• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

No argument he has the raw talent to become one of the world's best CBs, less sure he has the requisite desire and application.

Personally I never questioned his application until Sherwood was in charge. Regardless, he should have shown a degree of professionalism in the situation. I hope we keep him and get him back to wanting to play, as on his day he is one of the best CB's in the league

You can't compare King to Vertonghen.
King never walked on the pitch and played like he couldnt be arsed.
He performed consistently well regardless of what numbskull was along side him.

On the money.
In fact, when we think of some of the nimrods he paired up with, it's extraordinary.

New Manager new Verts? Yes he was a mardy cow under Sherwood and there is no excuse for it, but let's reverse the argument - Ade by all accounts disrespected AVB who left him out, but new manager clean slate and look how that turned out. I'm not suggesting a new manager will have as big effect on Jan the Man, but I don't think we will see the mardy Verts again next season (unless he's pining for that quick move before the transfer window closes).

Personally if w really want to keep him - the new manager could do a lot worse than make him captain of the team. if he's fit he guaranteed to start for us, he is an elegant defender when motivated, I think it will bring out something in him if he's captain - as much as i like Daws i'd keep him i the squad but not as captain (i'm working on the basis that Kaboom is gone because of his dodgy knees next year).

New Manager new Verts? Yes he was a mardy cow under Sherwood and there is no excuse for it, but let's reverse the argument - Ade by all accounts disrespected AVB who left him out, but new manager clean slate and look how that turned out. I'm not suggesting a new manager will have as big effect on Jan the Man, but I don't think we will see the mardy Verts again next season (unless he's pining for that quick move before the transfer window closes).

Personally if w really want to keep him - the new manager could do a lot worse than make him captain of the team. if he's fit he guaranteed to start for us, he is an elegant defender when motivated, I think it will bring out something in him if he's captain - as much as i like Daws i'd keep him i the squad but not as captain (i'm working on the basis that Kaboom is gone because of his dodgy knees next year).

I had to google that.

I assumed it was a drunken festival where cows get their tits out in exchange for beads.

"No I have a couple years more at Tottenham, I'm happy at Tottenham I'm staying."

"I'm definitely staying at Tottenham whoever the manager is."

"He's (de Boer's) a good manager but there's other good managers. The chairman will make the decision."

From Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated

Blimey first Hugo now vertonghen levy is probably screwing he might actually have to put his hand in his pocket this summer instead of funding our business with selling our best players. Highly unlikely tho.

"No I have a couple years more at Tottenham, I'm happy at Tottenham I'm staying."

"I'm definitely staying at Tottenham whoever the manager is."

"He's (de Boer's) a good manager but there's other good managers. The chairman will make the decision."

From Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated

Sounds as though Vertonghen already knows who it's going to be and it's not De Boer

Blimey first Hugo now vertonghen levy is probably screwing he might actually have to put his hand in his pocket this summer instead of funding our business with selling our best players. Highly unlikely tho.

Without sales there won't be any new arrivals. Simple maths.

For Levy to spend money out of his own pockets he'd first have to take them out of the club only to put them back in.

Talking a nice game Jan, I like it, let's see you start smiling and figuratively ripping your spurs shirt open again!

I think his agents had a go at sniffing out if any bigger club would take him, it's turned out the answers no and he's trying to make up for saying he would question his future.

If it's the Jan from AVB's first season this is great news. If it's the Jan from last season then it's nothing to impressive.

I think and hope he'll be much like the old Jan next season. If I doubted for a second that he wouldn't then it would be quite amusing for us to turn round and say actually we're questioning whether we want you and see how he likes it.

I think his agents had a go at sniffing out if any bigger club would take him, it's turned out the answers no and he's trying to make up for saying he would question his future.

If it's the Jan from AVB's first season this is great news. If it's the Jan from last season then it's nothing to impressive.

I think and hope he'll be much like the old Jan next season. If I doubted for a second that he wouldn't then it would be quite amusing for us to turn round and say actually we're questioning whether we want you and see how he likes it.

It might be amusing to some, but it would also be rather silly. Even though he hasn't been as good this season as his first he was still sorely missed when he was injured this season. Getting rid of him voluntarily would make me seriously ****ed off, not that I think it will happen.

Back