• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

On Friday LLoris accepts to sign a 4 year deal, and they tell him he'll be n°1, then on Saturday AVB tells the media hes n°2. Its just not right and thats why LLoris probably already thinks there is something wrong here.

Apart from that, LLoris would have no worries about Friedel, as he is just a class above.

so lloris expected to walk into the sticks no questions asked?

national coaches shouldn't meddle with club coaching. dechamp the douchebag was waaay out of line there.

AVB said what he had to send the right signal to the TEAM - that performance counts.

And yes, Lloris should be there thinking he should be able to easily prove himself significantly better than old man Brad. I'd be worried if Lloris were thinking the same as Dechamp.

Rubbish - storm in a teacup.

Lloris needs to get into the club, get some training under his belt and respect the status quo. If he is as good as people think he will have no trouble proving it and taking the no1 spot.

AVB, quite RIGHTLY IMO, has seen the incumbent keeper perform well and not said "Thats a shame because Lloris is starting next, see you later Brad" - he has instead encouraged competition. Which apart from being the whole point of sport can be only a good thing for Spurs.

If Lloris is so fragile that his ego cant take a passing comment supporting Friedel then I fear we have made a huge mistake and the premiership will eat him alive.

Rubbish - storm in a teacup.

Lloris needs to get into the club, get some training under his belt and respect the status quo. If he is as good as people think he will have no trouble proving it and taking the no1 spot.

AVB, quite RIGHTLY IMO, has seen the incumbent keeper perform well and not said "Thats a shame because Lloris is starting next, see you later Brad" - he has instead encouraged competition. Which apart from being the whole point of sport can be only a good thing for Spurs.

If Lloris is so fragile that his ego cant take a passing comment supporting Friedel then I fear we have made a huge mistake and the premiership will eat him alive.

Totally agree.

so lloris expected to walk into the sticks no questions asked?

Yes, and rightly so. Hes one of the best and is recognized as one of the best. Friedel is 41, a good keeper whos never been involved in a top game, or even a CL game.

If LLoris had arrived in July he would have been between the sticks straight away, so why not now?

Yes, and rightly so. Hes one of the best and is recognized as one of the best. Friedel is 41, a good keeper whos never been involved in a top game, or even a CL game.

If LLoris had arrived in July he would have been between the sticks straight away, so why not now?

You can't guarantee that, and even if he had done it would have been with a full pre season to prove himself and he would have gotten to know his team mates. If you think he can just turn up on name alone and think that's enough to be playing when we have a very good and proven albeit old keeper here already then you are living in dreamland.......

Because it's de-motivational.

'Look how well Brad is playing! I'm going to replace him anyway'

Is not encouraging people to play well. It's saying playing well isn't going to change anything.

As I've said at work there's no way France's number one and captain would have accepted to join us without assurances he'd be first choice.

You can't guarantee that, and even if he had done it would have been with a full pre season to prove himself and he would have gotten to know his team mates. If you think he can just turn up on name alone and think that's enough to be playing when we have a very good and proven albeit old keeper here already then you are living in dreamland.......

It's not just name, it's ability too. If Messi turned up, would you make him prove himself or would he be straight into the side on name and reputation?

Also, people were giving AVB grief for not starting Dembele and Ade. Surely that's the same?

As I've said at work there's no way France's number one and captain would have accepted to join us without assurances he'd be first choice.

Exacly, so if Friedel does well all season, then we'll have LLoris playing in the Carling cup, for 80k a week...

Look at the Wba game, last few minutes, Friedel was unable to get the ball, most keepers would have done so and we would have got 3pts.

Well, i give up then :lol:

Lets play Friedel so he keeps his premierleague record, lets play Dawson because he is a nice lad, lets play livermore because he is from the club..

I dont know what to say really, all i know is we'll have results like that every Saturday. We need to move on and play the top players.

No one is saying Brad keeps the shirt indefinitely.

People are saying Brad has earnt the shirt, and deserves to keep it until such a time Lloris has earnt it from him.

To the end that Brad should start against Reading, and Lloris should be given an opportunity against Lazio. Where it goes from there is up to the players.

If Lloris is as good as you think he is he should not need assurances of his place, he should not take exception to the idea of competition and he should indeed take that position in short order and hold onto it.

From Spurs point of view two top keepers in competition for the place is a lot better than one who has been crapped out of the team because we brought a new player.

This really isn't a problem, Lloris will be first choice keeper sooner rather than later.
It's just a matter of preparing him for the Premier League and phasing him into the team instead of forcing the issue.
There's 3 UEFA and Carling cup games every month in sept-nov, he'll get games and eventually take over Friedel's spot in the Premier League games.
Give it a bit more than 3 days please ..

Friedel's individual apparance record won't be a reason behind his selection, not sure why you think AVB or the fans would care about that.

What about Friedel though? When is he going to come out and pick the ball in the box? When is he going to help the defense? That has cost us so much in the last two home games.

We talk about getting LLoris prepared to the premierleague about doing something he does better than Friedel.

This is a tough league for keepers to adapt too, there is no harm in being careful with his acclimation.

Friedel isnt perfect and I dont think anyone has said as much, but he is a top keeper and despite mistakes has also kept us in the last couple of games with some fine saves.

Lloris has no right to just wander into the team. He needs to earn it. Thats how sport works.

This is a tough league for keepers to adapt too, there is no harm in being careful with his acclimation.

Friedel isnt perfect and I dont think anyone has said as much, but he is a top keeper and despite mistakes has also kept us in the last couple of games with some fine saves.

Lloris has no right to just wander into the team. He needs to earn it. Thats how sport works.

Well then we'll be in trouble again and again, he needs to help his defense and pick the ball in the box. Aslong as this carries on, the defense will look all over the place.

The likes of Gallas and Kaboul, center backs, have done their best, for him to come. If he isnt between the sticks soon, they wont be happy. They know he would secure the defense better.

I think this is being blow up out of proportion. Lloris was signed as number 1 and I'm sure he will be starting soon.

I thought AVB's comments were just showing some respect for Friedel after he made some important saves. Friedel was professional in how he referred to our pursuit of a replacement and there was no need for the manager to say it was a very nice performance but he will be replaced next game. The talk about competing for the number 1 spot was just manager speak. If he was serious about competition we might have had a sighting of Gomes.

If what Deschamps is saying is true, AVB perhaps ought to have had a reassuring word with Lloris before he left for international duty. Come to think about it, was Lloris at the game? I think I read he was back in France saying good-bye to his team-mates.

Well then we'll be in trouble again and again, he needs to help his defense and pick the ball in the box. Aslong as this carries on, the defense will look all over the place.

The likes of Gallas and Kaboul, center backs, have done their best, for him to come. If he isnt between the sticks soon, they wont be happy. They know he would secure the defense better.

I think you are being a bit of a drama queen now.

Lloris needs to work his way into the team in the interests of squad harmony and competition.

I highly doubt any professional sportsman would take exception to that. I also highly doubnt the likes of Kaboul are going to cause issue just because their mate had to show his goods before getting into the team.

If you take issue with that then we have nothing more to discuss.

I think you are being a bit of a drama queen now.

Lloris needs to work his way into the team in the interests of squad harmony and competition.

I highly doubt any professional sportsman would take exception to that. I also highly doubnt the likes of Kaboul are going to cause issue just because their mate had to show his goods before getting into the team.

If you take issue with that then we have nothing more to discuss.

In a way, i understand your point. You dont really know LLoris and you like Friedel so you want Lloris to prove himself. From my angle, i know LLoris is a fantastic keeper,one of the best around and i want to see him in action as soon as possible. You`re worried about squad harmony and thats fair enough.

In a way, i understand your point. You dont really know LLoris and you like Friedel so you want Lloris to prove himself. From my angle, i know LLoris is a fantastic keeper,one of the best around and i want to see him in action as soon as possible. You`re worried about squad harmony and thats fair enough.

Thats not my angle at all. New player needs to prove himself over existing player to earn place in the team properly.

The only real exceptions are when there is no existing player. IE - Modric and VDV have gone, so I would expect Dembele and Dempsey/Sigurdsson to come in.

As it happens I quite expect Lloris to be in sooner rather than later, I just absolutely oppose to the idea he gets to wander straight in when Friedel is doing a good job.

On a slightly wider point, this is IMO a very important stance for AVB to take. People need to see he is fair, and that players are picked on merit and not reputation. It should help him gain respect.

As an advance on this I suspect it is why Defoe and Livermore started ahead of Adebayor and Dembele against Norwich. Those guys were in the team, they shouldnt get immediately dropped. But, like Lloris, I expect Adebayor and Dembele to find their way in pretty quickly.

It's a stitch up by the press. Any pressure they can heap on AVB is a 'story'...the Dippers will get I too...

Back