• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I think it is reasonable to expect a premiership player, even in his first full year, to be able to cross a ball that does not hit the first defender. I also think it is not asking too much to expect that said player should at least have the technique to beat a defender. Walker cannot do either!

I think it is reasonable to expect a premiership player, even in his first full year, to be able to cross a ball that does not hit the first defender. I also think it is not asking too much to expect that said player should at least have the technique to beat a defender. Walker cannot do either!

Lennon was equally bad at the beginning, glad we kept him though . . . .

Excuse me but how on earth hasn't it paid off?

He's had a storming first season, England MotM perormance, Nominated for PFA Young Player, Looks set for the Euros, numerous great games for us. You make it sound like he's bloody failed us or something

Corluka achieved fudge all in his time and was dropped for Alan bloody Hutton (!) in the end

What an utter joke

It hasn't paid off because in my opinion Walker hasn't progressed as much as we'd like - and is still costing us chances and goals. Maybe he's the type of player who needs competition for places to keep up his level of performance.

He hasn't failed us, or had a bad season. And he has the potential to be one of the best fullbacks in the league. He just needs to learn from his mistakes.

It hasn't paid off because in my opinion Walker hasn't progressed as much as we'd like - and is still costing us chances and goals. Maybe he's the type of player who needs competition for places to keep up his level of performance.

He hasn't failed us, or had a bad season. And he has the potential to be one of the best fullbacks in the league. He just needs to learn from his mistakes.

I'd say he'd been one of the better RBs in the league this season behind Ivanovic, and Richards

Who in your opinion has peformed to a more consistent level in his position within the PL?

The Corluka/Lennon combo worked because they compliment each other while attacking and defending. Since Lennon has been injured and VDV played right, Walker has been left to take care for the whole right side of the pitch on his own for the most part. This is a big ask and one he's only really able to do because of his amazing pace. And even when Lennon is fit I'm not sure he compliments Walker as they both will try to occupy the same space when attacking. Walker probably needs a right sided midfielder to protect the right back position when he bombs forward rather than a winger.

Walker is going to be fantastic but you have to remember that he's still a newbie in terms of the premiership and will improve with age. I'm sure his crossing and passing will too, as Lennons has.

If Spurs had an option at the end of the loan spell they should recall Charlie. Who else are we going to get this good for his resale value. He gives us options.

Kyle Walker statistics for this season(taken from whoscored.com):

36 apperaces(32PL+4FA cup)
Goals:1
Assists:1
Cards:3 yellow
Man of the Match performances:1

Attacking Stats:

Shots per game:0.6
Average passes:46
Pass percentage:83%
Crosses:0.5 per game
Through balls:0.1 per game
Key passes:0.9 per game

Defensive stats
Aerial duels won:0.9 per game
Tackles:2.6
Interceptions:1.9
Fouls:1.9
Clearances:3.4

Now these stats clearly show that Walker is a primarily a defensive RB.I wont go into all the mistakes he has made,he still has to learn alot in the defensive sense,but he cripples us offensively.
He offers very very little going forward and its showing in our games.Corluka didnt have his speed,but he influenced the game alot more than Walker ever will.

It's safe to say that if Walker wasen't English,he would be nowhere near those PFA lists

I'd say he'd been one of the better RBs in the league this season behind Ivanovic, and Richards

Who in your opinion has peformed to a more consistent level in his position within the PL?

Am i right in saying you think Walker has been consistent this season but BAE has been inconsistent?

Spurs tinted specs I'd say. For example it was clear at the weekend that Boswinga is a lot better than Walker. I'd say that Jones and Smalling are better right back candidates for England and that's them playing out of position! They've both performed better than Walker in that role.

Spurs tinted specs I'd say. For example it was clear at the weekend that Boswinga is a lot better than Walker. I'd say that Jones and Smalling are better right back candidates for England and that's them playing out of position! They've both performed better than Walker in that role.

Jones and Smalling have been better at CB this season - almost any Utd fan would confirm that. And please don't tell me those twins are better than him too

Jones and Smalling have been better at CB this season - almost any Utd fan would confirm that. And please don't tell me those twins are better than him too

There is no doubt that Jones and Smalling have played better at centre half than they have at right back. But that doesn't change the fact that when played at right back they have performed better than Walker. I doubt Jones/Smalling will be the England centre half pairing at the Euro's so I'd expect one of them (Jones is the superior one) to compete with Michah Richards for the role.

I'd say that the Brazilian twins are better than Walker too, but there isn't much in it. They are better going forward, probably equal defensively but aren't as athletic as Walker or as good in the air.

There is no doubt that Jones and Smalling have played better at centre half than they have at right back. But that doesn't change the fact that when played at right back they have performed better than Walker. I doubt Jones/Smalling will be the England centre half pairing at the Euro's so I'd expect one of them (Jones is the superior one) to compete with Michah Richards for the role.

I'd say that the Brazilian twins are better than Walker too, but there isn't much in it. They are better going forward, probably equal defensively but aren't as athletic as Walker or as good in the air.

With all due respect - you're crazy

Excuse me but how on earth hasn't it paid off?

He's had a storming first season, England MotM perormance, Nominated for PFA Young Player, Looks set for the Euros, numerous great games for us. You make it sound like he's bloody failed us or something

Corluka achieved fudge all in his time and was dropped for Alan bloody Hutton (!) in the end

What an utter joke

This. Corluka is brick.

That is one reason why he's not with us any more.

The other reason, is that he knows he's brick, and would spend most of a season warming a bench.

That's exactly why he's not here now, and won't be in the future.

I would try and debate the point with you. But considering you must rate that utter clown in your avatar something tells me it would be a waste of my time trying to get you to understand what makes a good defender.

I think some people need to revisit the 08/09 season and the first part of 09/10 and watch our games.
It's a shame that the old board is gone,the old match rating threads show just how consistent Corluka was

Back