• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Everyone misses a player that is out.....how good/valuable they are increases as every month passes.
That last part actually described Lamela when he was playing. Go back through this thread and I think a month by month increase in how he was appreciated is pretty accurate.

Right now most seem concerned about him regaining the level he had before the injury problems. I wouldn't expect him to get back to that this year, perhaps not even this season. But that player is on there. Hopefully this time he's earned himself more patience from some fans.

That last part actually described Lamela when he was playing. Go back through this thread and I think a month by month increase in how he was appreciated is pretty accurate.

Right now most seem concerned about him regaining the level he had before the injury problems. I wouldn't expect him to get back to that this year, perhaps not even this season. But that player is on there. Hopefully this time he's earned himself more patience from some fans.

Hell will freeze over long before that happens.

Erik has been out for a long time, I cant pretend to know about player recovery regimes and times.
I'm expecting his true full fitness to return around March 2018 'ish. A year out is a a very long time, there will be many hard times a head for the lad I would have thought.

my comment was tounge in cheek.

i remember when we'd have a load to moan about (player wise), injured players used to go up in estimation just in desperation compared to the sorry lot that were taking the field :)

Luckily we have such minute gripes these days that it can be an effort to even bother discussing some of it.

Coco is back! He's going to need time, so I'll only expect 2 goals and an assist from him in his first game. I wonder how long it'll take him to get back into the Dutch side.....

We have missed Lamela badly, especially in away matches. Remember, we have only won 1 match away against top 6 teams in the league in the last 3 years. That only win was against ManCity when Lamela came on to set up our winning goal for Eriksen. Can see Lamela taking time to get back his best form after he returns. Until he regains his best form, I think he needs to concentrate more on creating goal scoring chances than going into hard tackles.

Seemed to do OK tonight. And almost all of last season.

As mentioned, we have only won 1 away match against the top 6 teams in the past 3 years. Lamela's tenacity, work rate and creativity is the one we have missed in those away matches.

Man, time flies. Didn't realise he's been our that long. :D

As mentioned, we have only won 1 away match against the top 6 teams in the past 3 years. Lamela's tenacity, work rate and creativity is the one we have missed in those away matches.

We’ve had a poor record in away matches against the top teams during Poch’s entire reign which includes plenty of games which Lamela played in. We had our highest PL finish without Lamela last season. It will be good to get him back but you overstate his importance to us greatly. Eriksen, Alli and Son are all more effective for the most part. Unless one of those players has a dip in form or sustains a long term injury then I don’t see who Lamela is going to replace in the side.

We’ve had a poor record in away matches against the top teams during Poch’s entire reign which includes plenty of games which Lamela played in. We had our highest PL finish without Lamela last season. It will be good to get him back but you overstate his importance to us greatly. Eriksen, Alli and Son are all more effective for the most part. Unless one of those players has a dip in form or sustains a long term injury then I don’t see who Lamela is going to replace in the side.

Agree with you - in our first choice 3-5-2 then he's on the bench alongside Son, Llorente and Winks/Dembele. In a 4-2-3-1 then he obviously has greater chance of starting. Would be good to have him back, however I think the side has progressed/improved/matured a lot in the year he's been out and he'll have a fight on his hands for game time

Agree with you - in our first choice 3-5-2 then he's on the bench alongside Son, Llorente and Winks/Dembele. In a 4-2-3-1 then he obviously has greater chance of starting. Would be good to have him back, however I think the side has progressed/improved/matured a lot in the year he's been out and he'll have a fight on his hands for game time
I'd imagine a large part of the change in formation was a lack of three good players for the positions behind Kane.

I'd imagine a large part of the change in formation was a lack of three good players for the positions behind Kane.

I agree(ish). Poch tends to pick the best available players and then finds a formation to get the bet out of them.

If the doctors and the coaching staff think Lamela is fit, can't find anything wrong with him and he is training without problems (and there is nothing more to it), it's about time he was told to put his boots on and play. At least test him in a u21 match and see how it works out.

If the doctors and the coaching staff think Lamela is fit, can't find anything wrong with him and he is training without problems (and there is nothing more to it), it's about time he was told to put his boots on and play. At least test him in a u21 match and see how it works out.
I suggest you write to Mr. Pochettino and tell him your feelings on the matter.

Son, Alli and Eriksen are three good players. Son was on fire not long before Lamela got injured. I think a large part of the formation change was Poch trying to experiment and perhaps copying Chelsea to an extent as they had success playing 3-5-2. It’s always useful to have different tricks/formations up your sleeve.

I think we will keep the 3-5-2 for the most part regardless of when Lamela comes back.

Son, Alli and Eriksen are three good players. Son was on fire not long before Lamela got injured. I think a large part of the formation change was Poch trying to experiment and perhaps copying Chelsea to an extent as they had success playing 3-5-2. It’s always useful to have different tricks/formations up your sleeve.

I think we will keep the 3-5-2 for the most part regardless of when Lamela comes back.
I don't think Poch sees Son as a player for that role. Quite often when it was two of the three plus Son, he played Son much closer to Kane.

Eriksen, Alli and Lamela are the only three players we have for those roles (and Nkoudu if he improves), which makes it very difficult to play that way with one on a long-term injury.

I don't think Poch sees Son as a player for that role. Quite often when it was two of the three plus Son, he played Son much closer to Kane.

Eriksen, Alli and Lamela are the only three players we have for those roles (and Nkoudu if he improves), which makes it very difficult to play that way with one on a long-term injury.

I see Son and Alli as quite similar players in a lot of aspects, they can both be quiet for long spells but can both score match winning goals and give us a slightly different kind of attacking threat than Eriksen. Alli admittedly will be the first choice for the forseeable future but there's no reason why Son can't play a big part like he did last season. I felt sorry for him against United, he's not cut out for false 9/lone striker role, would have been nice to see Llorente partner him up front even if only for 20 minutes or so rather than hooking Son for Llorente as a like for like replacement in that position.

It's good that we have more than one formation but 3-5-2 seems to be Poch's go to formation when everyone in the squad is fully fit.

Back