• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

I think Zenit were linked quite heavily with Garay. The idea the reporter has is that if they get Vertonghen, Man UTD will be able to move in for Garay un-challenged.

Can't blame Jan for wanting to go, this club has become a joke in the last year and with no clear directive we will forever see players of his quality come in and then leave after gaining their EPL experience. That in itself causes a bigger problem as the fans will never form a big relationship with the players.

I think Zenit were linked quite heavily with Garay. The idea the reporter has is that if they get Vertonghen, Man UTD will be able to move in for Garay un-challenged.

Can't blame Jan for wanting to go, this club has become a joke in the last year and with no clear directive we will forever see players of his quality come in and then leave after gaining their EPL experience. That in itself causes a bigger problem as the fans will never form a big relationship with the players.

That is a very good point....we can only hope that a manager of the calibre IS coming in this summer AND that Jan (and other key players) know it

The fact that he is now looking around makes me think that he was expecting someone decent and now has lost hope.

On a different tack, who out of our new players have the fans really taken to?? I remember not too long ago a fair few Spurs fans having a bromance with Parker, and were really getting behind the likes of King, BAE, VdV, Bale and Modric. Maybe it's just my own apathy as well as that of the other supporters, but things just don't seem that bright anymore without the players on the pitch that are really into it. VdV for me was the embodiment of this, the man at times almost got the whole Lane going

If Jan goes to a Russian team managed by AVB he's even more braindead than I currently fear he may be.

The fact that he is now looking around makes me think that he was expecting someone decent and now has lost hope.

On a different tack, who out of our new players have the fans really taken to?? I remember not too long ago a fair few Spurs fans having a bromance with Parker, and were really getting behind the likes of King, BAE, VdV, Bale and Modric. Maybe it's just my own apathy as well as that of the other supporters, but things just don't seem that bright anymore without the players on the pitch that are really into it. VdV for me was the embodiment of this, the man at times almost got the whole Lane going

Fans do seem to have struck up a bit of a rapport with Soldado for some reason. And there's always an expectant buzz when Eriksen picks up the ball. Beyond that, though, the others have largely gone unnoticed by the support, at least judging by the atmosphere at various games.

If Jan goes to a Russian team managed by AVB he's even more braindead than I currently fear he may be.

Ha. I was just thinking the same thing. Why the **** would he want to go out there?

The clever move by Vertonghen would have been to up his game considerably for Spurs in the last few months and put himself in the shop window for a bigger club. He performances and attitude have been a bit poo poo all season and this in effect has consigned him to another year at Spurs or a trip to the gulags.

maybe he knew that however hard he could try to up his game, his performance could be inexplicably undermined by the entire team's performance. something that loris spoke about openly recently.

Jan looking super happy earlier.

@SpursOfficial: Good afternoon from the Lamex Stadium, Stevenage, for our U21 clash v Reading. #COYS pic.twitter.com/78hFWhwuss
BmOmMHYIIAAPbb9.jpg:small

@SpursOfficial: . @Jan_Vertonghen completed 90 minutes on his return from injury, Etienne Capoue played for an hour. #COYS pic.twitter.com/q2PJgoB37e
BmPH7GDCAAA2GfW.jpg:small

Vertonghen was only supposed to play 60 to 75 minutes for our U21s, but he insisted on staying on for the full 90 as he wanted to us win the game.

Now does that sound like someone who wants to leave the club?

He's been a taking a body language course with 'How To Exit' expert Mr D Berbatov

Do you guys remember this video? I think/presume it had English subtitles before. After 50 seconds they show Jan in his apartment in Amsterdam, then he makes a shopping list for Bread and Milk and goes downstairs to the corner shop. So sweet. So nice to see a big player living a simple life without needing a chauffeur or chef to rustle up a sarnie.

He seemed like such a nice boy back then, is he still a nice boy or have Spurs turned him into a monster?

[video=youtube;mTTxxfMHLIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTxxfMHLIs[/video]

maybe he knew that however hard he could try to up his game, his performance could be inexplicably undermined by the entire team's performance. something that loris spoke about openly recently.

Do you honestly not realise how ridiculous that comment sounds? It make be relevant for a striker but a defender in a poor team often is in the spotlight because he is involved constantly. If he upped his game, he would be seen as a cut above the rest - which would make him even more desirable for CL teams

Do you guys remember this video? I think/presume it had English subtitles before. After 50 seconds they show Jan in his apartment in Amsterdam, then he makes a shopping list for Bread and Milk and goes downstairs to the corner shop. So sweet. So nice to see a big player living a simple life without needing a chauffeur or chef to rustle up a sarnie.

He seemed like such a nice boy back then, is he still a nice boy or have Spurs turned him into a monster?

[video=youtube;mTTxxfMHLIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTxxfMHLIs[/video]

I think Internet speculation has turned him into a monster.

Back