• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I think some people need to revisit the 08/09 season and the first part of 09/10 and watch our games.
It's a shame that the old board is gone,the old match rating threads show just how consistent Corluka was

He was superb. For a defender he is so composed on the ball, plays it simple rather than hoofing it down the line (yes Ekotto, I am talking about you) or even rarer for a full back will actually play measured through balls. He was also excellent going forward in a support capacity. He provided excellent width and always seemed to do what was best for the team. No dumb gung ho runs from him. And defensively? Very solid. Despite an obvious lack of agility and pace, he almost always stood up and forced the crosser to pass backwards or cut onto their weaker foot.

For me one of Harry's biggest mistakes was picking Walker and Hutton over him. It's obvious that Harry wants a gung ho style right back (he also had Glen Johnson who is similar to Walker/Hutton but better), but I personally think that when Lennon has a supporting full back he plays a lot better and we look better balanced and more solid.

And then he became brick.....consistently

It happens....

Which is why he's not here, and Kyle is

He got inured and then Redknapp decided to stick with Walker, who in my opinion hasn't been up to the job since day one. I respect Harry's decision, but I don't agree with it. Corluka has being doing really well out on loan, and I wish him well for the future. I just hope that if Corluka goes in the Summer we buy a new first team right back to replace him.

He was superb. For a defender he is so composed on the ball, plays it simple rather than hoofing it down the line (yes Ekotto, I am talking about you) or even rarer for a full back will actually play measured through balls. He was also excellent going forward in a support capacity. He provided excellent width and always seemed to do what was best for the team. No dumb gung ho runs from him. And defensively? Very solid. Despite an obvious lack of agility and pace, he almost always stood up and forced the crosser to pass backwards or cut onto their weaker foot.

For me one of Harry's biggest mistakes was picking Walker and Hutton over him. It's obvious that Harry wants a gung ho style right back (he also had Glen Johnson who is similar to Walker/Hutton but better), but I personally think that when Lennon has a supporting full back he plays a lot better and we look better balanced and more solid.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corluka ambles over to the winger, gets touch-tight - but then, for some reason known only to himself, doesn't even bother to hang a leg out to block the cross which is so obviously about to come in. I just DON'T understand why, as a fullback, you'd bother to get that close ... and then not make an effort to stop the cross from coming in? What does he think he's doing out there then?? ](*,) It's like you're watching the laziest defender in the world, so lazy that he can't even be arsed to hide it. Why be a fudging fullback if you're not gonna try stopping balls coming into the box?

The other seriously amateur flaw in his locker, is how flat-footed he used to be, whenever a set-piece would be floated into the box, usually to the far post. There would be Corluka, flat as fudge - standing jump - and in comes the attacker, attacking the ball. fudge me, it's not rock science! It's like he's chosen a square yard of the pitch to defend, and that's where he's gonna stay, regardless of what's going on around him. THAT is so fudging amateur is embarrassing.

If you're a manager and you're sitting watching your fullback not even make an attempt to block crosses, and no attempt to track the flight of the ball into the box, why the hell would you continue putting a liability like that in the team?? Wake yourself up: he was dropped because management could see that, for some reason, he just couldn't be arsed anymore. I don't know why, but stop embarrassing yourself by harping on about how jizztastic he was in the 08/09 season; we're in 11/12 now chaps, wake up and smell the coffee.

Corluka provided absolutely zero attacking prowess for us. Each to their own, but I don't see a footballer walking over the half way line, predictably turning inside and hurriedly offloading to a usually marked Lennon as "excellent going forward". I'm not going to deny that Corluka could cross a ball - he could, but don't dress him up as something he isn't, and never will be. The "support" he gave, was just about getting over the half way line. But the problem, is that he was so fudging slow that he couldn't then recover into a defensive role quick enough and we were liable to counterattacks.

All of the above is so blindingly obvious, and it amazes me when I read nonsense on here about Corluka. He's a seriously average footballer, just like the other footballer who used get nonsensical crap posted about him: Jermaine fudging Jenas. Wake up people: these players are crap, not good enough and they never, ever will be.

Raise Your Standards.

sigh , its a shame that moonlit is the one in corluka's corner....cause he's right that charlie is the better player and the better defender

but please aim your points at MK......i surrender

I think we can all be in agreement, that Gary Neville was one of the outstanding fullbacks of the last 10 years or so? You don't? Okay, well I guess he must've won 19 trophies and 85 caps out of sheer luck then and - really - he was just brick.

Gary Neville was a RB, ie: the same position as Kyle Walker. With respect to all the wannabes on here, none of you have a scalp on someone who's not only played at the very highest level, but has been absolutely outstanding in his position; in essence, Gary Neville's forgotten more about what it takes to be a RB than any of you will ever know.

So, who's he got in his Team of the Year at RB? Ah yes, that's right - it's Kyle Walker.

But of course, why listen to a seasoned professional's expert opinion, when you can come onto the internet and read gibberish instead.

I think we can all be in agreement, that Gary Neville was one of the outstanding fullbacks of the last 10 years or so? You don't? Okay, well I guess he must've won 19 trophies and 85 caps out of sheer luck then and - really - he was just brick.

Gary Neville was a RB, ie: the same position as Kyle Walker. With respect to all the wannabes on here, none of you have a scalp on someone who's not only played at the very highest level, but has been absolutely outstanding in his position; in essence, Gary Neville's forgotten more about what it takes to be a RB than any of you will ever know.

So, who's he got in his Team of the Year at RB? Ah yes, that's right - it's Kyle Walker.

But of course, why listen to a seasoned professional's expert opinion, when you can come onto the internet and read gibberish instead.

Kyle Walker is the best right back in the league?

Good for Gary Neville. But using that argument.......

Jenas was very highly rated by Bobby Robson, a man who lead us to the WC semi finals. Will you therefore concede that you were wrong about him? I'm sure Bobby knows more than you?

Can't believe that some of the people on this forum are so ignorant :D

We set a home record for the fewest goals conceded in the 08/09 season,with 6 clean sheets in a row.Guess who was part of that defense...

And for attacking prowess,this are the goals from the wigan game.Watch the 4th and 6th goal,this is what we have been missing this season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2fn0woJBj0

Good for Gary Neville. But using that argument.......

Jenas was very highly rated by Bobby Robson, a man who lead us to the WC semi finals. Will you therefore concede that you were wrong about him? I'm sure Bobby knows more than you?

Oh right, so you know better than Gary Neville then, do you? :ross:

Tell me: how many Premier League titles, European Cups and International caps have you won, to make you more knowledgeable? Because, I think it's worth listening to someone whose whole career - an incredibly successful career at that - was made by playing the position we're discussing here.

D'you know what, it doesn't surprise me one single bit that you obviously also rate Jermaine Jenas! :lol: Why are some people on here sooooooooo predictable!? As for Bobby Robson - look, I loved Bobby, but remind me how many games he ever played as a midfielder? Likewise, how successful was his managerial career at Saudi Sportswashing Machine?? Bloody hell!

I think it gets a bit embarrassing when you have to reference 'achievements' of 22 years ago, as weight to your opinion. The clue is in there, that it aint all as fantastic as you obviously think it is.

Corluka single handedly lost us the game against POAk - he was torn a new one. The slowest player ever got even slower this season and was never gonna be able to cope in the Premier League.

Tell me: how many Premier League titles, European Cups and International caps have you won, to make you more knowledgeable? Because, I think it's worth listening to someone whose whole career - an incredibly successful career at that - was made by playing the position we're discussing here.

D'you know what, it doesn't surprise me one single bit that you obviously also rate Jermaine Jenas! :lol: Why are some people on here sooooooooo predictable!? As for Bobby Robson - look, I loved Bobby, but remind me how many games he ever played as a midfielder? Likewise, how successful was his managerial career at Saudi Sportswashing Machine?? Bloody hell!

I think it gets a bit embarrassing when you have to reference 'achievements' of 22 years ago, as weight to your opinion. The clue is in there, that it aint all as fantastic as you obviously think it is.

If you go with the "OH BUT GARY NEVILLE SAID THIS",Pele and Maradona are the 2 best players of all time yet they are talking flimflam the whole time.
If you dont see the quality in Corluka,then enjoy Walker for the time being

Corluka single handedly lost us the game against POAk - he was torn a new one. The slowest player ever got even slower this season and was never gonna be able to cope in the Premier League.

Was that the match where Gallas ballsed it up by gifting PAOK possession and a chance to attack on the break?

Can't believe that some of the people on this forum are so ignorant :D

We set a home record for the fewest goals conceded in the 08/09 season,with 6 clean sheets in a row.Guess who was part of that defense...

And for attacking prowess,this are the goals from the wigan game.Watch the 4th and 6th goal,this is what we have been missing this season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2fn0woJBj0

Oh yes, how could I forget 08/09!? Maybe coz we're in 11/12?

Where did we finish in 08/09? Ah - 8th. Hmm.

How about we remember an even better RB, step forward: Paul Stalteri! What a legend ay!? 05/06 - ah-mazing season, and part of a defence which only conceded 38 goals all season, AND we finished 5th - wowzers!11!!

:rolleyes:

I didn't say that did I? I am basically pointing out that it's fine to disagree with the pro's. Why? Because quite often the pro's disagree with one another too.

How about we remember an even better RB, step forward: Paul Stalteri! What a legend ay!? 05/06 - ah-mazing season, and part of a defence which only conceded 38 goals all season, AND we finished 5th - wowzers!11!!

:lol:

GHod we've had some brick at this club.... How we would have loved a Walker in those days.

Corluka played 29 matches in the season we finished 4th,but in 08/09 we achieved a defensive record.
He was our most constant performer for 2 years,but how can we remember that ? its 11/12 now!!!!!!!!

Back