• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

If he's in a team that doesn't value technical ability then he won't get enough game time. If he doesn't get enough game time then he won't develop.

If he's in a team that does value technical ability then he will get enough game time. If he does get enough game time then he will develop.

How about you try writing your sentences in a positive context and calling him TS instead of NBD, if you are not pre-judging him by his style of talking. It is clear you are waiting to pounce.

If he's in a team that does value technical ability then he will get enough game time. If he does get enough game time then he will develop.

How about you try writing your sentences in a positive context and calling him TS instead of NBD, if you are not pre-judging him by his style of talking. It is clear you are waiting to pounce.

I am pre - judging him, not only by how he sounds but also by what he says. Seeing as he has about as much management experience as I do, there's not a lot else we can judge on.

As soon as he gives me something else to judge him by (and that leads me to believe he isn't stupid) then I'll refer to him in a fitting manner.

Well Sherwood picked 4 ball players in midfield rather than defensive cloggers, athletes or sprinters, so I am hopeful that he values technical ability very highly.

I agree with you that TS sounds unintelligent in interviews, both due to what he says and the way he says it, but I am willing to wait and see whether he is bright enough to set up a team correctly. It is not particle physics, so he doesn't need to be Heisenberg. His "man of the people" approach might chime with the players and get more out of them than...

Which means what? The lad warmed up but never played, is he just cooling down or practicing on the pitch to get a feel for it? Anyone in goal?

He took the time afterwards to practice dribbling and shooting on the WHL turf by himself maybe. Might be worth an anytime goalscorer punt if he plays today.

My bad, I missed most the second half. I saw a video of some of our players shooting at goal, he did ok. As most have said he just needs to iron out the hesitancy when he gets into a good shooting position, which will come with games

Shows a good attitude I think.

I still feel he should be given 5-10 games in a row as a starter at this point to actually show what he can do.

Completely agree, we've shown confidence in paying the money, now we should play the boy!

Thought this pic shows a great attitude to win his place in the side, note that it looks as though hes the only one out there too.

I think he'd be pretty damn effective playing up top in our 4-4-2 'wonky' formation. Him partnering Ade....hmmm would be some excellent movement, great mobility, pace, power.

I agree with kingdawson. Been saying for a while now I'd love to see him in the 'Van Der Vaart' role in behind Ade. Think he could be excellent in there

I agree with kingdawson. Been saying for a while now I'd love to see him in the 'Van Der Vaart' role in behind Ade. Think he could be excellent in there

Yeh i thought he would be good playing off the striker, but what i'm saying now is, he should play side by side with Ade. Basically that would be his 'starting' position but will have licence to drop deep and roam (similar to Suarez). i think it could be very very very effective.

Yeh i thought he would be good playing off the striker, but what i'm saying now is, he should play side by side with Ade. Basically that would be his 'starting' position but will have licence to drop deep and roam (similar to Suarez). i think it could be very very very effective.[/QUOTE

I am liking the thought of this. Its Certainly something I would love us to try.

Maybe he will have to earn the right like Bale did on the wings in order to earn that central role....

I have seen enough to think he could be magical for us....I just hope he settles...worst case scenario is that a few years down the line he is playing abroad tearing it up. Bit worried he might agitate for a loan move with the wc coming up. you can understand he wants games to get in w/c squad...I wouldnt want him to hold lack of playing time against us.

RE: Lamela becoming VdV. Might be me picking holes, but from what I can remember VdV sat in the hole and moved between the lines, became the extra man in midfield when needed and arrived late in the box to score goals as well as being a great poacher. VdV wasn't part of the wonky as he joined when we were playing with two out and out wingers. With that said, the wonky I remember best was with Defoe and Keane upfront, with Keane and Modric roaming around all over the place. Lamela could definately do this, but I do think we need a truly lethal Ade up front to get the majority of our goals, that or Paulinho starts finding the back of the net.

I do agree though, from all I have seen so far of him, he seems at his best in the middle of the park. I'm just not convinced of his goalscoring ability yet

Back