• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

That's a difficult statement to evaluate seeing as he started using it regularly after Lamela got injured.

I don't think we changed to a back 3 because of Lamela getting injured though, so him being fit again won't mean we change to a back 4 to accommodate him imo. We're not talking about Messi. Nonetheless, Lamela can fit into our team in the current system, he just won't play every week, the same as Son doesn't.

This season, the midfield has evolved into more of a diamond and I think that would suit Lamela.

Midfield:

---------------Dier/Wanyama/Winks
-------Dembele/Sissoko--------Eriksen/Lamela
--------------------Dele/Son

At times, we could even see:

---------------------Winks
---------Eriksen----------------Lamela
----------------------Dele

A fit Lamela is a big plus for us, looking forward to having him back.

I'd imagine a large part of the change in formation was a lack of three good players for the positions behind Kane.

I agree(ish). Poch tends to pick the best available players and then finds a formation to get the bet out of them.
I agree. And it wasn't only about the the starting positions behind Kane either imo. A 4-2-3-1 with Lamela injured left Janssen, Sissoko and Nkoudou as attacking options on the bench, to rotate in or to start in the case of injury or suspension. That was essentially no flexibility or attacking impact from the bench.

In addition to that Wanyama was doing really well and with Alderweireld back from injury I think Pochettino felt the need to include Dier in our starting line up and didn't feel it fair or right to drop Wanyama.

A back 3 solved all of those problems, and it wasn't as big of a tactical change as it might have been for other clubs given the versatility of Dier, Vertonghen and Alderweireld and the attacking impact our full backs already delivered.

Spurs fans are all saying the same thing after Erik Lamela performs outrageous nutmeg in training

The Spurs players looked to be in high spirits ahead of the north London derby

By
Rob Guest 06:30, 17 NOV 2017

Spurs fans are starting to get a little excited about the possibility of Erik Lamela making his long-awaited comeback after over a year on the sidelines.

After returning to training alongside Danny Rose in October, the club's supporters are still waiting to see the Argentine finally return to the pitch after problems with his hips.

With the Lilywhites facing Arsenal in the north London derby this weekend, Mauricio Pochettinowas asked about the possibility of his fellow countryman making a return.

"Tomorrow I need to speak again," said the manager. "Every day we are talking about ‘are you ready? Are you ready?’

"We are waiting for him, that he feels full confidence to be involved again."

Well, following Pochettino's comments, it looks like Lamela was full of confidence in training judging by a video on the club's official Twitter account.

Tottenham Hotspur

✔@SpursOfficial

When you finally get the nutmeg in rondo... #COYS

3:30 AM - Nov 17, 2017
Taking part in a Rondo session at Hotspur Way, the 25-year-old performed an outrageous nutmeg on youngster Juan Foyth.

It certainly went down well with his teammates and the high spirits in camp were there for all to see.

The club's supporters were quick to notice Lamela's bit of skill and they made their feelings known on Twitter.

Here's what they had to say.

fleming @flightrisker
Replying to @SpursOfficial

Lamela is back baby. He’s good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

3:46 AM - Nov 17, 2017

Come on @ErikLamela get back on that pitch son

3:32 AM - Nov 17, 2017
Steve Elsom @steveelsom1

They look and sound like a 'real' team- great banter in training #COYS

4:00 AM - Nov 17, 2017

Woohoo! Erik!

3:51 AM - Nov 17, 2017

This shows u how happy family spurs are. Wlc back lamela, we miss you

3:40 AM - Nov 17, 2017

Passion, Spirit and Teamwork. Ready to Derby Day

3:43 AM - Nov 17, 2017

Ole @ErikLamela #vamos

3:33 AM - Nov 17, 2017

Wanna see those nutmegs on Saturday

3:31 AM - Nov 17, 2017
http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/spurs-fans-erik-lamela-nutmeg-13913805

------------------------------------------------

So, Lamela is not a myth or fantasy after all ! He does exist ! All the players including Lamela seems to be in high spirit. But poor Foyth. He seemed very embarassed to get nutmegged by Lamela.:D

I think Pochettino should try to instill self confidence in Lamela by forcing him to play at leasts for a few mins, instead of waiting for Lamela to get it himself.

Spurs fans are all saying the same thing after Erik Lamela performs outrageous nutmeg in training

The Spurs players looked to be in high spirits ahead of the north London derby

By
Rob Guest 06:30, 17 NOV 2017

Spurs fans are starting to get a little excited about the possibility of Erik Lamela making his long-awaited comeback after over a year on the sidelines.

After returning to training alongside Danny Rose in October, the club's supporters are still waiting to see the Argentine finally return to the pitch after problems with his hips.

With the Lilywhites facing Arsenal in the north London derby this weekend, Mauricio Pochettinowas asked about the possibility of his fellow countryman making a return.

"Tomorrow I need to speak again," said the manager. "Every day we are talking about ‘are you ready? Are you ready?’

"We are waiting for him, that he feels full confidence to be involved again."

Well, following Pochettino's comments, it looks like Lamela was full of confidence in training judging by a video on the club's official Twitter account.

Tottenham Hotspur

✔@SpursOfficial

------------------------------------------------

So, Lamela is not a myth or fantasy after all ! He does exist ! All the players including Lamela seems to be in high spirit. But poor Foyth. He seemed very embarassed to get nutmegged by Lamela.:D

I think Pochettino should try to instill self confidence in Lamela by forcing him to play at leasts for a few mins, instead of waiting for Lamela to get it himself.

Great idea. Poch should force all players to do things they're perhaps not ready for. And he should force them to do things they're not comfortable with. In fact, why stop there? If a player is allergic to a certain food Poch should force them to eat that food to get over their allergy. Likewise with fears and phobias. I expect there to be spiders, Satanic symbols and scary clowns in the changing room before each match.

Great idea. Poch should force all players to do things they're perhaps not ready for. And he should force them to do things they're not comfortable with. In fact, why stop there? If a player is allergic to a certain food Poch should force them to eat that food to get over their allergy. Likewise with fears and phobias. I expect there to be spiders, Satanic symbols and scary clowns in the changing room before each match.

Do you have kids?

There's gonna be a few of these this season I think. With the move to a back 3 and Winks able to anchor in front of it, some players are gonna have to fight to find a role.

My point being, that if you don't give people a push in life, they'll often end up missing out on experiences.
Absolutely. But the post I was responding to specifically mentioned Poch pushing Lamela when he's not ready. If he's not ready he's not ready. My son triple fractured his ankle skateboarding a while back and we waited until he was ready to get him back on, then eased him into it. Yes, sometimes folk need a push, but only when it's appropriate,

The way the injury and recovery has played out and the emphasis on confidence and asking Lamela everyday whether he is ready, hopefully Lamela is working with a sports psychologist.

Back