• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

i think the correct answer on Walker lies somewhere between the two extremes being offered from either side.

he has shown some potential but has also shown he is far from the finished article - maybe some are forgetting this is his first full season in the premiership (before this he was on loan in the Championship) and should be afforded some slack for his frailties, had Corluka not been loaned out to get game time in for the Euro's (think we made a mistake there and should have been more selfish to our own needs) then Walker would have got some much needed time off this half of the season

*forgot he was at Villa for 6 months (?)

Last edited:
i think the correct answer on Walker lies somewhere between the two extremes being offered from either side.

he has shown some potential but has also shown he is far from the finished article - maybe some are forgetting this is his first season in the premiership (before this he was on loan in the Championship) and had Corluka not been loaned out to get game time in for the Euro's (think we made a mistake there and should have been more selfish to our own needs) then Walker would have got some much needed time off

That's more like it

Better than writing him off like some of the 'fans' on here

If he's good enough for G Nev.....he's good enough for me

Apparently Gary Neville used to be a defender

You asked me how many titles the clubs that Steve Carr had played for had achieved

I responded by pointing out you can be a quality player and NOT play for a team that wins the league every year

Scroll to the top of the page and read your question again

Carr never played for a big club. We weren't big when he played for us. Neither were Saudi Sportswashing Machine. A big club is one that challenges for honours on a regular basis.

That's more like it

Better than writing him off like some of the 'fans' on here

If he's good enough for G Nev.....he's good enough for me

Apparently Gary Neville used to be a defender

it's fudging stupid for anyone to be writing him off at this stage of his career - and judging by this thread it's the same people that are quick to write off other players as well, piping up any time the player does something badly in a match blowing it all out of proportion

MK so far has on his list : Walker, Kaboul and Ekotto - each and every game these 3 play, you can be guaranteed to see him making a mountain out of a molehill over 'losing a marker' 'being out of position' etc etc as though no other defender in the premiership makes these mistakes - im all for giving players a lashing if and when it's appropriate, but fudge me we're fourth in the league with pretty much an average GA column compared to the rest of the top 6 and these 3 have been almost ever presents in the back 4 - something just doesn't quite add up with the criticism they recieve

Last edited:
it's fudging stupid for anyone to be writing him off at this stage of his career - and judging by this thread it's the same people that are quick to write off other players as well, piping up any time the player does something badly in a match blowing it all out of proportion

MK so far has on his list : Walker, Kaboul and Ekotto - each and every game these 3 play, you can be guaranteed to see him making a mountain out of a molehill over 'losing a marker' 'being out of position' etc etc as though no other defender in the premiership makes these mistakes - im all for giving players a lashing if and when it's appropriate, but fudge me we're fourth in the league with pretty much an average GA column compared to the rest of the top 6 and these 3 have been almost ever presents in the back 4 - something just doesn't quite add up with the criticism they recieve

One word - frequency.

And I have often had the argument on here that I don't believe professional Premiership players improve that much from the moment they break into the first team to the end of their career. Improvements made are refinements, not huge leaps. So if a player has terrible position at 20, he'll have very poor positioning at 30.

One word - frequency.

And I have often had the argument on here that I don't believe professional Premiership players improve that much from the moment they break into the first team to the end of their career. Improvements made are refinements, not huge leaps. So if a player has terrible position at 20, he'll have very poor positioning at 30.

i will give you the fact you are consistent :p

i dunno how much football you watch outside of THFC but id be surprised if you watch enough to make a fair comparison for each of those players with their counterparts - keeping in mind you'd have to watch close to 90 minutes (for each player) to gain a fair look at what mistakes these players are making.

personally i think you have a ridiculously high standard that you rate our defensive players to - it comes across as though you expect nigh on a faultless games from each

im not sold that players can't improve between 20-30, especially in area's id consider to be 'coachable' - defensive position etc

Last edited:
What I ve noticed on this board is that some people rate pace over everything else.

Walker is an average defender with excellent pace,very limited technical ability and poor link up play.If he didnt have that lightning pace,he wouldt be anywhere near the premiership.
His defensive side of the game will probably improve still a bit,but there is no way he will ever become this great full back as some of the people here think he will be.

What I ve noticed on this board is that some people rate pace over everything else.

Walker is an average defender with excellent pace,very limited technical ability and poor link up play.If he didnt have that lightning pace,he wouldt be anywhere near the premiership.
His defensive side of the game will probably improve still a bit,but there is no way he will ever become this great full back as some of the people here think he will be.

Spot on, sense at last.

Walker's come in leaps and bounds this season - one of our most consistent performers, imv

I think he stands a good chance of coming 2nd behind Aguero (if those poll results are released of course)

Sorry mate but how can you call walker one of our most consistent performers then slate bae? Walker has cost us more goals than bae by some margin imv

Sorry mate but how can you call walker one of our most consistent performers then slate bae? Walker has cost us more goals than bae by some margin imv

I disagree. Can recall at least 7-8 goals off-hand were BAE was directly at fault. Walker was poor against Utd last one I remember. Which other ones can you name just out of interest

Corluka is the most consistent player we have at the club. Both Walker and Corluka are good players with very different sets of attributes. Right now I'd much prefer to see Corluka in the team, and I think that letting him go out on loan has been costly.

Corluka is gone. Leverkusen have an option to buy him. They'd be stupid not to.
Can we have a Walker vs Naughton thread argument instead.

wow, the stuff on Carr in this thread is unbelievably revisionist ! A player who won the PFA RB of the year twice playing for Spurs, in the same era as G Neville (who I rate extremly highly).

I'm guessing it's based on him being out of position quite a bit (in the traditional RB sense of the meaning) because he was about our only decent attacking outlet. Our team was set up so that it allowed Carr to roam forward, he will always leave space behind him when bombing on to help in attack. He was played as an attacking full back, if your expecting him to be in line with our CB's all game then your not understanding the tactic or formation of playing this system.

This maybe part of the reason why some rate Walker and others think he's defensively brick. He's essentially not playing in exactly the same position as Corluka does when he plays. Walker will be found much further up the pitch than Corluka as that's his attacking style, whereas Corluka hangs further back and attacks using passes to his RW.

Personally I think I prefer an on form Corluka, but Walker is a very useful player, he just doesn't look as fresh in the last month or so because of the ridiculous decision to loan out his only cover / opportunity to rest.

It wouldn't surprise me if Harry thought Corluka was the better player currently - but thought Walker had the potential to be better.

Unfortunately the gamble hasn't really paid off.

It wouldn't surprise me if Harry thought Corluka was the better player currently - but thought Walker had the potential to be better.

Unfortunately the gamble hasn't really paid off.

Excuse me but how on earth hasn't it paid off?

He's had a storming first season, England MotM perormance, Nominated for PFA Young Player, Looks set for the Euros, numerous great games for us. You make it sound like he's bloody failed us or something

Corluka achieved fudge all in his time and was dropped for Alan bloody Hutton (!) in the end

What an utter joke

Back