• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

In what position? Midfield or further forward?

CM, AM, CF*

*as long as Kane is injured

I'd still have Rooney in the team ahead of Sterling/Sturridge/Walcott/Vardy/Lallana/Alli/Henderson

i'd rather than Rooney at CB than Cahill whilst we are at it

I get the guy his past his best but he's on another level to anyone else in the squad

CM, AM, CF*

I'd still have Rooney in the team ahead of Sterling/Sturridge/Walcott/Vardy/Lallana/Alli/Henderson

I get the guy his past his best but he's on another level to anyone else in the squad

Disagree completely. Alli is ahead of him at no.10, Sturridge is a more lethal goalscorer and we've got better options at CM.

CM, AM, CF*

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

CM, AM, CF*

Nonsense, and as stated, he will be truly passed it by the time the next tournament comes round. Much better to play a team with players in their prefered positions, and give them experience ready for the world cup.

Forster
Walker...Keane...Stones...Rose
Dier...Henderson
Lallana...Ali...Sterling
Kane​

Nonsense, and as stated, he will be truly passed it by the time the next tournament comes round. Much better to play a team with players in their prefered positions, and give them experience ready for the world cup.

Forster
Dier...Henderson
Lallana...Ali...Sterling
Kane​

I'd have barkley in there maybe ahead of lallana over they next two season if he can ever get some consistency

Forster
Dier...Henderson
Lallana...Ali...Sterling
Kane​

I like that, but with a few tweaks.

Definitely Butland as GK.

CB is our weakest position, so I'd be looking to fasttrack the likes of Lascelles and Gomez into the squad. Maybe make a play for 2CV too

Mason ahead of Henderson. And Gray soon edging out Sterling.

CB is our weakest position, so I'd be looking to fasttrack the likes of Lascelles and Gomez into the squad. Maybe make a play for 2CV too

Mason ahead of Henderson :cool:;)

Don't know why I'm playing along, but what has Mason done to deserve leapfrogging Henderson/the other options we have in that position? I thought his best position was no.10 anyway so we might as well drop Alli in favour of Mason.

He looks unfit or ill to me. There was a game he played at Euro 2016 when he played ill and this is a similar performance.. And on an unrelated note, Sturridge shoots WAAAAAY too much.
I think it's match sharpness. He's just a half second behind with everything.

Southgate seemed to get it wrong to begin with as it looked like he instructed Walcott and Lingaard to stay wide at all times. This left us with absolutely no passing options whatsoever in the first portion of the half which left the back players hitting speculative balls into Alli or Sturridge. In the last 20 though it seems Lingaard has been given permission to come inside whilst Walcott looks like a spectator, he's not getting close to Sturridge half the time and making hardly any options.

Dier looks rusty as fudge, but I'd prefer to see him collecting the ball off the defenders and Hendersen trying to create something more further forward. It's gutting to see such little talent out there for England. Lingaard, Walcott and Sturridge look nowhere near good enough.

The trouble is we are all use to the Spurs midfielders inter-changing and creating space with their movement. Englands 2 wide men staying by the line means we are playing with 9 players

The trouble is we are all use to the Spurs midfielders inter-changing and creating space with their movement. Englands 2 wide men staying by the line means we are playing with 9 players

But the experts keep saying teams need to have wide players that put crosses into the box. Give the opposition something to think about. That sort of brainless drivel.

Back