• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

A lot of excellent players "could score more".

He's contributing a lot even without scoring.

I don't get that. Surely we want all of our AM to carry a goal scoring threat, why wouldn't we?

A drop of the shoulder and stroking it into the corner of the net like Son did away to Middlesboro, why not?

Any individual scoring more goals in isolation is obviously good. But realizing that not all attacking roles in the team will be likely to score as many is also fine. Alli making more runs into the box and beyond the striker while Lamela does more work on the ball in the buildup play and providing the final ball seems like an effective way to divide up the work. Gets the best out of both at the moment.

If Lamela started making more of those runs he might score more as an indivudal, but if that hurt our overall game and meant fewer goals overall it would be a problem.

I think he will start scoring more. He's still young and he has a lot of quality.

It was an obvious flippant comment I made. Of course he could score more, but he gives us so much. Goalscoring is an obvious part of his game he must be looking to work on.

It was an obvious flippant comment I made. Of course he could score more, but he gives us so much. Goalscoring is an obvious part of his game he must be looking to work on.

I agree with you - if you look at our team, we don't get many goals from the two CMs so, unless your going to rely on teams failing to realise that TA always makes near-post runs at corners(!), goals come down to the CF plus the Alli/Eriksen/Lamela trio. Would be nice if Dembele could chip in a little more

I never seen much of Soton under poch but is Lamela's role similar to the guy who was a left sided striker/forward but didn't score many. Ended up with bad injury, Rodriguez?

Any individual scoring more goals in isolation is obviously good. But realizing that not all attacking roles in the team will be likely to score as many is also fine. Alli making more runs into the box and beyond the striker while Lamela does more work on the ball in the buildup play and providing the final ball seems like an effective way to divide up the work. Gets the best out of both at the moment.

If Lamela started making more of those runs he might score more as an indivudal, but if that hurt our overall game and meant fewer goals overall it would be a problem.

I think he will start scoring more. He's still young and he has a lot of quality.

Not in the last few league games, work rate aside.

Fully appreciate that the season is still very early days, but I expected Lamela to kick on this season and progress from last season. He hasn't done so yet IMO.

Not in the last few league games, work rate aside.

Fully appreciate that the season is still very early days, but I expected Lamela to kick on this season and progress from last season. He hasn't done so yet IMO.

Against WBA he was better than Sissoko at least and had a decent game I thought. Against City he contributed with essential work rate in a great team performance and win. Before that he got the assist against CSKA.

If these are the low points there really are no problems at all.

More goals and attempts is what I'm looking for from him so I hope you're right he and will score more goals. I have no qualms about his overall play and see him a more of a provider of goals. However on Saturday, I counted at least two occasions, where he had the ball at his feet in the Albion penalty area and with hesitancy in their defending, an opening to get a shot away was passed by Erik and in the end, nothing positive materialised . I just think in certain situations as those, he should be a little less selfless and go for goal himself.

Against WBA he was better than Sissoko at least and had a decent game I thought. Against City he contributed with essential work rate in a great team performance and win. Before that he got the assist against CSKA.

If these are the low points there really are no problems at all.

If you believe he played well against WBA and Emirates Marketing Project then I think we will have to agree to disagree. Everyone worked hard in those two games.

CSKA I will give you he played well and got the assist.

If you believe he played well against WBA and Emirates Marketing Project then I think we will have to agree to disagree. Everyone worked hard in those two games.

CSKA I will give you he played well and got the assist.

I said he had a decent performance against WBA. What I'm saying is that if this is his new "low point" games that's actually rather promising. If he didn't have a higher level to up his game to it wouldn't be enough, but he clearly does.

Most of our other attacking regular starters have equally poor games with a decent frequency.

I think we saw a few of his 'old' weaknesses surface again last night. I saw a lot of stuff that I thought he'd almost eradicated from his game reappear. And by that I mean his tendency to hold onto the ball for far too long, or try the difficult pass when the simple one was the correct choice. Old habits die hard I guess, but I hope he has not forgotten the reasons for his improvement last season.

In saying that he wasn't a disaster by any means.

Ach, lay off him, guys. Last season bought him some breathing space for me - if he's still struggling heading into January/February, then I might agree with the worries about him forgetting the lessons of last season, but as it stands, I'm not judging him just yet.

I think we saw a few of his 'old' weaknesses surface again last night. I saw a lot of stuff that I thought he'd almost eradicated from his game reappear. And by that I mean his tendency to hold onto the ball for far too long, or try the difficult pass when the simple one was the correct choice. Old habits die hard I guess, but I hope he has not forgotten the reasons for his improvement last season.

In saying that he wasn't a disaster by any means.

I agree. A bad performance in 2016/17 is still better than a bad Lamela peformance from 2014/15 or even an OK performance from the same season.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but his performances during the first two seasons set the bar so low that it would be hard for him to not improve, but credit to him, last season was much better all round. His tendency to give the ball away seems to be creeping back in but I will put this down to a spell of below par from rather than the norm.

Ach, lay off him, guys. Last season bought him some breathing space for me - if he's still struggling heading into January/February, then I might agree with the worries about him forgetting the lessons of last season, but as it stands, I'm not judging him just yet.
That comment is certainly not knee jerky enough. I'll give him one more match and then he's dead to me.

Tottenham snub AC Milan bid for Erik Lamela

The Premier League outfit are reluctant to part with the Argentina international and have knocked back a formal offer from the Rossoneri

Tottenham Hotspur have turned down a big-money bid from AC Milan for Argentine forward Erik Lamela, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

It is claimed that a €20 million (£17.8m) offer was lodged by the Rossoneri, but that was dismissed out of hand by their English counterparts.

The Evening Standard has previously suggested that an interested party would need to come up with at least €35 million (£31.2m) in order to tempt Spurs to the negotiating table.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1...s-tottenham-snub-ac-milan-bid-for-erik-lamela

-----------------------------------------------------

If this is true, it is really stupid of AC Milan to bid 17m for a player we bought for 30m ! This after he has become one of our key players since last season ! Remember, we paid 30m for Sissoko. So, in today's transfer market, Lamela should be worth atleast 50m now !

Back