• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Unbelievable.

Just read The Butcher of Bolton's post-match comments - he has zero influence over what Rooney does (as Rooney is more experienced at international level than him so why would he, the manager, tell the player what to do or where to play???) and thought Rooney was brilliant rather than slowing everything down and leaving Kane isolated.

Same old, same old, The King is dead, long live the King. Everything changes yet everything stays the same.

Does that include "our players"? I wouldn't have Henderson or Rooney near the team. Against opposition like Slovakia I'd be far more adventurous. How about:

-----------Hart-------------
Walker--Stones--Cahill--Rose
-----------Dier-------------
Antonio----Alli------Lallana
--------Kane---Vardy--------

it does to some degree IMO, they look better in a Spurs shirt due to the familiarity of the system and their teammates, some of whom are of a much higher quality than any available to Allardyce

it's a fallacy to think an international manager has enough influence to revolutionise a team

Last edited:
Liverpool fans: All the Spurs players are terrible, Walker is nowhere near as good as Clyne and it's disgraceful that Sturridge doesn't start.

United fans: All the Spurs players are terrible, Rose is nowhere near as good as Shaw and it's disgraceful that Rashford doesn't start.

I would love for all our players to stay home and train during these breaks.

You are a miserable old sod, from another miserable old sod ;) - 63! today

Thought we did OK - these teams we play are of much higher standard man for man, than way, back in the day

I agree with your point about higher standards in many of what are perceived as smaller foreign teams, when I was a kid The Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden and Poland were cannon fodder for English teams. Now any competent manager can set up a team to frustrate teams lacking world class players (England). Until we can produce world class players we are going to struggle to play football which is good to the eye and will have to endure more laboured performances. I can't think of any manager in the world who could get the current crop of players to improve on our recent form against stubborn opponents. Perhaps an Andy Carroll type player will give us other options, I saw no evidence of England just lumping it up the middle and try to get on the second ball in yesterdays display.

A fit Andy Carroll can indeed be a potent weapon and I would bring him in, also two meter Pete can come of the bench and do a job IMHO. I think Chrouchy is not a starter but while Carroll is 'once again' injured he would be an option.

Andy Carroll the Gordie Slatan! well that maybe a little too far...but IF fit he would be on my bench.

One of the saddest and biggest problem with International football in the country is the overriding club rivalry amongst wouldbe England fans.

Last edited:
Unbelievable.

Just read The Butcher of Bolton's post-match comments - he has zero influence over what Rooney does (as Rooney is more experienced at international level than him so why would he, the manager, tell the player what to do or where to play???) and thought Rooney was brilliant rather than slowing everything down and leaving Kane isolated.

Same old, same old, The King is dead, long live the King. Everything changes yet everything stays the same.

Add the above to Rooney's interview where he unashamedly says that he decided to ignore Hodgson and take corners instead of Kane at the Euros, because he believes that players should have a RIGHT to make decisions on the pitch.

There are plenty of examples of this in the past. A highly capped captain, an aging player who can see the end if his career coming, not able to deliver on the pitch like he used to, but not ready to accept it.

See Gerrard, Terry, Beckham, Shearer all the way back to the days of Keegan and Butcher.

At International level he needs to play the role that the manager asks of him. If he can't, then its up to the manager to take him out of the team and put someone else in.

Rooney isnt going to make that decision on his own. Talk of a 2018 retirement is just a distraction.

Have to say Harry looks absolute lost atm. He looks sluggish and his touch is not like it should be. He needs a few goals to get going, but the way he's playing now, I don't see how he will score.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

I must admit he looks so far off the pace you can't see where the next goal is coming from.
Never been a big Harry fan as he looks so ungainly and unlike a top striker in all of his game since April. But let's hope he once again starts leaving me feeling stupid as he starts banging them in again. Looks like a carthorse so far this season.

Add the above to Rooney's interview where he unashamedly says that he decided to ignore Hodgson and take corners instead of Kane at the Euros, because he believes that players should have a RIGHT to make decisions on the pitch.

There are plenty of examples of this in the past. A highly capped captain, an aging player who can see the end if his career coming, not able to deliver on the pitch like he used to, but not ready to accept it.

See Gerrard, Terry, Beckham, Shearer all the way back to the days of Keegan and Butcher.

At International level he needs to play the role that the manager asks of him. If he can't, then its up to the manager to take him out of the team and put someone else in.

Rooney isnt going to make that decision on his own. Talk of a 2018 retirement is just a distraction.

I'm no big fan of Rooney and I would be surprised if he lasts till 2018 in an England shirt, Sam is right man to sort Rooney, but he will not slag him off in front of the TV cameras and rightly so. He Rooney, though was not responsible for the lack of finishing yesterday which was the main reason for our struggles yesterday, the responsibility for that lies much closer to home.

You are a miserable old sod, from another miserable old sod ;) - 63! today

Thought we did OK - these teams we play are of much higher standard man for man, than way, back in the day

Happy Birthday mate. If you call that doing ok then all i can say is you are easily pleased. ;) They were ( once again) a shambles and Rooney is living on past glorys and it looks like the dinosaur Fat Sam has not got the bottle to tell him that.

Happy Birthday mate. If you call that doing ok then all i can say is you are easily pleased. ;) They were ( once again) a shambles and Rooney is living on past glorys and it looks like the dinosaur Fat Sam has not got the bottle to tell him that.

I dont think Sam will say or do anything in public and and that is right and proper. Sam is no Pep but he is no shrinking violet either, give him time. I like the cut of his jib so to speak. I think I would enjoy a pint with the man......only if he's paying of course!

PS "easily pleased" I prefer 'ultra realistic'

Last edited:
It's sad to see a player like Rooney at this stage of his international career. I know many don't rate or like him but I think he's been great for United, I'm hard put to think of any players in the last 10 years who have been great for England but he has got the goals, unfortunately not when it mattered.

giphy.gif

I'm no big fan of Rooney and I would be surprised if he lasts till 2018 in an England shirt, Sam is right man to sort Rooney, but he will not slag him off in front of the TV cameras and rightly so. He Rooney, though was not responsible for the lack of finishing yesterday which was the main reason for our struggles yesterday, the responsibility for that lies much closer to home.

Come off it, if Rooney was to anounce he will delay his reritrment till 2028 he'd still start every game till then. Reminds me of the days of playing the 'Golden generation' over and over despite thier flaws in the blind hope that evenetually it would pay off.

There are to many England players that are headlines. Hart, stones and sterling should not be anywhere near the starting line up, not good enough.
But rather than play a good solid player in those positions who will get the job done these guys get the call.
The love in last night over stones was vomit inducing. He headed the ball back to goal into no mans land that rose had to try and cover, they create a chance and rose gets the blame.

Unbelievable.

The quicker everyone gets on with below.........the sooner a little space will open up to do something a whole load more worthwhile.

checkout.jpg

I wouldn't start Stones yet if there were good solid alternatives. We seem to be really lacking in quality CBs at the moment, so I don't mind him getting games during the World Cup qualifying. If Pep is up to reputation he could be a much better player by the World Cup.

On the other hand, Rooney will be two years older. Perhaps he will think he should be the ball-playing CB by then.

The thing is, I'm not sure whether Sam was having a go at Rooney or not in front of the cameras.

The comment could have been a back handed compliment directed at Rooney, or it could have been an a joke to distract from the question of why he was playing so deep.

However, England won, its a qualifier, and history will say it was a tough away game where England took maximum points.

Back