• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Once people start earning large sums of money they get a sense of entitlement. They are rich because they deserve it so why shouldn't they get rewarded more for their talents. Sven kept going after more money, despite getting paid more than Allardyce. Ferguson got into a feud because he wasn't given a million pound horse. Man Utd got taken over by the Glazers and cost the club a billion because the manager felt entitled to a horse.

You see it in politics and with other celebrities. Blair and his "charities", Trump and his business practices, tax exiles in general, Chirac and his daily fruit, Johnny Depp and his dogs in Australia (what, quarantine laws apply to me?), and so on. Why should the laws apply to special people when they were designed for the masses?

Got a theory on this; hear me out:

FA really didn't want to hire Allardyce, but they know if they want to hire English there is no-one else (or if they don't want to hire English Allardyce and his cheerleaders in the press will never stop going on about it; heck Allardyce himself will not stop going on about it, being able to manage Real Madrid and all).

So they hire him, expecting full well he is (probably) still the "bung-type"and so also hire undercover reporters to catch him with his pants down early on.
Viola: they can fire the guy they didn't want in the first place and also get all his mouthy cheerleaders to shut up forever.

Win-win

Got a theory on this; hear me out:

FA really didn't want to hire Allardyce, but they know if they want to hire English there is no-one else (or if they don't want to hire English Allardyce and his cheerleaders in the press will never stop going on about it; heck Allardyce himself will not stop going on about it, being able to manage Real Madrid and all).

So they hire him, expecting full well he is (probably) still the "bung-type"and so also hire undercover reporters to catch him with his pants down early on.
Viola: they can fire the guy they didn't want in the first place and also get all his mouthy cheerleaders to shut up forever.

Win-win

I don't think that the press needed the FA's encouragement to go after him.

I don't think that the press needed the FA's encouragement to go after him.

Hmm, a pact between the "Sam haters"?
There are elements of the press that would use his non-appointment as showing how the FA are "biased against English managers" and that they are "stuffy and out of touch"; this section of the press can't say anything at all about the FA right now...

If the Torygraph knew of this "before he had taken his first training session with England" didn't they publish this story? Surely it would have been in everyone's (except Sam) interest to know about this then?

Hmm, a pact between the "Sam haters"?
There are elements of the press that would use his non-appointment as showing how the FA are "biased against English managers" and that they are "stuffy and out of touch"; this section of the press can't say anything at all about the FA right now...

Stories of Allardyce's business dealings have been circulating in the open for years but the FA chose to ignore them. Allardyce's threatened to sue over Panorama but never issued proceedings and there were the claims that him and Noble were pushing players to use their agent when he was at West Ham.

Sounds good on paper, but i think the England job isn't for anyone with a young family these days sadly..long-term that would sound good though.
Why not a young family, due to the press treatment? I would have thought it is a hell of a lot more relaxing that Prem manager?

Stories of Allardyce's business dealings have been circulating in the open for years but the FA chose to ignore them. Allardyce's threatened to sue over Panorama but never issued proceedings and there were the claims that him and Noble were pushing players to use their agent when he was at West Ham.

Oh yeah, i forgot about the "pushing players to use my agent thing" (wasn't it Nolan and not Noble btw?). Even more grist for the mill.
I honestly think the FA didn't choose to ignore these issues but hired him with the plan to let him hang on his own rope and in turn shut up his (and the likes of Redknapp's) cheerleaders over the long-term..

Why not a young family, due to the press treatment? I would have thought it is a hell of a lot more relaxing that Prem manager?

I can't remember the details but i was listening to a podcast a while ago and they were saying that the sorts of things that Steve Maclaren's family had to go through because of vile press intrusion/tactics were horrific and that the job had now become "only for an older head without a young family"

If the Torygraph knew of this "before he had taken his first training session with England" didn't they publish this story? Surely it would have been in everyone's (except Sam) interest to know about this then?

I think this was just one part of a broader investigation piece they were putting together.

As long as "England manager scandal" headlines sells more papers than "England quite good at football" headlines do (forever) then that's how it's going to be.
Wouldn't take that job for anything.

Back