• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Remember Villas Boas saying after we signed Adebayor that he didn't expect to sign any more strikers? He said that he would rather have two first choice strikers and have the third option be someone younger so they challenge more rigourously for the striking position without sulking about a lack of game time. He said if you have three top strikers the third will always start to complain.

So why has he thought it a good idea to have two first choice keepers? Doesn't the same principle apply? And already it appears that Lloris is unhappy. He's a very good kepper but how well he will adapt we can't tel yet. For all we know he could have a awful start like Gomes or he could be amazing. At the moment he is a risk.

But if Lloris is better than we have to drop Freidel. A player who already has made a big contribution to the team and who looks to be on fire. So either way someone has to suffer.

Seems to me like Villas-Boas man managment skills are still very, very poor. Under Redknapp the players were used to having a manager who's man mangament skills were very good. Sure he might have had his moments like with Darren Bent's missed header but on the whole he was very good at man mangament. Under Villas Boas the players now have a manager who's very different. This can't be good for the continuity of where we left off.

Early in the summer Friedel publicly stated that if Spurs replace him he is prepared to be second choice, he seems like a model pro who knows we have a hot talent in Lloris and at his age probably realizes he cannot expect to be first choice.

I find it funny you question AVBs man managment here - he said the right thing, imv - laying the gauntlet down to the new signing whilst giving Friedel praise and a hope that he wont be cast aside

He can't win basically

Loris should man the fcuk up and fight for his place by out performing Brad in training. Or Deschamps should shut his fat mouth. Either way the number one jersey is Brads to lose.

Loris should man the fcuk up and fight for his place by out performing Brad in training. Or Deschamps should shut his fat mouth. Either way the number one jersey is Brads to lose.

I like to bathe in custard. Whatever Lloris tells him in private, it's not his business to mouth off like that before Lloris has even had a chance to earn his place. Then again, I've always found Deschamps to be negative and miserable.

I like to bathe in custard. Whatever Lloris tells him in private, it's not his business to mouth off like that before Lloris has even had a chance to earn his place. Then again, I've always found Deschamps to be negative and miserable.

This. brick-stirring.

Early in the summer Friedel publicly stated that if Spurs replace him he is prepared to be second choice, he seems like a model pro who knows we have a hot talent in Lloris and at his age probably realizes he cannot expect to be first choice.

I find it funny you question AVBs man managment here - he said the right thing, imv - laying the gauntlet down to the new signing whilst giving Friedel praise and a hope that he wont be cast aside

He can't win basically

Agreed and full credit to Friedel for his continually excellent and professional attitude...

10 pages of bitching and there is no story here at all. Journalists stir up a story and people use it to attack AVB from both sides.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Wind it in and try supporting your team, some of you.

he should just stick lloris in. he's potentially our keeper for years to come. not a good idea to fudge him off from day 1 by not picking him

friedel will understand it. he's 41 and will be leaving next summer whatever happens.

he should just stick lloris in. he's potentially our keeper for years to come. not a good idea to fudge him off from day 1 by not picking him

friedel will understand it. he's 41 and will be leaving next summer whatever happens.

My plan would be to break Lloris in with a Europa cup game at the Lane, before chucking him out there in front of a nervous crowd against QPR.

I think this whole thing is a little unfair on Lloris.

We've not actually heard him say anything. It's all 2nd hand and Deschamps impressions of how he's feeling. Mixed with a nice dollop of media sensationalism. For all we know, Lloris might have given Deschamps an earfull for getting involved and might be, ya know, a professional about his profession.

he's played 40 times for france and his whole career basically in the CL. what are we gonna do ? wait for brad to make a mistake so there's an excuse to drop to him ?

we didn't buy him cos he a steady pair of hands. we bought him cos he's absolutely top class. everyone tells me we're meant to building a new team (i'm sure not why. it's not like we were total brick like liverpool) so get him in.

This is flimflam from the media. They are obviously bored after the transfer window were shut.

I bet Lloris is frustrated at this story, hoping it doesn't fudge up the start of his Spurs career.

I'm not talking about fans wanting to sign him. I'm talking about concrete interest and enquiries from the club but for whatever reason he chose/moved to Lyon.

I know and I'm just adding that I was happy with the enquiries as I wanted him to play for us.

Agreed and full credit to Friedel for his continually excellent and professional attitude...

More like he is bankrupt and pretty much desperate to keep picking up a wage.

I think I read he had said he would have retired long ago had he not got into money trouble.

More like he is bankrupt and pretty much desperate to keep picking up a wage.

I think I read he had said he would have retired long ago had he not got into money trouble.

Couldn't care less about why he plays, just that he plays well.

Couldn't care less about why he plays, just that he plays well.

Yeah totally, I met him last season after a game and he is a great professional.

But it is very much in his interests to sit on our bench and not cause a fuss. Because of his financial situation he doesnt have the luxury of kicking up a fuss and moving to a smaller club to play football but on less money.

Yeah totally, I met him last season after a game and he is a great professional.

But it is very much in his interests to sit on our bench and not cause a fuss. Because of his financial situation he doesnt have the luxury of kicking up a fuss and moving to a smaller club to play football but on less money.

Sad to read...I have to say, I doubt he would kick up a fuss anyhow, not that sort of person. I still respect his thorough professionalism, equally, I have said a few times that age is not his friend and that his time has come...I expect Lloris to be between the stick regularly within the next 5 weeks.

By Chris Teale
MORE ON*:* France, Tottenham,
Hugo Lloris has insisted that he focused on his duties for France ahead of Les Blues’ opening World Cup 2014 qualifiers, despite his recent move to*Tottenham.

France face Finland and Belarus during the international break, and the national side’s captain has dismissed claims that his deadline-day move to White Hart Lane has hampered his preparation after a summer of uncertainly over his future.

Lloris told France Football: "About my personal situation, it is neither the place nor the time to discuss this.

“I think I'm professional enough to make sense of things.

“Throughout the preparation [with Lyon], there was a lot of noise and a choice has been made [to sell], but I prepared myself the best ways with OL to deal with this qualifying phase.

“I have much desire to start this phase and I've lived a few games that can help me."

Lloris, who has made 38 appearances for France since making his debut in 2008 against Uruguay, moved to Spurs for a fee rising to £12.3 million after a drawn-out transfer saga which prompted Lyon president to hit out at the north London outfit’s chairman and his handling of the negotiations.

Back