• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

If goodwill incurred over the last few games and culminating in an active part in a masterful team performance in beating Emirates Marketing Project is beginning to run out after 3 days, then there's a problem.

yeah, that's not it. I feel he is over accomodated, he is an expensive utility player prone to showing off.

Of the front four, Alli and Son are playing the best. Kane should hopefully be back within a few games and can only assume will walk straight back into the team. Someone will have to make way for him and it ain't gonna be Son the way he is playing so chances are it will be Lamela or Eriksen. I still think we need more from the pair of them in spite of their hard work and overall play so far.

On current form, I think 4141 is the way to go. We only need one holding player Dier or Wanyama. That means (on current form) the front four AMs would be Lamela, Eriksen, Alli and Son and when Kane is fit he would be the 1. Maybe for tougher games the central AM position could be strengthened with Dembele when he is fit and raring to go but otherwise I don't think I would change it much. If it aint broke etc etc

Yes, Erik tackles, but it's mostly pretty clumsy and he uses agressively his hands and fouls easily.

So, we've just beaten the favourites for the title , run them into the ground and given pep a masterclass in tactics, we're unbeaten in the league with the best defensive record, are one point off through top off the table and all with the youngest squad in the league.
Yet reading this boards over the last week we have
Eriksen cant/won't tackle
Dembele doesn't play enough
Hugo can't kick
Sissoko is a lazy useless fudger
Janssen is a cart horse
Wanyama is over rated
Lamela is not good enough
Dele is to hot headed

Fudge me people get a grip.

So, we've just beaten the favourites for the title , run them into the ground and given pep a masterclass in tactics, we're unbeaten in the league with the best defensive record, are one point off through top off the table and all with the youngest squad in the league.

We have played only 7 games now, been pretty easy schedule and tight games with smaller teams, too. It's not that shiny as it seems.

We have played only 7 games now, been pretty easy schedule and tight games with smaller teams, too. It's not that shiny as it seems.
Really, we've played Liverpool, Everton and Emirates Marketing Project and are unbeaten. Everton at the start of the season were one of the teams to hit the ground floor running and Liverpool are being tipped for top 3.

Hugo can't kick
Janssen is a cart horse
Wanyama is over rated
Dele is to hot headed

:rolleyes:

We need to pass sooner, it happened a lot today. Son needs to play people more as well, he keeps drawing defenders to him then running to the line instead of laying it back.
Neither Lamela nor son should be taking the pens, it should be eriksen imo.

Hugo can't kick
Janssen is a cart horse
Wanyama is over rated
Dele is to hot headed

We want all our players to be perfect in every way, just like the posters on this board.

If we castigate people for voicing thier opinions - this board will descend into the abyss of never ending international breaks.......

Really, we've played Liverpool, Everton and Emirates Marketing Project and are unbeaten. Everton at the start of the season were one of the teams to hit the ground floor running and Liverpool are being tipped for top 3.

Crystal Palace, Stoke, Sunderland, Middlesbrough. And surely favourites against Everton.

Crystal Palace, Stoke, Sunderland, Middlesbrough. And surely favourites against Everton.
3 out of 7 and away to Everton if we were favourites it must have been by a very small margin.
Balance that against overwhelming title favourites Emirates Marketing Project and many people's pick for second then I think the criticism being doled out is unwarranted.

3 out of 7 and away to Everton if we were favourites it must have been by a very small margin.

Let's say it this way. 5 out 7 expected 3 points (indluding Everton). I wasn't criticising. I just say it's been easy schedule, and not get hyped yet after only 7 games. In the end City won produces only 3 points. Seen some frustrating performances, but good results.

You can only beat what is put in front of you. At this stage of the season we are better off than 17 other teams, who have probably played a similar range of teams as we have because of how the fixtures balance out. We've not even played that great yet bar City. There's not too much to complain about......

You can only beat what is put in front of you. At this stage of the season we are better off than 17 other teams, who have probably played a similar range of teams as we have because of how the fixtures balance out. We've not even played that great yet bar City. There's not too much to complain about......

.... and Woolwich Wanderers.

Back