind Conte and the team for the rest of the season and take stock then of where we are. I’m pretty sure that’s what Levy and Conte himself will be doing, so we might aswell all get behind it the best we can. Will be plenty more bumps in the road this season, but still plenty to play for…..

The manager has a duty
The fact he doesn’t change anything repeatedly is on him
Conte did take Dier out before. Iirc we lost and looked bad without Dier too. Dier is our best in the ccb role and that says a lot about our ability to invest in quality across the team.

Perhaps with the budget available we should be aiming for top 6and getting the right coach and players for it.

Going for top 4 on a budget will require heavy compromise. More so now considering sovereign and consortia financing :)

Wow hard to believe this result, I'm only thankful I didn't watch a second of it.

Seeing the Son stats I don't understand how's he's still starting when we have Rich fit and on the bench, Danjuma as well. Must be pretty de-motivating to not start ahead of him.
Yep,I don't get it..are they not fit? If they are ..that's a few pennies down the drain + possible 3 points lost. What's Conte doing.. you have to play your best players to win games! Maybe he's saving them for CL?

Conte did take Dier out before. Iirc we lost and looked bad without Dier too. Dier is our best in the ccb role and that says a lot about our ability to invest in quality across the team.

Perhaps with the budget available we should be aiming for top 6and getting the right coach and players for it.

Going for top 4 on a budget will require heavy compromise. More so now considering sovereign and consortia financing :)
But it doesn’t
Teams have spent more are below us
Teams who haven’t spent as much are above us
It’s not about money
It’s about coaching the players to play the way he wants
And making better calls to change games
We lost to a team yesterday that didn’t cost as much as ours, but were better coached and, more key, motivated

I do understand those saying Conte out etc, hell I’ve said it myself before after a poor display. But let’s not forget we are going through a rebuild which is going to be a bumpy provide and provide many inconsistencies - ask Liverpool, ask Chelsea! Even cast your minds back to when Poch got sacked - we were flirting with relegation then.

Yet here we are, going through that rebuild now and two points off fourth place albeit having played a game more. Saudi Sportswashing Machine won’t be as consistent this half of the season, and we are still in two cups so plenty for play for. Yes the football can be better, but Conte has been dealt a rough hand with injuries and we saw second half of the season what a Conte team can do when firing on all cylinders.

Best just to get behind Conte and the team for the rest of the season and take stock then of where we are. I’m pretty sure that’s what Levy and Conte himself will be doing, so we might aswell all get behind it the best we can. Will be plenty more bumps in the road this season, but still plenty to play for…..
The rebuild has or happen regardless who is in charge
There will be money spent on that
The issue is that clame ain’t motivating anyone currently to play his way

If he hadn’t picked up a thick yellow for a needless hack at Haaland 15 or so yards in their half that tackle would have not seen him march. You can’t blame it all on the mistakes that lead up to the second caution.
If he hadn't smashed Haaland, Haaland wouldn't have been so quiet the rest of the game. That tackle was an important marker. Maybe he could have achieved the same while being slightly less rash, but I'm totally fine with leaving a mark on a dangerous player.
You gain something and lose something. All in all, I think he came out on top.

If he hadn't smashed Haaland, Haaland wouldn't have been so quiet the rest of the game. That tackle was an important marker. Maybe he could have achieved the same while being slightly less rash, but I'm totally fine with leaving a mark on a dangerous player.
You gain something and lose something. All in all, I think he came out on top.
He did
We won
If we think losing yesterday was because we lost Romero we have massive issues

@DubaiSpur...I think in your continued tirade of hate against Dier, you've missed several frankly fudging awful things before a ball was kicked.

1) Our keeper out. Our RCB out. So we bring in the SLOWER and less positionally aware understudy and pair him up with a debutant plus reserve keeper? Three sessions together tops?

2) This in turn renders Deccy half as effective.

3) You give Dier license to push up, yet have an inexperienced clown show behind him when he gets caught with the turning speed of the Valdez? Not smart.

4) Whatever about Sanchez, him, Royal and Deki were part of three clean sheets to end last season. Away from home? THAT'S what we should be doing.

Again, FWIW I wholly agree that Dier was very poor today.
Ignore ‘today’ mate…. He simply isn’t a good enough player to get us where we want to be (assuming we actually have a desire to win trophies). He is a limited footballer who is neither a good enough defender or good enough on the ball to play as the ‘spare’ central player in a back 3 (or as one of 2 CBs either for that matter). We desperately need to upgrade him and have needed to do so for multiple transfer windows now.

The rebuild has or happen regardless who is in charge
There will be money spent on that
The issue is that clame ain’t motivating anyone currently to play his way
The ‘players aren’t trying’ claim always comes up when a team has s going through a rough patch.

So the players aren’t motivated, yet they keep coming back from losing positions? Nah….

The ‘players aren’t trying’ claim always comes up when a team has s going through a rough patch.

So the players aren’t motivated, yet they keep coming back from losing positions? Nah….

when did we last come back from a losing position? we have lost games that we were leading though….
Quite badly too

Back