• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

At the very least Corluka should be here as back up, in my view if Lennon is playing there is no advantage at all to playing Walker what so ever, five years as England right back, he wont make five years as our right back, he needs to learn how to defend, fudge all this charging forward and putting in a brick cross so that the opposition can immediately play the ball in behind him, full backs must defend, Evra is a good example, if you look at the Utd twins they have curbed 80% of their runs, if your fullbacks stay deep then you are so much better defensively, with Bale and Lennon playing then Walker and Ekotto dont need to leave us so open at the back.

Last edited:
Just on the ex-pro full back issue (their opinion being right as they've played there). What happens if Stuart Pearce chooses Richards or Johnson as RB instead of Walker? That's in direct conflict with what G Neville, another great England FB, has said (and doesn't even take in to account the likes of Ivanovic as he's not elligible for Pearce to pick)?

I like Walker and think he's gonna be good, the boy needs a rest though and Corluka would have provided that opportunity. Injuries and form got hold of Corluka for his last 18 months with us, but before then he was undeniable class, sounds like he's re-discovering it a bit in Germany, I for one hope he comes back.

it is so cool to see "football experts" and "true fans" calling a proffesional Tottenham footballer names, like "a donkey"..."a donkey" that played under injury several times for the club and was one of the consistant players...

Yes, he failed badly couple of times (Young, Marin...) but his style of football was easily recognized...tell me in which way Walker is recognized as a player? Every time i watch him play it is something different, running all around pitch like we dont have formation, he isnt disciplined and professional at all... i can see it people favouring Walker are :either in love for attacking marauding RB who' defensive awarness is equal to 0 or are biased because Walker is english player who scored against Arse so he's unbeliveable hot from a start.

If he was non-english player it would be a brick-storm all over him...lets just remember Dawson and King, guilty for so many goals but they didnt get any stick here other than " Oh gosh, King is ready for retirement..."

You say that Walker will improve over time...i cannot see how will he ever get footballing intelligence to play proffesional football at desired level....he has no positional sense,he doesnt know how to play defence, he is confused with RB role and always gets in way of winger, his crosses and passes are disaster...on the other hand he has strong shot and his speed is unbeliveable and of course "he works hard" c'mon he is working hard because he is always tracking back...Corluka on other hand is a true footballer, postional sense much better, passes and crosses better, stronger in air, he respects all player's rolls on the pitch and co-operate with everyone on the pitch, Corluka can play CB,RB,LB and DM because he understands the game...can Walker ,with his understanding of football, play these positions? Corluka never played DM proffesionaly before , it wasnt best Dm performance ever but it is perfect example of using his understanding of the game to play it...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3xw3t_corluka-plays-in-the-midfield-vs-ne_sport?search_algo=1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x405nw_corluka-plays-midfield-vs-livrpool_sport

corluka's true weakness is his inertia, as sombedy said "turning like a ship"...but that doesnt have to do anything with his speed when running...look at this video, his agility when starting to run (and overall) is disaster but once when gained speed i cannot see players catching up with him and he delivers a cross... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5c1iv_corluka-england-run_sport?search_algo=1

To say it in two sentences "Walker will never be a half footballer Corluka is" or "Corluka will never be a half athlete Walker is"...so if you prefer athleticism lets give Walker a go, otherwise replace him with someone who can play football...

it is so cool to see "football experts" and "true fans" calling a proffesional Tottenham footballer names, like "a donkey"..."a donkey" that played under injury several times for the club and was one of the consistant players...

Yes, he failed badly couple of times (Young, Marin...) but his style of football was easily recognized...tell me in which way Walker is recognized as a player? Every time i watch him play it is something different, running all around pitch like we dont have formation, he isnt disciplined and professional at all... i can see it people favouring Walker are :either in love for attacking marauding RB who' defensive awarness is equal to 0 or are biased because Walker is english player who scored against Arse so he's unbeliveable hot from a start.

If he was non-english player it would be a brick-storm all over him...lets just remember Dawson and King, guilty for so many goals but they didnt get any stick here other than " Oh gosh, King is ready for retirement..."

You say that Walker will improve over time...i cannot see how will he ever get footballing intelligence to play proffesional football at desired level....he has no positional sense,he doesnt know how to play defence, he is confused with RB role and always gets in way of winger, his crosses and passes are disaster...on the other hand he has strong shot and his speed is unbeliveable and of course "he works hard" c'mon he is working hard because he is always tracking back...Corluka on other hand is a true footballer, postional sense much better, passes and crosses better, stronger in air, he respects all player's rolls on the pitch and co-operate with everyone on the pitch, Corluka can play CB,RB,LB and DM because he understands the game...can Walker ,with his understanding of football, play these positions? Corluka never played DM proffesionaly before , it wasnt best Dm performance ever but it is perfect example of using his understanding of the game to play it...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3xw3t_corluka-plays-in-the-midfield-vs-ne_sport?search_algo=1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x405nw_corluka-plays-midfield-vs-livrpool_sport

corluka's true weakness is his inertia, as sombedy said "turning like a ship"...but that doesnt have to do anything with his speed when running...look at this video, his agility when starting to run (and overall) is disaster but once when gained speed i cannot see players catching up with him and he delivers a cross... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5c1iv_corluka-england-run_sport?search_algo=1

To say it in two sentences "Walker will never be a half footballer Corluka is" or "Corluka will never be a half athlete Walker is"...so if you prefer athleticism lets give Walker a go, otherwise replace him with someone who can play football...

Completely disagree with most of that. Grass is always greener, the whole team is playing sub par, ridiculous how Walker is getting singled out for so much grief. To say he won't improve and say defensively he is a 0 just completely undermines any serious point you might have made. I have seen walker put on good defensive displays in numerous games, to rate him that poorly you're evaluating him with a pre-determined bias.

Last edited:
In that one match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine,Corluka showed more talent than Walker has in a season.

It's no coincidence that Lennon was the best right winger in the league when he was getting brilliant through balls from Corluka time after time again.

Of 4 through balls in a game?

How about a phenomenal first PL season earning a few England calls, a MotM peformance against Sweden, being mentioned as the starting RB in June, Read Madrid transfer rumours, and being nominated for the PFA Young Player awards in addition to being one of our more consistent defenders this season?

Of 4 through balls in a game?

How about a phenomenal first PL season earning a few England calls, a MotM peformance against Sweden, being mentioned as the starting RB in June, Read Madrid transfer rumours, and being nominated for the PFA Young Player awards in addition to being one of our more consistent defenders this season?
I knew you wouldn't be able to show me any clips,because there simply arent any.

Corluka was starting for Croatia when he was 19,he gave a MotM performance against Russia away in his first international game,he was linked with AC Milan heavily and was voted 2nd best player on this board in his debut season for Tottenham.

The only consistency in Walker's games are his defensive errors,if he wasent English he wouldnt get anywhere near the PFA lists.There are 5 right backs who have been better than him this season and yet you go on how brilliant he is.

I haven't looked for any clips because that is quite possibly the single most biased a-contextual analysis of a player posssible.

I (much like yourself, I'm sure) watch live games and draw conclusions based on that.

Bar Utd (home) - could you possibly name some of his defensive errors which have resulted directly in goals.

I haven't looked for any clips because that is quite possibly the single most biased a-contextual analysis of a player posssible.

I (much like yourself, I'm sure) watch live games and draw conclusions based on that.

Bar Utd (home) - could you possibly name some of his defensive errors which have resulted directly in goals.

Off the top of my head,Chelsea's 3rd goal where he played someone onside and the Norwich game where he failed to make a decent clearance and it hit King's leg.That's just from the last few games.

But please,you seem to rate Walker so much,just enlighten us and name all his footballing qualities

Chelsea 3rd was shared between King and BAE, imv

Walker is faster, stronger, aerially superior, better athlete, better tackler, closes his man down quicker, doesn't lose his feet against quick, technical players, stays on his feet, doesn't dive, recovers very well, offers great width, takes on players and actually beats them, can beat a player from a standing start, reads the game better, has a decent shot, offers a great dimension to our attacking play and movement, younger.

The only aspect in which Corluka currently excels is delivery but not for long, I'm sure. England's starting RB for the next decade with the right coaching and development.

Last edited:
Chelsea 3rd was shared between King and BAE, imv

Walker is faster, stronger, aerially superior, better athlete, better tackler, closes his man down quicker, doesn't lose his feet against quick, technical players, stays on his feet, doesn't dive, recovers very well, offers great width, takes on players and actually beats them, can beat a player from a standing starts, reads the game better, has a decent shot, offers a great dimension to our attacking play and movement, younger.

The only aspect in which Corluka currently excels is delivery but not for long, I'm sure. England's starting RB for the next decade with the right coaching and development.
fast-his only true "quality"
strong-ok
aerially superior-misjudges headers all the time,let Rooney score one against us
better athlete-see above,fast and strong?
better tackler-makes more tackles than Corluka because he gets caught out more often
closes his man down quicker-see under "fast",Corluka is always tight on his man
doesn't lose his feet against quick, technical players-like Zokora did in the ASton villa game and Corluka came on and kept Young quiet?
stays on his feet, doesn't dive-getting desperate now
recovers very well-file under fast again
offers great width-his width is useless with his crosses
takes on players and actually beats them-he made glenn johnson look world class,he never beats his players with trickery
reads the game better - even the most biased Walker fans will say that is not the case
has a decent shot- except 1 flukey goal all his shots end up way above the bar

all the "qualities" you mentioned,you can sum it up in one sentence : He is fast as hell and because he is so damn fast he will catch most players when they go past him.That is his defensive quality

Last edited:
all the "qualites" you mentioned,you can sum it up in one sentence : He is fast as hell and because he is so damn fast he will catch most players when they go past him.That is his defensive quality

Very simplified and largetly unture but even if we assume that for a second - isn't that the equivalent of saying 'Messi's great ball control is what makes him a great player?'

Why are you seeing that as a negative?

I m not seeing it as a negative,I m glad we have a semi capable full back in our ranks.
I m only baffled why he is rated so highly,even though he lacks so many things,mainly footballing things.He is a great athlete,but not a great footballer.

And yes,Messi's great ball control makes him a great player.Together with his first touch,short and long passing,vision,through balls,acceleration,trickery and finishing.

[video=youtube;W4SM3tGYqnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4SM3tGYqnQ[/video]

[video=youtube;bxUYoq3BXgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxUYoq3BXgc[/video]

[video=youtube;W4SM3tGYqnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4SM3tGYqnQ[/video]

[video=youtube;bxUYoq3BXgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxUYoq3BXgc[/video]

great finish at 0:32,otherwise the video shows him running fast and having a couple of decent shots that should have been saved but went in.

Shame it's such a short video,I thought he would have more highlights considering he is playing for a year and half in the PL now.

I knew you wouldn't be able to show me any clips,because there simply arent any.

Corluka was starting for Croatia when he was 19,he gave a MotM performance against Russia away in his first international game,he was linked with AC Milan heavily and was voted 2nd best player on this board in his debut season for Tottenham.

The only consistency in Walker's games are his defensive errors,if he wasent English he wouldnt get anywhere near the PFA lists.There are 5 right backs who have been better than him this season and yet you go on how brilliant he is.

Did you make that "Beardo" user and make the above post just so it would appear others share your hugely unreasonable and biased opinions of walker?

Did you make that "Beardo" user and make the above post just so it would appear others share your hugely unreasonable and biased opinions of walker?
Not really,if you read the thread carefully you will see that alot of people share the opinion that Corluka should have stayed at the club and probably be playing now instead of Walker

Back