• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

If being the best full back we or England have ever had that was the best at linking up with and releasing Lennon counts as "nothing going forward" then I'm a garden gnome.

-----------

Before the season started I wanted us to play Corluka in the bigger games where his defensive solidity would be more important and Walker in the games against "smaller teams" where his attacking power would benefit us the most, with us looking to probably give Walker more games against better teams as he developed. I never quite understood why we didn't do this. I will again hope for this when the summer comes around again.

Corluka is very underated on here, far better defender than Walker, also supports lennon instead of competing with him, will Walker who is still young turn out to be a good player, possibly but he was pants on Sunday no positional sense at all, I honestly believe that our coaching is poor.

The challenge is, it shouldn't have been one or the other, we could have done fine with Charlie and Walker, if we rotated well.

Walker imo has become a better defender as the season has gone on, but actually goes forward/contributes less attacking now.

I think people have to realize our FBs are left quite exposed with Lennon/VDV or Bale in front of them, roaming across the pitch.

Walker's come in leaps and bounds this season - one of our most consistent performers, imv

I think he stands a good chance of coming 2nd behind Aguero (if those poll results are released of course)

Total nonsense.

Look, Corluka was booted off to Germany because he offered fudge all to us. We all know he's slow - but I can ignore that and see whether other parts of his game make up for it. THEY DON'T. Corluka used amble over to a winger, not bother to stick a challenge in and - what I think is fudging criminal for a fullback - not even make a proper attempt to block the cross which the winger whips in. fudge that! U don't need pace to stick your leg out with some conviction, yet he's too fudging lazy to do it. He lacks heart and it's unacceptable; plenty of set-pieces would drift to the far post, and 'Charlie' would get beaten to the flight of the ball by the incoming attacker. Yet again, you don't need pace to do that - just a fudging brain and some balls. He was/is a very lazy defender, and we don't have the luxury of carrying brick like that.

Is Walker the answer? I think he will be, given time. Some of you forget that he's still very very young; he'll make mistakes, and he'll learn from them. What he has on his side is pace and physique - and in a league where that's soooo important, he has a chance. I've seen enough in Walker to see a future superstar, so I honesty suggest some of you lay off hammering our young players.

Getting rid of deadwood like Corluka WASN'T a mistake. Leverkusen made us an offer, we liked the look of it, and therefore he finds his arse over in Germany. We're he of ANY use to us whatsoever, he'd still be in the squad. That he is nowhere near it, tells you all you ever need to know about him.

Rubbish. Corluka was sent to Leverkusen because he begged Harry to let him go so he would get more game time for the Euros. Plenty of quotes on this, let's not make things up now. Also he didn't get into the squad because he was injured for large parts of the season!!

Leverkusen fans are loving him so he can't be all brick!

Worst decision Redknapp has made. Walker is learning and will go through phases of not being on form. We needed Charlie here and give walker some bench time.

Total nonsense.

Look, Corluka was booted off to Germany because he offered fudge all to us. We all know he's slow - but I can ignore that and see whether other parts of his game make up for it. THEY DON'T. Corluka used amble over to a winger, not bother to stick a challenge in and - what I think is fudging criminal for a fullback - not even make a proper attempt to block the cross which the winger whips in. fudge that! U don't need pace to stick your leg out with some conviction, yet he's too fudging lazy to do it. He lacks heart and it's unacceptable; plenty of set-pieces would drift to the far post, and 'Charlie' would get beaten to the flight of the ball by the incoming attacker. Yet again, you don't need pace to do that - just a fudging brain and some balls. He was/is a very lazy defender, and we don't have the luxury of carrying brick like that.

Is Walker the answer? I think he will be, given time. Some of you forget that he's still very very young; he'll make mistakes, and he'll learn from them. What he has on his side is pace and physique - and in a league where that's soooo important, he has a chance. I've seen enough in Walker to see a future superstar, so I honesty suggest some of you lay off hammering our young players.

Getting rid of deadwood like Corluka WASN'T a mistake. Leverkusen made us an offer, we liked the look of it, and therefore he finds his arse over in Germany. We're he of ANY use to us whatsoever, he'd still be in the squad. That he is nowhere near it, tells you all you ever need to know about him.

Absolutely spot on. Walker had better perfromances in his first half debut season with us than Corluka in his entire career. Never want to see him back at the club

Absolutely spot on. Walker had better perfromances in his first half debut season with us than Corluka in his entire career. Never want to see him back at the club

This, walker makes the odd mistake but also has a very good defensive game. The mistakes will get eroded over time. If we had consistent centre backs they our defence woudld be able to develop a synergy and the mistakes would be less prevailent. Instead we have people running around like blue assed flies out of position, and in high pressure 1 on 1 situations mistakes will happen. It was ridiculous the amount of times our defence was blown open by fairly rudimentary through/long balls

Not even make a proper attempt to block the cross which the winger whips in. fudge that! U don't need pace to stick your leg out with some conviction, yet he's too fudging lazy to do it.

Surely you could be talking about Benny there?

Nominated for PFA young player of the year

Well done Kyle

Can't wait to see him playing for England for the next 5 years

COYS

Do you really think it will take that long for any England manager to suss out he isn't anywhere near international quality? Kyle Walker makes Glen Johnson look like a defensive GHod. The other major difference between them is Johnson is a lot better going forward.....

I can fix this for you. Walker had massively over rated performances because he is young and fast in his first half debut season. I've certainly seen Walker have a few acceptable games. I haven't seen him have a good game. I've seen him have more bad games than acceptable.

Do you really think it will take that long for any England manager to suss out he isn't anywhere near international quality? Kyle Walker makes Glen Johnson look like a defensive GHod. The other major difference between them is Johnson is a lot better going forward.....

You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.

Deadly serious. I think he is awful. He is fast and athletic and therefore loved. His positioning is one of the worst in the Premiership (although depressingly the man in your avatar has worse!) but apparently that doesn't matter because he is an attacking full back. Er, just because he has scored a couple of thunderbolts doesn't mean he is any good going forward. His crossing is brick.

I am not shocked Spurs fans are in awe of him. Stephen Carr was another exceptionally over rated full back at our club for exactly the same attributes. Carr couldn't defend for brick either.

Deadly serious. I think he is awful. He is fast and athletic and therefore loved. His positioning is one of the worst in the Premiership (although depressingly the man in your avatar has worse!) but apparently that doesn't matter because he is an attacking full back. Er, just because he has scored a couple of thunderbolts doesn't mean he is any good going forward. His crossing is brick.

I am not shocked Spurs fans are in awe of him. Stephen Carr was another exceptionally over rated full back at our club for exactly the same attributes. Carr couldn't defend for brick either.

The chairmen and managers that saw fit to play him in 454 professional games (the vast majority at the highest level) should've spoken to you first

Back