• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Extremely underrated people can't seem to get over his lengthy settling in period in a team that was a shambles

I'm not trawling through this whole thread for a start.

And if memory serves me right a lot of "pundits" questioning his mental strength.

I'm not prepared to put my lemonademoney where my mouth is ...
He on that illustrious list that includes: Walker, Rose, Dembele, Davies, Trippier, Eriksen, Son, and Kane all either not good enough or poor at sometime on this site.

He on that illustrious list that includes: Walker, Rose, Dembele, Davies, Trippier, Eriksen, Son, and Kane all either not good enough or poor at sometime on this site.

And with some of them mentioned quite rightly so. Different players take different times to settle, plus the fact that much has to click like good manager and stability for good players to thrive.

We can agree all mentioned have been beyond our personal false expectations. All players mentioned had shown potential and i agree sometimes patience is needed.

Just hope that he doesn't take too long to get his game back. We need to be patient with him. He's been out for a prolonged period so I doubt he will be on top form immediately. Just hope we don't get people on his back saying how he was never good enough etc.

I would imagine our training sessions will dust off any cobwebs. Obviously he won't reach full match fitness for a few games after returning but I don't think he'll struggle. It's worth remembering that he didn't have full blown invasive surgery, it was keyhole which is less disruptive and easier to come back from. Shame we didn't diagnose it earlier and we wouldn't have lost him for a year.

I would imagine our training sessions will dust off any cobwebs. Obviously he won't reach full match fitness for a few games after returning but I don't think he'll struggle. It's worth remembering that he didn't have full blown invasive surgery, it was keyhole which is less disruptive and easier to come back from. Shame we didn't diagnose it earlier and we wouldn't have lost him for a year.

But he's not played for a year competitively. So training or not, it will be different to actually getting out there and getting the minutes in. I think he's great. He works hard, has skills and vision. I was anticipating big things from him before he was then injured. Hopefully he can reach those levels again but I'll be patient.

Just hope that he doesn't take too long to get his game back. We need to be patient with him. He's been out for a prolonged period so I doubt he will be on top form immediately. Just hope we don't get people on his back saying how he was never good enough etc.
Just bring Sissoko on and all will be forgiven

Back