• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

always

do you not think there was a queue of poor performers last night, Sturridge, Walcott, Alli, Cahill, Stones

Lingaard gets a pass as it was his debut

Rooney, like Hart and our FB's did nothing wrong.

I only saw from about 35 mins onwards, but Rooney was pretty anonymous from what I did see. I think he's had his day now. We need to stop finding new ways and positions to shoehorn him into the team. There are better players than him now in both midfield, number 10 and up front and he's not even getting a game for Utd.

I only saw from about 35 mins onwards, but Rooney was pretty anonymous from what I did see. I think he's had his day now. We need to stop finding new ways and positions to shoehorn him into the team. There are better players than him now in both midfield, number 10 and up front and he's not even getting a game for Utd.

that's the thing for me, i'm still not convinced there is, I guess an argument can be made for Carrick in that midfield role but he's not getting in the United side either

We are not very good, I know, but even poor teams should be supported.
The biggest problem with England is, if it were a league club who would be the closest?

2016 West Ham? Burnley? You have go.

Definitely not a top 6 club IMHO.

Last edited:
We are not very good, I know, but even poor teams should be supported.
The biggest problem with England is, if it were a league club who would be the closest?

2016 West Ham? Burnley? You have go.

Definitely not a top 6 club IMHO.

It can be changed though. I don't think we lack the personnel to beat the very best in the world. A bit like Spurs did pre Poch, England lack an identity, a playing style. The players just kind of do their own thing. I suppose many international countries would suffer from the same issue.

It can be changed though. I don't think we lack the personnel to beat the very best in the world. A bit like Spurs did pre Poch, England lack an identity, a playing style. The players just kind of do their own thing. I suppose many international countries would suffer from the same issue.

I agree, I don't think the squad is that bad, just mis managed for years. Before anyone says anything I'm not saying we should be winning tournaments, but the players are better than the team performances being served up.

I agree

In France people get why Sissoko plays as he suits their system and its working

UK fans are asking how he gets in ahead of the like son Martial for instance... surely the results show why

In England we need an identity and style and we need to stick with it.

Big Sam said he was a 4-3-3 man yet very few side sin our league play that system and yet he wanted to play it

When we look half decent as an international side we played to our strength and made it work. We should find room for players like Barkley for instance and sack off people like Walcott who struggle against part-time sides like Malta

I agree, I don't think the squad is that bad, just mis managed for years. Before anyone says anything I'm not saying we should be winning tournaments, but the players are better than the team performances being served up.
For example Wales reaching the semi's with an inferior set of players (technically). But the squad harmony and game plan was more defined than England.

The identity of English football is The Premier League.

Fans dont give a fig about England in the main. This is the problem with most players, they just give England lip service. The Club is football 2016.

That probably also counts for many European countries.

Last edited:
Rooney does not have the quickness of mind to play in the midfield. Perhaps he could learn it but don't play him there until he has. He gets the ball and then looks for the pass, sometimes this will be a great pass but normally he is not effective. great midfielders and even capable midfielder have the options before they receive the ball.

It is baffling how he is picked in midfield, he is a striker, he was a very good one. Why is he been picked in midfield and pros saying he needs to be in the team when he has not constantly proved himself there, would even prefer the likes of Drinkwater / Nobel in midfield. If he picks up to his old form then he should be starting striker but htat does not seem likely either.

a lot of people will be happy with that

same people will probably moan when the superstar pairing of Walcott and Sturridge can't break down Slovenia's average defence and England lose 1-0

same people will probably moan when the superstar pairing of Walcott and Sturridge can't break down Slovenia's average defence and England lose 1-0

oh they will don't worry... but it won't be because they don't have Rooney playing behind them in midfield.

Rooney barely offers anything in midfield and doesn't deserve to be the current no.9 or no.10 as we have better options there in much better form. He has had back to back mediocre seasons for club and country and hasn't scored 20 goals in a season since 2011/12. He is not a bad player, but on current form he does not deserve to play and only has 1 goal in 3 World Cups and will be 33 by time the next WC begins so unless he improves dramatically, I see no reason to prolong the silliness of shoehorning him into the side because he is a big name.

Rooney barely offers anything in midfield and doesn't deserve to be the current no.9 or no.10 as we have better options there in much better form. He has had back to back mediocre seasons for club and country and hasn't scored 20 goals in a season since 2011/12. He is not a bad player, but on current form he does not deserve to play and only has 1 goal in 3 World Cups and will be 33 by time the next WC begins so unless he improves dramatically, I see no reason to prolong the silliness of shoehorning him into the side because he is a big name.

this is the bit I disagree with, I just don't rate any of the currently available options

Back