• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Not part of the Champions League squad. This is going from bad to worse for him.

I guess he just needs to get himself fit gain and concentrate on the league and cups rather than worrying about CL.

Really annoyed that Lamela and Janssen was left out of the CL squad. Thought Lamela would be fit by October.

Our last CL game before the break is Dec 6th, why would we put him in?

If by the knock outs (if we make them) he is fit Im sure he will find his way into the squad.

Love me some Lamela. Anyone who thinks he hasn't been an integral part of our squad, when fit, is cat brick Stacy.

Its a funny one, so integral I completely forget he exists!

Im not sure we have missed him at all. We have had two of our best seasons, including top performances, without him.

And yet Im still really looking forward to his return.

I do think theres a top player in him, and I love his attitude and Im excited to see what he could to in a 3-5-2 as Ive always been convinced he is most effective centrally.

Im not sure we have missed him at all. We have had two of our best seasons, including top performances, without him.

I do think theres a top player in him, and I love his attitude and Im excited to see what he could to in a 3-5-2 as Ive always been convinced he is most effective centrally.

We certainly missed an extra attacking option off the bench last season - was a major concern for a majority of people going in to the summer transfer window as was creativity in place of Eriksen... It's not likely he would oust either Eriksen or Alli from the starting XI but he'd almost certainly be a better option off the bench than Sissoko, who was involved in over 30 games last season, and would give us a greater chance of changing games with substitutions.

I dont disagree, but "good substitute" isnt the same as "integral" to me.

And I say that as someone who is really quite a fan.

Its Cliche but he really could be like a new signing if he comes back fit enough to last the season.

I'd say any player of the squad who sees regular appearances/minutes can be seen as integral - especially if we want to challenge on all fronts. Semantics though really

I'd say any player of the squad who sees regular appearances/minutes can be seen as integral - especially if we want to challenge on all fronts. Semantics though really
THIS! We've got so many good players in the squad, that we are able to perform without a couple of them. It's a similar case to when Kane, Rose, Verthongen and Dembele have been out. We still play well and win games, but that doesn't mean that said players are not needed/missed/vital. The more top players we have available, the better. Makes it hard for the manager to pick a team, but better that than having no alternatives!

Its one of those, things change so quickly in football its ridiculous to think anything is set in stone.

Look at the comments on Kane the other day, who would have thought he would end up like he has.

We may have completely written him off and told him so, fully intent on freezing him out* but all it takes is one injury forcing his inclusion and then a top performance from him and suddenly the whole outlook changes.

*I dont believe this, by the way, its bloody ridiculous.

Lamela gives us more strength in depth, so hopefully he gets fit asap. IMO, we could see Sissoko moved on in January if Lamela is up and running.

I don't know about two seasons. He was integral to the 15/16 season.

He could easily play with Eriksen and Ali. Could be : Lamela Dembele Wanyama Eriksen Ali Kane - as the front 6.

I don't know about two seasons. He was integral to the 15/16 season.

He could easily play with Eriksen and Ali. Could be : Lamela Dembele Wanyama Eriksen Ali Kane - as the front 6.

At this stage, he is well behind Son in the pecking order. He has a lot to prove after being out for more than a year.

Back