• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

He's got nothing to prove, just needs to get fit. He'll get minutes as soon as (if) he's fit.
That's not how Poch works though. He mostly plays you on merit unless you are one of the key players. I don't believe lamela fits into that category and certainly not at the expense of Son who had an outstanding season last year.

I like Lamela but his absence has coincided with our best points total and highest league finish. So while he is a very good player, he is not, imho, a key one unlike Kane, Eriksen Dembele Alderweireld and Lloris.

I like Lamela but his absence has coincided with our best points total and highest league finish. So while he is a very good player, he is not, imho, a key one unlike Kane, Eriksen Dembele Alderweireld and Lloris.

I don't think you can handle this "key issue" as a black or white story. Fotball is not that easy, if it would have been, we would have been able predict the leauge winner year in and year out. So there are types of games where Lamelas skills will be seen as a key. Whether Lamela will be able to show that kind of skills at that moment, is a complete different story.

But sure, some players can be considered as a "key" in more games than other.

Found this - light at the end of a very long tunnel for Erik

Lamela full training early October....at last

Mauricio Pochettino has conformed in his pre-game press conference that 25-year-old (26 next March) 23 times capped (3 goals) Argentinian international winger Érik Lamela will return to full first team training in early October.

He will need a month you would expect to get his fitness to a level where he can be considered for selection, although that is not to say he can't make substitute appearances to build his fitness.

He won't be ready for the Third Round of the League Cup on 19 September against either Derby County or Barnsley at Wembley. We will see if Vincent Janssen is involved with that or whether Fernando Llorente or even one of the development squad leads the line.

Kieran Trippier is now said to be fit after carrying an injury that has affected his performance and Victor Wanyama is out for a few more weeks with a knee cartilage problem. That should see Eric Dier in the holding midfield role and a potential debut for Davinson Sanchez. Serge Aurier hasn't arrived at the club yet so is unlikely to play this weekend. Kyle Walker-Peters didn't let us down in his debut game so there is a selection dilemma for Pochettino.

Found this - light at the end of a very long tunnel for Erik

Lamela full training early October....at last

Mauricio Pochettino has conformed in his pre-game press conference that 25-year-old (26 next March) 23 times capped (3 goals) Argentinian international winger Érik Lamela will return to full first team training in early October.

He will need a month you would expect to get his fitness to a level where he can be considered for selection, although that is not to say he can't make substitute appearances to build his fitness.

He won't be ready for the Third Round of the League Cup on 19 September against either Derby County or Barnsley at Wembley. We will see if Vincent Janssen is involved with that or whether Fernando Llorente or even one of the development squad leads the line.

Kieran Trippier is now said to be fit after carrying an injury that has affected his performance and Victor Wanyama is out for a few more weeks with a knee cartilage problem. That should see Eric Dier in the holding midfield role and a potential debut for Davinson Sanchez. Serge Aurier hasn't arrived at the club yet so is unlikely to play this weekend. Kyle Walker-Peters didn't let us down in his debut game so there is a selection dilemma for Pochettino.

ugh knee cartilage problem for wanyama. those things don't grow back or do they?

One of the sad things associated with the passing of pre-Prem football into the pages of history is that there are fewer and fewer blokes on the teams we love that actually look like your average man off the street.

Take us, for instance. Harry proudly flies the flag for 'everyday bloke', but then we've just gone and bought f*cking Spanish Adonis over there to even it out. On the plus side, it might get your SO more interested in footie, if she isn't already - however, it might be at your expense. :p

One of the sad things associated with the passing of pre-Prem football into the pages of history is that there are fewer and fewer blokes on the teams we love that actually look like your average man off the street.

Take us, for instance. Harry proudly flies the flag for 'everyday bloke', but then we've just gone and bought f*cking Spanish Adonis over there to even it out. On the plus side, it might get your SO more interested in footie, if she isn't already - however, it might be at your expense. :p

Isn't that more associated with the big city life? The bigger a city is, the more weird average men off the street looks like.

Back kicking a football at least

And wearing a bra

DJIow1UW4AEHvj4.jpg:large

Lets not forget that Llorente used to sport a mullet

6a0115709f071f970b017ee3ea9b5b970d.jpg

TBF Lamela looks to have bulked up a bit, in a good way. Hopefully when he's back he can pick up where he left off - could be vital to the 2nd part of the season.

I am thinking lets call it Christmas. Will be like the preverbial 'new signing' in the Jan window. If he returns sooner,then I will class that as a bonus

Lets not forget that Llorente used to sport a mullet

6a0115709f071f970b017ee3ea9b5b970d.jpg

Yikes. :p

Isn't that more associated with the big city life? The bigger a city is, the more weird average men off the street looks like.

I always thought it was the other way round - I've lived in the countryside and in quite a few cities across the world, and I always found the more lumpy-looking types in the country. No idea why, though. :)

Back